It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mods in Recent Applause List?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I just noticed in the "Recent Applause" box on the front page that a mod is listed.

Is there a way to applaud mods that I do not know about?

As a side note.

It would be great if one could click on the member's name in the recent applause box and view the post applauded much like the red warning links.

Just throwing that out there.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I think that's a little cross board action happ'nin Gools. ATSNN people can applaud anyone submitting news, so it can happen to an ATS mod on ATSNN like any other poster.

The second item on seeing the actual posts has been tossed around alot, but it's just not as feasible as linking to a 'warn explanation" for a couple reasons.

One technical (since not all applause of a member necessarily corresponds to a single post), but the main one is the potential for drama when people disagree with the applause. It's one thing for everyone to see a plain as day TAC violation to explain a "warn," but answering "why'd he'd get applause for this" would detract from the effort to honor the poster.

My take anyway.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Thanks for the answers RANT. I keep forgetting that ATS and ATSNN are actually two different boards (like BTS as well).

As for the second item... yeah... I definitely see what you are saying.

join