It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airline blame claim in 9/11 case questioned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
So Mr. Silverstein wants more money.. Apparently He's not done screwing things up, Now it's United Airlines turn to get kicked in the balls. I wonder when will the airlines point out a little silly fact that the hijackers should have been stopped before they got anywhere near the airports...

So what you think should he get what he wants?

Airline blame claim in 9/11 case questioned

He is seeking US$8.4 billion (NZ$10.2b) in damages for loss of property and lost business, even though Hellerstein has limited the amount to the US$2.8 billion Silverstein paid for the leases. In August, Hellerstein denied the airlines' motion for judgment on whether US$4b that Silverstein recovered from his insurers more than compensated for the potential damages recovery of US$2.8b against the airlines, saying it was an issue for a jury to decide at trial.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

no way..

he shouldn't get a dime more..

but I think people should look into the security firms at the airports..

but I'm not going to hold my breath..

the 911 commission report was a severe let down IMHO.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
What did the firms do? Everything on those planes, except the pepper spray was legal to carry on per the FAA, and pepper spray was really hard to find on an xray.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

From the article:

"Silverstein's World Trade Centre Properties is seeking additional damages beyond what he has already received from his own insurer. The hearing on Thursday dealt only with claims over the destruction of 7 World Trade Centre, a building just north of the World Trade Centre site that also collapsed in the attacks"

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by crawdad1914

From the article:

"Silverstein's World Trade Centre Properties is seeking additional damages beyond what he has already received from his own insurer. The hearing on Thursday dealt only with claims over the destruction of 7 World Trade Centre, a building just north of the World Trade Centre site that also collapsed in the attacks"

I think he's upset that his insurance company didn't pay for WTC 7eventhough he tried to get a approval before it blew up

(Between 12:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.) September 11, 2001: World Trade Center Leaseholder Discusses Possible Controlled Demolition of WTC 7 with Insurer, Reporter Will Later Claim

Larry Silverstein, who recently took over the lease of the World Trade Center complex (see July 24, 2001), discusses possibly bringing down WTC Building 7 in a controlled demolition in a telephone conversation with his insurance carrier, according to a reporter who is at the WTC site this afternoon.

edit on 25-10-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

what a greedhead douchebag!

he should be kidnapped, made to take out all the 911 insurance scam money he made out like a bandit with,
in the form of rolls of quarters.
and then have all those rolls inserted as rectal suppositories before being thrown off the staten island ferry

just my humble opinion

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

what a greedhead douchebag!

he should be kidnapped, made to take out all the 911 insurance scam money he made out like a bandit with,
in the form of rolls of quarters.
and then have all those rolls inserted as rectal suppositories before being thrown off the staten island ferry

just my humble opinion

LMAO good to know people on this forum share the same sense of humor to me

new topics

top topics

join