It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposed - Sept. 2012 Pre Election Unemployment Drop Scandal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Perhaps it was just a simple accidental omission by a Democratic Obama supporter. But, he accidentally forgot to turn in the quarterly unemployment for the entire state of California on time. Whoopsie! A HUGE state which, by the way had 10.6% unemployment that month. And let me remind you that it was falsely assured to us that every state was included in those 7.8% figures! I heard this on Rush Limbaugh the other day and I am surprised there is no mention of it here.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics say the California jobs numbers arrived too late to be included. According to the LA Times the jobless rate in California on September 21, 2012 was 10.6%.

Limbaugh Just Reported 7.8% Jobs Report Did Not Include California Jobs Numbers

WASHINGTON -- The chairman of the Oversight and Government Reform Committee in the U.S. House of Representatives is considering an investigation into the U.S. Labor Department's estimation of the national unemployment rate, The Huffington Post has confirmed.

Darrell Issa Looking Into September Jobs Report [UPDATE]

The jobless numbers are out and the media is reporting that it’s great news. The number of initial unemployment claims fell by a massive 30,0000 from last week’s upwardly revised number. But there is a catch, “one large state” did not report its numbers to the Labor Department

Initial Jobless Claims Drop When ‘One Large State’ Does Not Report Numbers

Only 49 of 50 states reported initial unemployment claims last week according to Labor Department economists. This has led to a predictable, yet wholly pathetic attempt by the media to say that unemployment claims have fallen to a new, four-year low even as it is suspected that the most populous state, California, didn’t report results.

Cooked Up Jobs Numbers Omit California

edit on 20-10-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

SERIOUSLY?????_javascript:icon('
')
Believing the crap that Rush "Limmerick-burg-bah" has to say is as ridiculous as screaming at a deaf person. He is notorious for throwing out loads of FALSE information for ratings. That man goes beyond overboard! He constantly berates all minorities and slanders ANYONE who has a different opinion than his. He is just another mega rich jerk that only cares about himself and his ratings.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by funnychick

If you read my articles, you will see that Limbaugh is not the only one who states this. In fact the
The Bureau of Labor Statistics states that the CA numbers came in too late.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by funnychick
reply to post by elouina

')
Believing the crap that Rush "Limmerick-burg-bah" has to say is as ridiculous as screaming at a deaf person. He is notorious for throwing out loads of FALSE information for ratings. That man goes beyond overboard! He constantly berates all minorities and slanders ANYONE who has a different opinion than his. He is just another mega rich jerk that only cares about himself and his ratings.

Wow... how can you write, if you can't read?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
This is just another drop in the bucket for this corrupt administration.
It makes no difference to the awe struck yuppies that like him or the willfully uneducated who overlook any wrong this admin. does. They do not care if gas is $4 per gallon, food prices are going through the roof and energy prices are "necessarily skyrocketing". They are blissfully ignorant and could care less what this president does as long as he says dumbthing that makes them feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quad

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I asked to have this moved to conspiracy theories until I could find a better source. All along I could not figure out why no one else posted this. I learned about this like 2 days ago. Usually I will wait for others to post things. But since no one else did, I decided to post it tonight.

But still, I felt I needed a more credible source for this. And it was very difficult to find. Well, I just found it, and it was not what I was looking for. I have my integrity and I will always tell the truth even if it means bowing my head down in shame. I truely believed this. Oh well...

The confusion appears to stem from the misinterpretation of an item published last week by Henry Blodget, the CEO and editor of Business Insider, a business and tech news website. He wrote a series of posts on Thursday about a surprisingly good report from BLS that initial jobless claims had dropped to 339,000 from 369,000 a week before. Early reporting indicated that the drop was mostly due to unexpectedly low numbers from a single, large state.

Later in the day, Mr. Blodget reported on an interview he had with an unnamed BLS analyst who said it appeared that California was the culprit and that it might not have processed all of its claims in time for the reporting deadline

Both the California labor department and BLS later said that wasn't true and that the state had reported all of its data, though California's numbers for the week were particularly good. (State officials credited a strengthening economy and unusually good weather, which may have delayed normal seasonal effects on employment patterns.)

The California conspiracy: The convoluted path to unemployment rate disbelief

edit on 21-10-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
This is just more desperate nonsense from "GOP" supporters. I just don't understand if it is convenient & intentional spinning of facts or honest lack of reading comprehension coupled with the fact these same people find it easier to have Fox radio, er Clearchannel aka Bain do their "critical" thinking for them.

This is a bit late on the "the unemployment figures were cooked" bandwagon. Pretty lame.
All the latest economic indicators show the country has, and continues to move in the right direction towards healthy recovery. Real facts, not partisan "studies" or fact gas from Limbaugh's ass.

The country Is most definitely better now than 4 years ago, anyone who does not remember the economic paralysis from a nuked Wall Street, collapsed real estate market, banks floundering and unable to give loans or extend credit, an unfunded, additional illegal war we were in and GM on the verge of collapse is just lying to themselves or suffers from convenient Romnesia.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by funnychick
reply to post by elouina

')

Have you ever heard of the term "Throwing out the baby with the bath water"?

Worry less about the messenger, and more about the message. Then such trivialities as "source" don't matter. Only truth does.

top topics

join