It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Campaign Launches Sexy Lena Dunham Ad: "Your First Time" !!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
A new ad for Obama features actress Lena Dunham, the star and creator of the HBO show "Girls,".

It's a doozie and near the end She suggests ?

In the end, maybe Lena Dunham said it best: "You want to do it with a guy who brought the troops out of Iraq -- you don't want a guy who says, 'Oh hey, I'm at the library studying,' when really he's out not signing The Lilly Ledbetter Act."

OOO La La

The Obama Campaign released a sexy, controversial and hip pitch for voting on Thursday from Lena Dunham, the star and creator of the HBO show "Girls," at a time when sex, abortion and women's rights have been front and center on the campaign trail.

The Obama Campaign has aggressively used YouTube to mobilize base voters, and it often taps celebrities who have a built-in viral punch. But this video is unusual even for the young, digital set in Chicago. The ad's style is vintage Lena: Edgy and informed, controversial but achingly self-aware, sexually proud and affirmatively feminist -- if anyone can pull off an extended metaphor of voting for the President by giving him your virginity, it's Lena Dunham.

Conservative bloggers, of course, were already cranking up a reflexively outraged response just hours after the video was released on Thursday. Well, they never claimed to have a sense of humor.

While it's safe to say that Dunham's tone is different from every other ad the Obama campaign has ever made -- she jokes about "doing it with" the President -- it neatly reinforces the President's closing argument about women's rights.

Obama Campaign Launches Sexy Lena Dunham Ad: "Your First Time"

I bet this will cost a few million votes

This afternoon, the Obama campaign released its latest ad from a celebrity. This one was from Lena Dunham, 26-year-old creator of HBO’s raunchy series Girls. It’s an astoundingly tasteless ad comparing voting for the first time to losing your virginity. Really. And Dunham recommends that if you’re going to have sex – er, vote – for the first time, you should really do it with President Barack Obama.

Your first time shouldn’t be with just anybody. You want to do it with a great guy. It should be with a guy with beautiful … somebody who really cares about and understands women.

A guy who cares about whether you get health insurance, and specifically whether you get birth control. The consequences are huge. You want to do it with a guy who brought the troops out of Iraq. You don’t want a guy who says, “Oh hey, I’m at the library studying,” when he’s really out not signing the Lilly Ledbetter Act.

Obama Campaign to Girls: Have Sex with Vote for O

"Lena Dunham: Your First Time"

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Ewwww.... I feel like I need a bath.

Yes, this is what our political process has devolved into. No dignity. No depth. No weight. No gravitas. Just a whole bunch of whores, male and female.

How appropriate.

(And, no, the Republicans are no better!)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Hey remember at the end of the close Bush v. Kerry election how Bush was down by about 2-4 points and he came back by calling Kerry "Kerry-itus" and "the a-hole" , and then him and Cheney had those debates where they laughed in Kerry and Edwards' faces and called everything they said a lie without any substantive defense? OH and then Rove made that brilliant ad laced with double entendre about his 'drone strike?'

Yea I don't either. Obama is going down. It's written all over his campaign.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

edit on 25-10-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

Har, har, dee har.

Hey, at least conservatives have dreary, frigid Ann Coulter and bright, cheery and clueless Sarah Palin to fulfill their adolescent male fantasies.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

[insert sarcastic laugh here] Take all the pages out of Obama's playbook that you want. The fact is, an incumbent poised to be re-elected, even by slim margin...has never looked this much like he's going down in flames.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by incoserv

Yes, this is what our political process has devolved into. No dignity. No depth. No weight. No gravitas. Just a whole bunch of whores, male and female.

How appropriate.

This is NOT what our political process has devolved into. Why try to put everyone under the same blanket? This is what OBAMA'S political campaign IS. First the 6th graders now our virgins???????????? Good grief!!!!! Feakin pathetic and utterly disgusting. This shows ZERO class. Nothing about the economy or jobs. Women should be angry about this ad.....wait, VIRGINS should be angry about this ad. Hold it, EVERYONE should be angry about this ad. It has nothing to do with anything. Jeez Obama, desperate a little?
edit on 25-10-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

In the words of the fabled Alfred E. Neuman:

WHAT ME WORRY?

I think Romney should be worried at all the pissed off middle class people that won't vote for him.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

How is it sexy?????

2nd.....................

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Seriously?

Are you this desperate?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

What does Romney have to worry about? The middle class is on his side. That's why his campaign isn't one childish attempt after another to utterly disqualify Obama. Saying someone wants us to go back to the 1980s...I mean 1950s...I mean 1920s...I mean, SLAVE DAYS.... That's called a hail marry. Winning teams don't throw hail marry's.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by incoserv

How appropriate.

How is the job as the doctor in the asylum anyway doc?

Lol you sound like that guy out of the new season of American Horror Story. He doesn't much like Whores either. He makes them wear nuns outfits and then ...

And while I didn't watch the video, as I have no idea who this person is, it takes someone of a special calibre to outright call someone a Whore to satisfy their own hate.

Dunno, I shouldnae stepped into a US politiks thread... backs out slowly...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
To be fair I think it's clever. Plus, it shows that Obama is actually aware of younger voters. This is one of reasons why Obama did so well with the youth vote last time around. He actually acknowledges their existence and addresses them in terms they understand.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Seriously?

Are you this desperate?

That's a good question for Barry.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Great ad. Thanks for posting!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
To be fair I think it's clever. Plus, it shows that Obama is actually aware of younger voters. This is one of reasons why Obama did so well with the youth vote last time around. He actually acknowledges their existence and addresses them in terms they understand.

Do you seriously think that Obama had ANYTHING to do with that ad? That ad was put together by a bunch of libtards sipping designer water (and doing designer coc aine) in someone's feng shui nightmare of a hollywood office.

The scum that, for the moment, is occupying the Oval Office, has never had an original thought in his life, much less a creative one.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Yes...A Obama supporter saying something juvenile and a bit sexual in nature.

Now, lets see what happens when the rep s decide to employ juvenile and sexual overtones

Yep...thats the differences here.

As far as Lena Dunham/Girls fame. Meh, its a chick series. I did actually watch the series (got bored one saturday and watched em)..not bad. their demographic is the mid 20s not overly political female...which incidently is the exact demographic of the swing voter.

Well placed imo.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Seriously?

Are you this desperate?

Maybe "Julia" might know ....

The Life of Julia

What ever happened to her anyway ?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TTAA2012

Seriously?

Are you this desperate?

That's a good question for Barry.

"Barry" didn't post this thread.

Trying to make a negative big deal out of an innocent young voter.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join