It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if every person voted 3rd party?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Hypothetically speaking.
Would it be the first time in history that a president wasn't either Democrat or Republican?
Or do you suppose the higher-ups would say, 'Haaa, that doesn't count' and choose either Obama and Romney themselves?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
That's easy!

TPTB would have to decide whether to allow Gary Johnson to assume the presidency and buy him off? Or, decide how to deal with the repercussions if they attempted to skew the results and got caught doing it? But the latter would not happen because right after they declare their winner, the internet would be "attacked" and shut down, so we could only get our "news" from MSM and would be powerless to try and organize and stop it...

edit on 10/31/2012 by GoOfYFoOt because: I can...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
2000 election showed that the popular vote can go to one candidate while the Electoral College goes to another. In the '92 election Ross Perot got 17% of the popular vote and 0 electoral votes, which is arguably because many states are "winner takes all."

If everyone voted for a 3rd partier, I'd guess the electoral college would still give the election to the Rep or Dem.
edit on 31-10-2012 by Cynicalhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The fact that its allways a two party race always astonishes me! How the hell can either one or the other be considered democratic is beyond stupid!!! We need choices not boolean algebra politics!!!
edit on 31-10-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

link   
The system is so rotten to the core, I'm thinking that one way or another (be it making the 'third party' elected president disappear somehow or by some other methodology), the system wouldn't change one bit and the power players would still and always get their way.

The only way this system will ever change is if it is dismantled and reinvented and then rebuilt.

Same poop . . . different flaming baggie.

link   
I assume they would do the same as Bush/Gore.

demand a recount and declare "their" winner.

link   
So, basically, keep everyone from revealing to each other that they didn't vote for the candidate that came into office?
That wouldn't last long before they were caught anyway, so yeah, I agree they'd just go with the flow and then try to "take care of" Johnson later.

link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

Easy Question

Romney would win 53% to 45%, 63% voter turn out.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
But no one would vote for Romney (or Obama), so they'd have no percentage, unless it was a made-up one.
edit on 31-10-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The higher ups could not do anything about it. Your third party would finally get funded. Your third party would have a say. Your third party could be like a wrench in the wheels of this crap the other two keep feeding you. The two you have are the same one. Haven't you ever noticed how some politians defect and go to the other side. Well so do their subordinates. Until you the people give yourselfs a voice you will never have one period.

A third party system keeps everybody way more honest. Instead of having opposition from one side they get it on both sides. They have to try harder. If enough of you were to vote third party you would have more control over things. It would be harder for them to control all. A vote for THE GREENS is a vote for the people even if they don't win. Canada has 4 party's and look at us. Were making it. We get to keep our guns. We don't have Fema Camps and were not going to war.

If you guys don't change things this time you may never have an election again.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well, believe it or not...
It can, and does happen.

I'm from Scotland, and the Scottish people were disillusioned with the main 2 political parties here (Labour and Conservative).
(Although there are other political parties, the government here has been controlled by one or other of these two for many decades now.)
Anyway, In Scotland, the people decided that a third party, the Scottish National Party (SNP), was a better bet for them, and voted them into power. They now control the Scottish Parliament and are doing ok.

Their main political objective is complete independence from the UK, and they will be holding a referendum on that issue in 2014.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

GTD

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
That is an easy answer...

Nice thought but won't happen. Too many "heirloom voters" with low IQ's that vote based on "my daddy always voted (fill in the blank) and that is what I'mma gonna do too"

People are idjets...they don't see the obvious...the two party system is a scam to fool the intellectually challenged...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

That's the joke, you'll never know

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The electoral college would simply choose whomever they'd been told to. Nobody'd be the wiser, how would we know the people voted 3rd party?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hey, ATS let's find out!

What i Wonder, (though i like GJ) is If Ron Paul still has any electroal votes?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
They would sell those votes to the highest bidder and either a democrat or a republican would find a home in the house of white

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

The electoral college would probably put in one of the two candidates and fake the results....for all we know they already do that. Infact, I doubt very much that it really matters who you vote for, but I can't prove it. Either way I'm probably voting for Ron Paul...tired of voting for shiniest of two turds. I want to vote for what I believe, even if it doesn't matter or even if my candidate loses.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Sadly i believe that the winner is already chosen and our votes mean nothing. I still vote in every election, i believe the local elections might not be rigged, but still... Looking at the last GOP election, in our small town, there are only rednecks, noone will go out in vote but a handful. I was told when i arrived after about 6:00 PM, that there was maybe a 30sum person turn up. Knowing that myself and a friend had gotten about 15 people to go vote for paul, the newspaper still said the next day that paul lost by a landslide... Strange...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
That's an interesting question. TPTB want to keep control while at the same time, they also want to maintain all the illusions. TPTB spend considerable resources maintaining the illusions... big and small. So, if a third-party got elected they would initially try to get the new president elect to play ball. If he cannot be corrupted, there's always assassination. TPTB would NEVER relinquish power.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Aside from the guy from Scotland whom told you they changed and voted in third party the rest of you are stupid and doomed. Sorry. I can't believe your responses. Negitive. Negitive. Negitive. You guys for a conspiracy site are the brainwashed sheeple. Can't matter. Won't matter. Won't change. Assasination...... You guys are doomed for sure. Because you won't take the steps to help yourselves. You guys have all been conditioned to think that nothing matters anyway and that in spite of your vote that its rigged anyways. Actually I can't believe that most of you won't even vote. You all cry and whine and bitch about the constitution and how your freedoms are getting taken away but still you won't vote. If everybody did vote whats happening in your country would have never happened. I'm sick to death hearing about how hard done by you guys all are. Americans are their own worst enemies. Your all getting less and less popular by the minute and its not all about your government. Its about how you the population behaves. Cry babies whom won't do nothing. Go ahead and suck it up. You can't help those whom won't help themselves.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join