It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fearless' Felix Baumgartner: Mars is a waste of money

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Hi All

Looks like the high altitude and low pressure has made his head swell, lets send him back up but forget the parachute!!

Felix Big Head

Mars is a waste of money,was his adventure money well spent

edit on 30-10-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I can kind of see his point but on the other hand he is talking out of his behind.

I mean if you want to start talking about spending then lets go right now.

He is complaining $2.5 Billion was 'wasted' by the Mars rover project and that the money should have been put to better use. Military spending of the USA? $1735 BILLION. EVERY YEAR.

He is complaining about small peanuts.

Let's stop all research in all areas because somewhere somehow someone is wasting money and it could be put to better use.

Sorry but I was in limbo between laughing and crying when I read that article. What a giant boob.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
He went up, he came down. Somewhere in between he became a Mars expert.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

You just caused me to eject 1/3 of my coffee onto my lap Sir

Laughing and holding hot beverages are not the way forward

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy
reply to post by TFCJay

You just caused me to eject 1/3 of my coffee onto my lap Sir

Laughing and holding hot beverages are not the way forward

Ditto

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Following his reasoning;

why did anyone in our past who bothered wondering about what was over the horizon sail there in flimsy wooden ships?

why did anyone bother to try and make - and then fly - the first aeroplane?

why did anyone try and climb the highest point on our planet, or swim to the lowest depths, when technology that was basic and crude?

why did we prove we can go to the Moon strapped to a gigantic bomb, in a pressurised tin can and with all the computing power of a Sinclair?

Because we can.

Because we are curious, inventive, brave and adventurous.

Because we are human.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

The same reason Felix climbed into a tuna can attached to a balloon and then jumped out

That's why I'm so gobsmacked by this. His project was just as 'pointless' than many others.

As long as we keep learning from these crazy projects what's the harm?

I think he's just using his 5 minutes of fame to squeeze his opinions into the tabloids...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Felix sent that comment to the media chiseled out on his i-slate from the comfort of the cave he must obviously live in!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

reply to post by Beamish

The same reason Felix climbed into a tuna can attached to a balloon and then jumped out

That's why I'm so gobsmacked by this. His project was just as 'pointless' than many others.

Precisely.

However, I'm sure that the technology involved with his jump will benefit - somewhere down the line - those who will venture into space after him. Just the same as those who learnt precisely what wooden ships could actually do, and the lessons gained from that creaking, open cockpit aeroplane, and all the rudimentary inventiveness that took us up into space, up mountains in woollen clothing and into the sea in iron cauldrons.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Beamish

As long as we keep learning from these crazy projects what's the harm?

I think he's just using his 5 minutes of fame to squeeze his opinions into the tabloids...

Or he is part of a bigger thing and because of his sponsorship and contractual obligations,is required to answer questions and comment with a particular agenda?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I'm going to send an e-mail to Red Bull to let them know I'm switching legal stimulants over his statement.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I wish I could do that. I just love redbull too much :/ the competition doesn't quite cut it
Drinking one right now

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Where does he think the outfit he was wearing came from what research? Then he turns into a it's all about me speech. I would much rather my money going to space than going into some foreign country. And how is his jump helping mankind? The guy is nothing but a walking advertisement sadly we will be hearing from him for a while.

Sounds like exposure to this altitude turned him into a republican.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Any one else thinks Felix BumGardener is Jesus ? didnt they call off the jump for 48 hours ? didnt the whole world witness his return ?

edit on 30-10-2012 by JeZeus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JeZeus

Now THAT would have made me a believer. If Jesus climbed into a tin can on a balloon, flew into the outer layers of our atmosphere and then jumped out a few days later. Imagine that 2000 years ago.

Jesus got his stunt all wrong

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

I was about to say that, his jump was to stretch the limits of those suits they use.

And anyway how much did their publicity stunt cost.

All respect just went down the plug hole.

Me thinks the bends as screwed with his brain.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

His thing was VERY WELL SPENT!!! Because Red bull paid for it and not YOU! Mars, you pay for. And they didn't even go to mars. That's all filmed at Area 51. it's a money making sceme to pocket the 2.5 billion all for the cost of putting on a grainy crappy video that would cost less than 1 million to produce. It's a scam!!! So he's dead on on that one.

But ya otherwise fame generally goes to everyonese head to some degree.
edit on 30-10-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish
why did anyone bother to try and make - and then fly - the first aeroplane?

I think Bill Engvall stated this quite simply.."Because the year before the Wright Brothers took a road trip with thier family.."

edit on 30/10/2012 by Grimmley because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/10/2012 by Grimmley because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

His thing was VERY WELL SPENT!!! Because Red bull paid for it and not YOU! Mars, you pay for. And they didn't even go to mars. That's all filmed at Area 51. it's a money making sceme to pocket the 2.5 billion all for the cost of putting on a grainy crappy video that would cost less than 1 million to produce. It's a scam!!! So he's dead on on that one.

What makes you so sure Baumgartner's jump wasn't a hoax? Do you really believe a human being can travel faster than the speed of sound without an airplane?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Yeah I think it is possible. Speed of sound is not that fast, so yes, not a hoax.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join