It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion and race - do humans need eternal turmoil?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Turmoil def: A state of extreme confusion or agitation.

I was reading about the racism in football/soccer in the MSM over the last few weeks. I remember only a few decades ago when the English, Scots, Welsh and Irish all called each other racist names during football/soccer matches.

Now that mass immigration has occurred in England, the English, Scots, Welsh and Irish are all on speaking terms. They have now started abusing the immigrants.

In a similar manner the indigenous English have lost their fear/hang-ups about Christianity and have made it a humourous subject.

However this has been replaced with fear/hang-ups of Islam leading to the indigenous English becoming confused about imaginary human Gods once again.

This begs the question do humans need eternal turmoil when it comes to race and religion? If so what is the biological or spiritual advantage of racism or religious bigotry?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

Labels separate.
Why do people give such importance to a word?
A name is shouted and the individual is offended. The individual doesn't like it so the individual gets upset.
If you want peace you have to forget about the names and labels.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
That eternal turmoil has always been perpetuated by those of the ruling class through religion, propaganda and media outlets. The vast majority of the human population just wants to live peacefully, and enjoy their lives. But that's hard to do when you have governments and religions using divide and conquer tactics the world over.

Division among the races, genders, and religions keep the masses focused on everything but what they should be focused on... The criminals running this world.
edit on 11/2/2012 by Klassified because: spelling

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

As the nature of the universe is motion, all order must eventually dissolve into chaos, before rising into new order. According to this law, extreme confusion and/or agitation leads to a fresh understanding, or takes a step toward such.

Therefore, yes, turmoil is beneficial. But if that turmoil results from resistance to change, then chaos will be prolonged until either change is conceded - or we will devolve into a previous state. A ball rolling up a hill will fall back down if it meets too much resistance.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by dr treg

As the nature of the universe is motion, all order must eventually dissolve into chaos, before rising into new order. According to this law, extreme confusion and/or agitation leads to a fresh understanding, or takes a step toward such.

Geez, you're still posting this nonsense?

Entropy. It's what physics (you know, "science",) says is the eventual result of the natural order. Chaos doesn't result in order, chaos results in the inevitable decline of order, due to entropy.

Either admit that your philosophy is contrary to science, or stop making irrational claims like "all order must eventually dissolve into chaos, before rising into new order" which is in clear violation of all known laws of physics.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Entropy. It's what physics (you know, "science",) says is the eventual result of the natural order. Chaos doesn't result in order, chaos results in the inevitable decline of order, due to entropy.

Then why do humans still exist? If that is the nature of chaos, then surely we'd be extinct by now.

As for your "nonsense" comment: You posted a thread, I posted a response. It's not my fault you are more content to keep your eyes wide shut. Don't ask questions if you don't want the answers.

edit on 3-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by adjensen

Then why do humans still exist? If that is the nature of chaos, then surely we'd be extinct by now.

Why would humans not still exist? What does that have to do with anything?

That IS the nature of chaos. You wanting it to be something else doesn't make it so.

As for your "nonsense" comment: You posted a thread, I posted a response. It's not my fault you are more content to keep your eyes wide shut. Don't ask questions if you don't want the answers.

That was my first post in this thread -- I didn't ask you a question, and I wouldn't have anyway, as I know that science isn't your thing.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
When "bad" things happen, and we are mature enough to question "why" then it becomes a state of peril when we cannot find the answer - religion is just a theory to explain suffering, a set of rules that it is believed must be "broken" in order for one to be "judged" and thus for that individual to "suffer".

new topics

top topics

join