It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just something I'm working on...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Howdy all...

I'm a musician who is starting film school in the spring, and I've just been experimenting with making some short films. Because I've yet to enter instruction on filmmaking, I chose to just use some of my recorded music and build some visuals over the top. It's not a music video, per se, but rather a combination of mediums to create an effect. I shared one the other day, I'm laughing as I type this, because I only got 2 replies and they were both ...funny.

So, I wanted to share another quickly. This actually turned into something that, for me, resembled a commercial, and I sent the link to the owner of Valhalla Games so he could view it. I hope you enjoy it, I'd love some feedback.

Peace all...
Lee Edward Sager

Valhalla ~ www.youtube.com...

edit on 31-10-2012 by BBobb because: meh

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I suggest finding a free copy of Sony Vegas Pro and using it for educational purposes. I'm not encouraging getting illegal copies, it's just for practicing until you start school. You can find tutorials within the program that are helpful, and the crapload of tutorials on Youtube might also help.

My opinion on the video is that there was too much going on, didn't understand the beginning game clips and the final image. Those effects used on the video clips didn't look right, that might just be my take. I also noticed an unedited portion of the Staples Center clip, unless it was the transition you used that caused a black pause after it.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
I suggest finding a free copy of Sony Vegas Pro and using it for educational purposes. I'm not encouraging getting illegal copies, it's just for practicing until you start school. You can find tutorials within the program that are helpful, and the crapload of tutorials on Youtube might also help.

My opinion on the video is that there was too much going on, didn't understand the beginning game clips and the final image. Those effects used on the video clips didn't look right, that might just be my take. I also noticed an unedited portion of the Staples Center clip, unless it was the transition you used that caused a black pause after it.

Thanks for your suggestion with the Sony software, I'll look at it. It would be good to get boned up on software before beginning school...much appreciated. Right now I'm doing all of this on Windows Movie Maker, which is probably the most basic of all video editing programs.

As for what you said about the video, what I was actually trying to achieve was really layering the video with the beat of the music, and I think that if I'm happy with this film at all, it's that I did do a descent job of aligning video that I was just pulling off the internet with the rhythm of the song I had recorded. If you watch it again, I think you'll see I pulled that off...well, descently. Not expertly, but I don't adhere yet to those standards since, hey, I'm just starting.

I'm gonna put the first video I posted here that I mentioned in my intial post so if you check back in you can look at it. I actually think it's a lot better, I certainly enjoy it more. But, all that aside, thank you for your input. I will take it to heart.

Peace...
Lee Edward Sager

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

With more careful observation I noticed what you said you were trying to achieve, not bad actually. As for the software you're using right now, I see you're very limited to what you can do, so Sony Vegas would be excellent to begin with, actually I wouldn't be surprised if you started school and were ahead of a lot of the people there, whether it be because your understanding of half of the insane terminology is better, or because your school actually uses Sony Vegas, which would put you far ahead of the game. I tried to get the hang of Sony Vegas but couldn't, mainly because I'm not interested in video editing.

top topics

join