It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt wants Iran to share The Bomb

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Oh WOW I never knew only 800 people lived in Egypt...since they speak for the entire country there must only be 800 of them!

Polls mean nothing, so what there are most likely 500+ people that know... if you have the bomb you are protected because of fear of retaliation.

That's why Russia and the USA never went to war because they KNOW it would be the end of both countries. There not suicidal just a little crazy.
edit on 22-10-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I am not going to argue either pro or anti nuclear bombs in japan. All I know is that the american and european governments like to order wars too easy and don't have the intestinal fortitude to carry through. We start wars we cannot finish.

America, and Britain did not start ww2 Pearl Harbor ring a bell? and Germany ring a bell?

Germany and Japan only started one war. How many have france, britain, spain, usa and russia?

Well, if you count WW2, Germany and Japan started wars with

Poland, France, Britain, USSR, Finland, Norway, Czechoslovakia, Greece, Belgium, Netherlands, Yugoslavia, China, Phillipines, Korea, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and USA.

It may be just "one" war but it sure counts as whole bunch.

In the 20th century Japan previously made war on China and Russia, and Germany previously made war on France and UK in addition.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The difference is IF you are not directed to kill in his name, then YOU SHOULD NOT KILL. Duh!

Since he's not been around for quite some time, then any killing in his name, or wishing to defend oneself from invisible threats in his name is basically using some (any) excuse to vindicate one's desire to kill.

Interpretation is insulting in itself since it goes on the premise that YOU, FlyersFan, know better than the supposed God who gave Moses the commandments, quite plainly.. you don't.. You're just a plebeian like the rest of us, you do however seem to have an issue accepting that fact.

It's also been proven historical that man's belief in his own interpretation of God's rules (and entire belief system) have been reason for so much conflict.

Again YOU, FlyersFan, know better don't you?

Cut the patronising attitude and the holier than thou bleating, you make me want to regurgitate every time I stumble across your postings. (An example is you outright stating the Japanese civilian population deserved to have an atomic bomb dropped on them, you're like some demonic hell spawn of a person!)

T

edit on 23-10-2012 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
The Arab world has been staring down the barrel of a US gun for decades and yet you are somehow surprised that they want nukes?

Perhaps if the US were to cease killing their kids with such alarming regularity, they'd feel a bit less inclined to arm themselves to the teeth?

If people kept bombing my family and friends on a daily basis, I'd probably want nukes too!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Under no circumstance should fundamentalist theocracies have access to WMDs. Religion cannot be trusted with such immense power.

History says so.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
87% of Egyptians, according to the poll, think that Egypt should have its own nuclear bomb. 39% of Egyptians expressed an interest in learning more about Israel, especially its political system.

I think for a lot of people in underdeveloped countries having your own nuclear weapon is like having your own Ferrari, for people living below the poverty line. Everyone would like to have one, but the upkeep . . . that's a different story.

thecable.foreignpolicy.com... utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foreignpolicy%2Fthecable+%28The+Cable%29

Sixty-two percent of those polled agreed that "Iran and its president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, are friends of Egypt," though 68 percent held unfavorable views of Shiite Muslims.

The average Egyptian is likely to be as scrambled in his opinions as the average American. I wouldn't take this poll too seriously. I think the rest of the article bears this out.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Don't worry, when Romney becomes President he will have Iran's President indicted in the World Court.

“I’d make sure that Ahmadinejad is indicted under the Genocide Convention. His words amount to genocide incitation”

Source

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I've seen many posts on this thread equating more countries with nuclear weapons to increased safety.

I would extrapolate that these same folks are all for arming every citizen then, so that no-one gets hurt.

Am I right?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Reply to post by beezzer

I understand your concern, Beezer.

It's a different world today when it comes to certain policies. When you have a radical mindset at the nuclear table, mutually assured destruction does not balance out the threat of using such weaponry.

For this reason alone, I think the real threat to worry about is not new governments receiving or discovering fission or hydrogen bombs, but rogue, or terrorist elements developing some sort of dirty or small atomic weapon.
Radicals lack the fear of normal individuals and the rules go out the window. That is scary stuff.
I myself don't worry about Iran or Egypt or North Korea using an atomic weapon. I don't think these governments are nearly as unstable mentally as we are lead to believe. They're enjoying being alive too.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Reply to post by beezzer

I understand your concern, Beezer.

It's a different world today when it comes to certain policies. When you have a radical mindset at the nuclear table, mutually assured destruction does not balance out the threat of using such weaponry.

For this reason alone, I think the real threat to worry about is not new governments receiving or discovering fission or hydrogen bombs, but rogue, or terrorist elements developing some sort of dirty or small atomic weapon.
Radicals lack the fear of normal individuals and the rules go out the window. That is scary stuff.
I myself don't worry about Iran or Egypt or North Korea using an atomic weapon. I don't think these governments are nearly as unstable mentally as we are lead to believe. They're enjoying being alive too.

Yet these radical elements feed off of rogue nations.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The genie is out of the bottle.....Nuclear proliferation and the eventual use of nuclear weapons is an inevitability.

Our best hope is that it wil be reasonably contained.....Doubt it though.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Reply to post by beezzer

There's a reason why those elements are on the fringe though. They are nowhere near government for the sole fact that they do not make rational decisions. No current government within the world is going to launch a nuclear weapon. The outcome is too devastating and there are way too many things to consider. It's not as if Iran is a month away from launching one over the pole toward NY or anything. That's ridiculous to say the least.

Iran feels left out because Israel has one and they don't like Israel existing. That doesn't mean they want all Jews dead. They want the nation of Palenstine to exist.

There's a lot of moeny for the military contractors to make here. I for one will not frightened into believing the Ayatollah has a bomb ready to destroy the infidels. There is always a guy getting rich behind the propaganda and he is there right now telling you that Iran wants to blow up the world. That guy also has Mitt Romney on speed dial.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by squarehead666
The genie is out of the bottle.....Nuclear proliferation and the eventual use of nuclear weapons is an inevitability.

Our best hope is that it wil be reasonably contained.....Doubt it though.

This is what keeps me up at night.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

It doesn't matter a whit what happens to Ahmadinejad.

What matters is what the real power in Iran (the mullahs) wants to do. Ahmadinejad is just a puppet.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Speaking with a wee bit of insight into the military, Romne or Obama, ain't a bit of difference as far as contractors, lobbyists, graft goes.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
It doesn't matter a whit what happens to Ahmadinejad.

What matters is what the real power in Iran (the mullahs) wants to do. Ahmadinejad is just a puppet.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

If the Muslims ever get their way and a bomb then they will destroy Israel, but they won't be done there. After that they will get together and head for the next closest infidel stronghold. Europe perhaps.

ROFL!

You actually believe that after a theoretical Nuke strike on Israel, they would then have the luxury of nuking Europe too? Really?

Sorry, that is the funniest thing I've read on ATS for a while. It's Iraq's WMD all over again. IF! And this is a massive IF, of epic proportions, IF Iran say, managed to actually pop a nuclear weapon at Israel, which they wouldn't and can't but IF, Do you really think they will survive long enough to send some to Europe?

You seem to be under the impression that we Europeans can't defend ourselves. I can only take a potshot that you are American as I can't be bothered to delete all this text I just wrote to find out. We are a very formidable group of nations here in the EU.

We have nukes and everything!

Seriously though, Europe is not going to be nuked by any middle eastern country. It's simply not possible, unless Israel suddenly decides to nuke us but that's a different story.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Not sure what you're implying with that meme... but whatever.

Ahmadinejad said he wanted to inspect the Iranian jails, the judiciary says say no and Ahmadinejad won't be inspecting jails.

On Sunday, Iran's prosecutor general, Gholam-Hossein Mohseni-Ejei, embarrassed Ahmadinejad in public by saying that he could not go to Evin.

www.guardian.co.uk...

What does that tell you?

How about this:

The refusal to allow his visit is another sign of tensions that have marked relations between the presidency and the judiciary, which is controlled by hardliners close to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, noted AFP.
www.israelnationalnews.com...

He's irrelevant

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I agree...

He's just a figure head or mouthpiece. I was taking a jab at those who pretend to not be aware of where the real power in Iran lies.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Ah... OK

It's true, though. Obama can go talk nuclear ambition with him for months and get lots of marvelous agreements signed and sealed with a secret decoder ring, but in the end, it's going to be the mullahs that decide which way Iran's going to go.

In Iran, the president is the face for the world, but in the country itself, it's the Supreme Leader that calls the shots.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join