It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now drones take to the seas as U.S. Navy launches unmanned combat boats firing missiles for first ti

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Now drones take to the seas ?

According to dailymail , The U.S. Navy has fired missiles from a remote-controlled boat for the very first time in tests which took place on Wednesday just off the Maryland coast.Over three days of testing, six anti-armor Spike missiles were fired from the moving inflatable hulled watercraft at a floating target two miles away.

Both the control of the boat and the firing of the missiles was handled remotely by Navy personnel on shore at the nearby Patuxent River base.
The tests are a 'significant step forward in weaponizing surface unmanned combat capability,' Mark Moses, the Navy’s program manager for the armed drone boat project, told Wired.com.
The U.S. military already uses armed robotic planes - drones - and the navy has already experimented with robotic submarines for spying and mine clearance, this is the first system developed for navy vessels to launch attacks

LINK

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It looks like , we are moving into an era where all the wars will be played with Robots , just like in the science fiction movies . What Next ? Artificial soldiers in the battlefield ?
edit on 28-10-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Even from the air Iran managed to get one of our drones, imagine how easy it'll be to take over an unmanned boat.

2nd

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by doesntmakesense
Even from the air Iran managed to get one of our drones, imagine how easy it'll be to take over an unmanned boat.

2nd

Thats true .. Boats are easy to capture
edit on 28-10-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by doesntmakesense

An unarmed drone is a far, far cry from a fully armed unmanned boat. They wouldn't get within a 1,000 meters of that boat before they were vaporized from existence.
edit on 28-10-2012 by TheLonewolf because: sp

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
These would be handy to use against Iranian speedboats in the Straight of Hormuz.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Speedboats? I thought they were paddle boats with trolling motors attached

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLonewolf

I agree about the armaments, but if they got too close to shore, anyone with a scuba tank could easily swim up to it and climb aboard.

Drones in the sky face the threat of a software breach. Drones on sea face the threat of a software breach and a physical threat at the same time.

Also, imagine the consequences if an enemy managed to take one of these over and started randomly firing, that could be disastrous for us.

My bet is theyll never go through with these in the end. Way too many threats associated with them.
edit on 28-10-2012 by doesntmakesense because: ballsoup

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Funny you say that. I was just sitting here thinking the same thing. I was thinking they would be using hollowed out reeds to breath thru, and rocks in their pockets to weigh them down and not scuba gear. All joking aside, they could possibly pull that off, but I think these ships would have a sophisticated radar system on them to keep that from happening. I never thought about the hacking part of it. Good call. I think your right, there is just too much that could go wrong with these boats. They'll probably be relegated to patrolling the coast lines of the U.S.

Maybe these boats would release a deadly jolt of electricity if anyone tried to swim up to them
edit on 28-10-2012 by TheLonewolf because: added idea

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf

Funny you say that. I was just sitting here thinking the same thing. I was thinking they would be using hollowed out reeds to breath thru, and rocks in their pockets to weigh them down and not scuba gear. All joking aside, they could possibly pull that off, but I think these ships would have a sophisticated radar system on them to keep that from happening. I never thought about the hacking part of it. Good call. I think your right, there is just too much that could go wrong with these boats. They'll probably be relegated to patrolling the coast lines of the U.S.

Maybe these boats would release a deadly jolt of electricity if anyone tried to swim up to them

You seem to relish the thought of these weapons and other weapons being used in an offensive unjustified war against Iran, thus proving my point about the US citizenry being disgusting hypocrites.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rebroadcast

You seem to relish the thought of these weapons and other weapons being used in an offensive unjustified war against Iran, thus proving my point about the US citizenry being disgusting hypocrites.

You have no F'in clue who I am or what my thoughts are on ANY subject. Take your American hating rhetoric and stick were the sun doesn't shine, pal

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by doesntmakesense
reply to post by TheLonewolf

I agree about the armaments, but if they got too close to shore, anyone with a scuba tank could easily swim up to it and climb aboard.

Drones in the sky face the threat of a software breach. Drones on sea face the threat of a software breach and a physical threat at the same time.

Also, imagine the consequences if an enemy managed to take one of these over and started randomly firing, that could be disastrous for us.

My bet is theyll never go through with these in the end. Way too many threats associated with them.
edit on 28-10-2012 by doesntmakesense because: ballsoup

I would imagine the finalised version wouldn't be designed to have space for humans inside the vessel and would be designed to be bloody awkward should a human manage to get on the outer shell of the vessel.

It seems senseless to make any kind of drone with redundant space to house humans unless it was some form of transport drone.. the best avenue (the same for any drone) would be gaining control of the software.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

You have no F'in clue who I am or what my thoughts are on ANY subject. Take your American hating rhetoric and stick were the sun doesn't shine, pal

Diddums, did the truth hurt too much? Hypocrite!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Rebroadcast

How do you know that any war will be unjustifiable?

Are you in the debriefing room?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Your just mad because you live in some third world s**t hole country. Maybe they can test these boats out on you an yours before they go to this imaginary war with Iran. Jealously ALWAYS leads to hate, and you my friend spew hate. Heres one more pearl of wisdom for you, The U.S. government makes the policies, not the citizens. Hate them, not the citizens. The quicker you foreigners figure this out the better

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

Because Iran is no threat? Because the only nation on earth to target its neighbours like the US describes is the US and it's little bitch Israel? Because your country is not in charge of world affairs? Because launching a war like the one the US and Israel want is against the international law?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Your just mad because you live in some third world s**t hole country. Maybe they can test these boats out on you an yours before they go to this imaginary war with Iran. Jealously ALWAYS leads to hate, and you my friend spew hate. Heres one more pearl of wisdom for you, The U.S. government makes the policies, not the citizens. Hate them, not the citizens. The quicker you foreigners figure this out the better

I wouldn't call England a third world # hole, considering everything in our social infrastructure is far greater than yours.

You can talk all the crap you want about the US Government being different to the US citizenry, but the truth is there is no difference.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Excuse me,

Didn't the U.S of A ask Israel not to attack Iran?

I am on a cell phone so I cannot link you any info.

It is quite obvious that you need to educate yourself on the world affairs that you claim to be so keen on.

Another thing, keep it up. I see you are new here. We have a thing called terms and conditions. They are pretty strict about it and I do not see you lasting long. Just thought I would give you a heads up to try to control your temper.

There is a world of knowledge at your finger tips. Don't let it go to waste.
edit on 28-10-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

Because Iran is no threat? Because the only nation on earth to target its neighbours like the US describes is the US and it's little bitch Israel? Because your country is not in charge of world affairs? Because launching a war like the one the US and Israel want is against the international law?

I don't know what rock you've been living under the last 5 or 6 decades, but in case you haven't noticed, the U.S. IS in charge of world affairs. Every single time something goes wrong who does the world come crying to? The Americans. As far as your wet dream of England's infrastructure being superior. You should lay off the bath salts and herbal incense. If it wasn't for us evil Americans all you toothless Brits would be speaking German right now with a swastika on your flag. International Law? Who do you think makes those International Laws? We do, that's who. Until your country rules this planet you have no horse in this race.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

I don't know what rock you've been living under the last 5 or 6 decades, but in case you haven't noticed, the U.S. IS in charge of world affairs. Every single time something goes wrong who does the world come crying to? The Americans. As far as your wet dream of England's infrastructure being superior. You should lay off the bath salts and herbal incense. If it wasn't for us evil Americans all you toothless Brits would be speaking German right now with a swastika on your flag. International Law? Who do you think makes those International Laws? We do, that's who. Until your country rules this planet you have no horse in this race.

That's quite funny because history tends to agree that we stopped any invasion after the Battle of Britain, which as your failed education system hasn't told you, was over a year before you discovered there was a war on, and even your involvement was because the Japanese humiliated your useless, feckless, worthless military in your own country. So no, we would not be speaking German even if you didn't get involved.

Let's face it, our infrastructure is far greater than yours, our healthcare is better, clearly our education system is better, we have better transport, better public services, better everything, christ you "people" can only vote for two political parties, and even then your vote is completely worthless.

You fat bitches couldn't even save your own twin towers, LMFAO

edit on 28-10-2012 by Rebroadcast because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join