It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"no on 37" anyone sick of monsanto lies yet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Im in california for the day. They of course have proposition 37 on the ballots here....which would require labeling of gmo foods. All sorts of commercials on tv about how unfair it is. Never any mention of gmo, just "omg soy milk will have to be labeled different"

Guess we dont have the right to know what were eating. I hope califoenians dont buy the propoganda...

Why is it that monsanto and friends have to lie about everything?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

You know why.
Because if they actually came out and be transparent, they'd be out of business.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Im in california for the day. They of course have proposition 37 on the ballots here....which would require labeling of gmo foods. All sorts of commercials on tv about how unfair it is. Never any mention of gmo, just "omg soy milk will have to be labeled different"

Guess we dont have the right to know what were eating. I hope califoenians dont buy the propoganda...

I live in Oakland. I'm definitely sick of their misleading commercials. They have farmers, they have mothers, they have a doctor/professor (whose credentials turn out to be exaggerated and misleading). They're all fretting and fuming about how unfair and "deceptive" it all is that certain foods have to be labeled. (Their commercials very delicately never mention the fact that it's GMO food that has to be labeled.)

Somewhere I heard that the proposition has something like 56% support. Which just shows you how benighted the other 44% truly are. You have to wonder who those 44% have been listening to and why they're so dead-set against GMO labeling. You see whispers and intimations and suggestions that the implementation will be very expensive--which is not true. It turns out it's trivially inexpensive, which you can learn with almost no effort. So I don't know where they get their information--if any....

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac

I've seen many commercials to vote YES for Prop 37. Which i plan to, by the way.

Just need to be here longer than one day. However i don't blame you if you'd rather not.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I really hope this passes in California, so other states may get the idea.
Would love to have it here in MI.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
I really hope this passes in California, so other states may get the idea.
Would love to have it here in MI.

Me too. I only live a couple hours from you.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
im on the fence for 37. I like the food to be labled but it goes against my believes in government intervention. I would like to believe there is a free market solution to this. This would start with a company starting to label there foods and consumers purchasing these goods from the company intern rewarding them for informing consumers. Its easy, here is product A that is grown in a lab, its a little cheaper but you will grow a third arm, and here is product B that is all natural but you might have to pay a little bit more.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

the entire world has been eating GMO foods since the dawn of agriculture

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
im on the fence for 37. I like the food to be labled but it goes against my believes in government intervention. I would like to believe there is a free market solution to this. This would start with a company starting to label there foods and consumers purchasing these goods from the company intern rewarding them for informing consumers. Its easy, here is product A that is grown in a lab, its a little cheaper but you will grow a third arm, and here is product B that is all natural but you might have to pay a little bit more.

I understand where you are coming from. I am a die hard Ron Paul supporter and hate for the government to be involved in just about everything. However, at the same time I have food allergies (actually gluten intolerance, but people understand allergies better). I need food labels to tell me if something contains wheat.You would be surprised at how often something appears to be seemingly harmless and wheat free actually contains wheat. Some corn tortillas contain wheat, some don't. I have run across fruit juices and yogurts that contain wheat.

When choosing what foods to eat I need to be able to make an informed decision. When choosing foods, I have to ask myself the question, "is this going to harm me?" and since we don't no what the effects of GMO's are
the same question comes up. Therefore I would like to make an informed choice regarding my consumption of GMO's. To often I have mistakenly believed a product was GMO free only find out I was wrong.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Your thread
. There's only one flaw in proposition 37. It's called electronic balloting.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

True but they haven't been gene splicing since then.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Let me ask you this.

If Prop 37 was instead of being GMO labelling, pharmaceutical labelling, would you agree that it's important for consumers to know what medications they are taking?

If the answer is yes, than there's no fence sitting. You should agree that consumers should have a right to know what is in their food. Therefore it should be the responsibility of the company to provide that information.

If your product is actually heatlhy and good, then why be against the labelling? It doesn't make any sense, unless you have something to hide.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Is everybody aware that part of the genetic process is to inject a bio-virus into the dna of a vegetable. Eating bio hazard over and over.

Yeah we have a right to know exactly what we are eating.
the future of food this link is a trailer for a documentary of just this issue. I dont think its a video on youtube but if it can be found it tells the truth about GMO food, who is behind it, and why.

I walked away from watching it thinking they didnt exactly know the monster they created and painted them selves into a corner with it.

The other side is The USA is doing it, Latin America didnt want anything to do with it, yet their corn has been infected.

You know, I can eat Anthrax on my Corn Flakes too, but, what about the Corn Flakes?

Will Prop 37 change anything? Can you afford to eat as it is, let alone Organic?

Walmart, very implicated as the Food merchant of the world...Sinister plot? Maybe. It comes down to greed....who's mark is on everything in your Food pantry? look for the circle U...who has the corner on Cash Money in the whole wide world? all Hebrew names, NO?
Now there is a conspiracy!
edit on 23-10-2012 by racer451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

the entire world has been eating GMO foods since the dawn of agriculture

not in the way you think...check out some of the truth pertaining to the issue. I think you may change your mind on the issue, just sayin!

top topics

join