It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy and NYC and NY State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I have have 2 houses in Hurricane Sandy's path one in NYC and the other in Schohaire county NY.

When Hurricane Irene hit Schohaire county was devastated FEMA is still there helping out and filling out damage claims.

I had 1 1/2 acres washed away in total down by creek creek bed was 18' across 16' down to the creek and opened to 70' across and the water was just below the 16' mark. when it was over it left a 72 wide gap and left 13' of sediment and river rock and lost more then 40 trees. luckily my house was spared.

Heres the evacuation map for NYC
NYC evac map

You should have at least six days of food and water. fill all you Meds. and if you have pets have enough food for them also and wee wee pads in case you can't go outside.

Have enough Emergency candle and lanterns, put masking tape on windows and have cell phones charged.

NYC EVAC Routes and updates
Upstate NY

The 211# has been turned on for Schohaire county, thats where some of the worst damage from hurricane Irene was. besides Greene County. Dam in these areas are being brought down to minimal levels to releve pressure on the Dams. Gilboa dam is being watched and relieving water pressure.

Fox 23

Watershed Post

Use the links above to monitor or for news.

Hope all of you in the Path of Sandy stay safe and lets hope it won't be as bad as they say.

Almost forgot if any one is traveling north or south

NY Thruway info

I-88 road info

MTA reports closing subways down at 7pm sunday night.

MTA info

MTA Alert

edit on 28-10-2012 by guitarist because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2012 by guitarist because: Road updates

edit on 28-10-2012 by guitarist because: MTA info

edit on 28-10-2012 by guitarist because: MTA Alert

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Here we go, all we can do is prepare, can't really do anything to stop this monster. If you're from the area make sure you get your food and supplies now.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Mostly ready here. Not going crazy like the majority of the people around here but definitely being prepared. Going to go out in a little while and get some gas and pull some cash.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'm in Philly.

All stocked up on booze for the next few days. Will be spending tonight in a bar. Start on the home supply tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

LOL thats a great way to ride it out. have fun and be safe.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Better to be prepared just in case. be safe.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by taws6

I'am setup at both houses. but going to start the storm in NYC , Then head up state
when weather and road conditions allow.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by guitarist

Get out of NYC right now. Please.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by otherpotato

I wish i could, my wife is a NY State Essential Personal and has to stay, so i stay until she can leave. I'am in a zone C on high ground. so fingers crossed , she has to stay in manhattan at her facility where she is the director of that facility, which sucks cause we are separated. but i'am prepared as any one can be.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This is the first time that i can remember the word OBLITERATE be used in East coast hurricane by the Weather Channel. South Shore NJ is going to get hit real hard when Sandy comes ashore. get out if you haven't already. head west to high ground. On Long Island trees already falling. Be safe everyone and i hope their wrong.

join