It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Micro-Planets Made From Hundreds of Landscape Photos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Check it out, Ms. Nelson is quite talented and has made a number of tiny worlds for us to enjoy. There are a number of different samples of her work at the article link below. Two examples can be seen above.

They all look like idyllic places to spend some time, even if a bit limited in terms of size. That's OK by me; sign me up, I'm ready to go live on any of these micro-planets at a moment's notice.

While working on films like Moulin Rouge and 300, photographer Catherine Nelson learned cutting edge compositing techniques that she’s now using to make fantastical planets out of her favorite landscapes...Inspired by the Flemish painter Pieter Bruegel, who was known for including several different scenes in one painting, Nelson said she chose the shape of a circle — as opposed to a traditional rectangle — because it allowed her to do something similar. She wanted to take the best moments from a various landscapes and piece them together in one frame.

Source: Wired Magazine

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

S+F
Really interesting artwork.
It feels like the sphere, like the earth itself. Is a never ending resource.

I would suggest you check out Sharpwriter's deviantART. If you like these mind blowing art works.
He does alot of Political drawings/paintings.
Sharpwriter's Art

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Being a lover and somewhat collector of art, I appreciate this post you have generated. Here are some more to add to the thread...........

The Park:

The Showgrounds:

The Flying Beach:

Photographer Robert Piontek's distinctive tiny planets photography is spiffy as hell. He takes a bunch of images standing in one spot and then stitches them together using software. Sweet stuff from Germany.

S&F

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Thanks for the art, both of you.

Some great stuff at Sublimecraft's link.

edit on 11/2/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

top topics

join