It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why we vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
On no less than 13 occasions since I have been a member on ats I have read people dismissing the right to vote. Is voting a sham the answer is a loud and disenchanted yes. But we have allowed it to become a sham. during Ron Paul's bid I asked several co workers if they would vote for him only to hear the answer, yes but he is unelectable so I won't waste my vote. I asked myself how is a political personality who was heralded as uncorrupted and firm in his beliefs unelectable? Is their a litmus test I was unaware of? Did I not get a memo that the rest of America had received? No it's much more surreal than that. Truth is voting has become as effective as a Palestinian child throwing a rock at an Israeli tank, in that it makes us feels though we have some impact and control over our Destiny. However at this time we do not and will not till we form our own party, a party for the disenfranchised the lost and the true American inside of US all. All of US get caught up in the left and right rhetoric the religious implications and the fervent beliefs that one is evil and the other good. Your candidates sit behind panels of people telling them how to talk what to wear and how to look into a camera passionately but that only masks who they are and what they stand for. I can say this for certain it isn't me and I'm sure it's not you either. This my friends is the definition of a conspiracy, a plot to fool you into believing that a donkey is far from an elephant. They are no different both accept money to cast you into the prisons and into debt, To bail out the rich and starve the poor, To insure McDonald's has a workforce of uneducated ordertakers and burgerflippers living in squalor conditions, And yet we fall for it year after year. Work our selves to the bone to survive and get no where. Well friends I am done I have examined both parties and judged them unfit to lead my struggling country. I can not submit to drones flying over my head as I slumber unaware of their intentions, police shooting the poor and arresting the dissenters, being photographed nude and searched just to enjoy a well earned vacation, corporations buying my future through lobbying and subversive tactics, constantly being told that people in mud houses thousands of miles away will bring me death if I don't allow my freedom to be stripped from me through legislation, my fellow country men and women arrested under cover of night for laws that are against our sacred constitution. It is time for our party our congress and our Way of life to be restored before it's nothing more than ashes in the wind. I would like you the people of ats to step up with ideas and theory to help mould this ideal into a functioning platform, secular in nature fair in spirit and honorable in action.

Thank you for reading

Oasisjack

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by oasisjack

Hit the enter key and it inserts a line break

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Voting doesn't change anything when the candidates are following the same orders of the same people/elite

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
when you will vote for Obama
dont put a check mark or an X
put RP for Ron Paul

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Voting doesn't change anything when the candidates are following the same orders of the same people/elite

This is something I realized a few years ago. They are all cut from the same cloth and working for the same people. It's the illusion of choice. It's like buying one product instead of another, only to find out later on that they were owned by the same corporation all along.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by oasisjack

I suspect you were being rhetorical, but I will stake out my position. Republican voters’ litmus test centered on Dr. Paul’s foreign policy. For the Democrats who were capable of looking beyond the Left’s sacrosanct race hustling and forced egalitarianism there was common ground in the areas of civil liberties and, surprisingly enough, Dr. Paul’s foreign policy.

By and large I believe the vast majority of the U.S. electorate takes as given that a strong central government is necessary for the welfare of the nation. For the Right a strong central government is necessary for national security; for the Left a strong central government is necessary for social justice. They are, I think, general statements that represent the core justifications for a strong central government.

To address “I would like you the people of ATS to step up with ideas …” I have this to say. One, commentary about politics that doesn’t include playful caricature is, in my opinion, pointless. (To be clear, I am not commenting about political kabuki.) That is, there ought to be entertainment value when discussing politics, if only because politics is theatre at its worst. Two, it would behoove the electorate to get a good chuckle and then look at the institution. Not the institution of political parties, but rather the institution of government—it’s structure, how it functions, et cetera. If nothing else people may recognize that regardless who reigns over whom the institution itself doesn’t change. And this is the key point: the institution itself doesn’t change. When someone says “Eh, Left or Right it’s all the same,” it is because the institution doesn’t change. Third, which follows naturally from two, it would be very sensible for the electorate to thoughtfully answer this question: Is a strong central government in my best interest?

Why do I believe this line of reasoning & questioning is correct? I believe it is correct for two reasons: 1) it makes sense; 2) the response to such reasoning & questioning from the vanguards of the Left & Right often demonstrates to me that their greatest fear is decentralization.

Both the Left & Right can lick their wounds at a loss, but nonetheless live to fight another day. If, however, the institution is greatly decentralized then there’s nothing left to fight over. They’re done. Finished.

"Done" and "finished" may not be such a bad outcome as many among the electorate have automatically assumed.

edit on 31-10-2012 by Kovenov because: (no reason given)

top topics

join