It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds to probe possible voter fraud in Florida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Just saw this on the local news.

Feds to probe possible voter fraud in Florida

ORLANDO, Florida (WKMG) - Officials in Florida have issued a warning about a new trick trying to prevent voters from going to the polls.

Voters are getting letters that look like they are from local elections offices, questioning their citizenship. But our sister station WKMG Local 6 in Orlando has learned the letters are fake, and they are going out across Central Florida and other parts of the state.

Officials said the voters who have received the letters thus far are white, registered Republicans who consistently vote in elections.

Apparently inside the letter (which claims to be from local election supervisors) is the person's name, address and a warning that they are not eligible to vote unless they return the form in 15 days. I don't see it mentioned in the article above but the local tv news claimed the letter threatened arrest if they tried to vote. As stated, thus far it seems aimed at Republican voters.

GOP voters target of fraudulent letters

Bogus letters target Florida Republican voters

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
What an act of desperation! Someone is desperate within the Republican party.

What a bunch of losers!

I'm just saying...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Why would they even believe that "Registered Republicans" would fall for a gag like this ?

It must be a joke by "Registered Democrats" or supporters.

What angle are they playing with this ?

Who are the Real targets ?

I bet they try to blame some Republican organization by saying it was a set up to make Democrats look guilty.

The heat is on.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
What an act of desperation! Someone is desperate within the Republican party.

What a bunch of losers!

I'm just saying...

Whoa.... did you read the OP??

Seemingly aimed at politically active Republicans, it's the latest case involving voter fraud to emerge in Florida and it comes less than two weeks before the Nov. 6 election.

"It makes me angry," said Jeff Guerra, a 43-year-old sales representative from New Port Richey who received a letter Tuesday. "I want this to be an honest election. Something like this is obviously a scam, I'm really taken aback."

How is that ?.. Umm.. why would republicans try and run off their own people from voting? (holds back scream from knee jerk partisan replies)

I don't know who it is and the story doesn't appear to either... I could say its the evil Dems... Since Repubs are the target. Or.. More likely on something this stupid... it's a misguided group of people thinking they're being helpful..and basically committing a crime if the voter intimidation charges leveled the other direction just this season would have it.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Florida Military absentee ballots possibly destroyed in plane crash.

Federal officials say that absentee ballots being sent to U.S. military serving in Afghanistan may have been burned in a plane crash.

The crash resulted in the destruction of 4,700 pounds of mail inbound to troops serving in the area.

Absentee ballots may have been destroyed in crash

top topics

join