It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Factors that Predict the Election Winner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I guess I will find out if it gets moved

Cracked had an article today about different ways the presidential election can be predicted. I'd heard of only one on the list so I thought I would share, and give the results. Take a break from all the politcal arguing for a little light hearted political article.

Before I begin, here is the link to the original article on Cracked. I am only going to list the prediction's, but you can view the history of each predictions accuracy on the article. They all have a pretty decent accuracy.

6. If the Redskins win their last home game before the election, then the party in power stays in power.

I checked out their schedule and they play at home this Sunday. Gotta wait to see on this one!

Score: Obama - 0 Romney - 0

5. Whichever candidate's Halloween mask sells the most, he will be the next president. (The only one I had heard of.)

Link Obama masks outsold Romney masks 60% - 40%.

Score: Obama - 1 Romney - 0

4. Scholastic asks kids across the country to participate in a mock vote. Whichever winner the kids pick will be the next president.

Here are the results for this year. 51% Obama and 45% Romney

Score: Obama - 2 Romney - 0

3. Vigo County, Indiana always picks the future president.

We won't know who they have voted for until election night.

Score: Obama - 2 Romney - 0

2. If the Summer Olympics are hosted by a country that had previously won a hosting bid, the current president will be reelected.

London hosted in 1908 and won a bid to host in 1944.

Score: Obama - 3 Romney - 0

1. If the movie that won Best Picture at the Academy Awards in the previous year had a happy ending, the current president stays in place.

2011's best picture was The Artist. The ending was happy, so I've read. I've not seen the movie, so tell me if I'm wrong.

Final Score: Obama - 4 Romney - 0

Does any of this mean anything? Probably not. I just thought it was fun to read about and wanted to share. I had never heard of most of these. Are there other little predictors like this?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Here's some more bizarre factors : Bankers, Media and Race.

Don't forget the fact that people think its a difference between parties.

This list is a little weird though. The person who made it is hilarious.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I flagged you, bubba.

That's the most believable political analysis I've seen throughout this whole campaign.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well, that puts Obama ahead and that is what the polls show and the electoral college. Actually Obama has a big lead.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I would see what Paul the psychic octopus preditcs, but I think he died...

new topics

top topics

join