It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix Trilogy is about the union movement

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Yes, I agree. There is always a further level of control. It's like an onion, the more layers you peel off, the more your eyes sting. Of course eventually, you will run out of layers but then there is no onion left so you're screwed.

ETA: I've just thought, your thread could be titled 'The Matrix Trilogy is about the onion movement'

edit on 21-10-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by colin42
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Well here is another part of my using the Matrix to explain the unions.

Something I never see discussed when the Matrix comes up. In Matrix 2 Neo is able to disable the sentinels when unplugged. He can see Agent Smith and guide Trinity when blind. Neo is a man that in the Matrix can change the rules of that reality. He is not a super being.

This to me can only represent one thing. The machines, Zion are in a Matrix. There is a further level of control. We all instinctively know this but none of us have the ability to truly know what it is.

That is why the fight will never end between us and the machine but we should not just shrug our shoulders and give up the fight choosing to sit in front of the box watching soaps and sport.

I think it represents because the matrix is not real,, its a construct,,, and neo goes into the matrix knowing this,, he can bend the rules ( there is no spoon)... its his mind,, programming and information,,, so he is basically a hack in the matrix as an intelligence,,,,,

if your asking why could he do this stuff in zion? maybe the matrix made him stronger, using his mind and learning those things in the matrix "evolved" him?.....
you may have heard this and you may not like this,, but i heard a theory maybe even the zion realm is still in a matrix
,, which would make why neo has powers there make sense maybe kinda sort probably definitely almost interestingly hmmmmm

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

I haven't seen the Trilogy for years but I do seem to remember thinking that there was a matrix within the Matrix. I'm sure at some point it said that the machines created Zion so that the ones that did wake up thought they were out of the Matrix when in fact they were still in it.

I really can't remember but that's what I thought at the time.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

you may have heard this and you may not like this,, but i heard a theory maybe even the zion realm is still in a matrix ,, which would make why neo has powers there make sense maybe kinda sort probably definitely almost interestingly hmmmmm
It's my turn to not quite get what you are saying as my post says exactly that. Neo is not a super being. He can change the rules only when in the Matrix.

This to me means that when he demonstrated powers when he was supposedly unplugged it can only mean he is still in a Matrix.

That means the machines, Zion and Neo are not unplugged and living in reality, and they are in fact just living in a deeper level of the Matrix.

We cannot fight an enemy that is just on the periphery of our sight and that is why the fight between us and the machine will never end

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin42

you may have heard this and you may not like this,, but i heard a theory maybe even the zion realm is still in a matrix ,, which would make why neo has powers there make sense maybe kinda sort probably definitely almost interestingly hmmmmm
It's my turn to not quite get what you are saying as my post says exactly that. Neo is not a super being. He can change the rules only when in the Matrix.

This to me means that when he demonstrated powers when he was supposedly unplugged it can only mean he is still in a Matrix.

That means the machines, Zion and Neo are not unplugged and living in reality, and they are in fact just living in a deeper level of the Matrix.

We cannot fight an enemy that is just on the periphery of our sight and that is why the fight between us and the machine will never end

yes that is pretty much the theory i heard,.,..,.,

the matrix is set in a not non fiction reality first of all,..,,. so if those machines can exist and do what they can do,,,, and if a human can send a spike into their neck and mentally be downloaded into a computer program,,, and the humans have metal hookup robotic qualities about them,,, maaaayyybbbeeee he can unlock codes and cheats informationally through his mind,,, and utilize the "real world".,.,., that is thinking if zion and the robot realm is actual reality..,.,,.., which they may be saying even a real and natural reality,, may still be tamperingable,.,.,

the theory i heard is that,,, humans destroyed their planet,,,, the machines are aliens,,,,,, landed on earth and rounded up all humans and created that system to save the humans from themselves!! they take care of them,, putting them in a perfect dream like reality ( real platos allegory of the cave scenario ) so as they cannot do any real damage to themselves in "reality" .,,.,.,.,. this theory goes on to say,,, that they made a gritty reality world like zion,,, because humans needed "hope".... or there was constantly humans who rebelled against the perfect matrix they established,, and the robots could not understand or imagine why.,,. and it was because they had nothing to fight against or fight for,,, they ignored their primal urges of comroderey and ,, i guess a purer form of freedom.. i would look for a write up of this theory for it can be explained better then this,.,

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
My take on the first Matrix film has it attain the position of the New Testament for the technological age. It is the story of the saviour, coming into his power, and only really freeing himself after going through a ballistic crucifixion at the hands of Smith and his Desert Eagle, a character that represents the cold, rigid, unspiritual status quo, both Pilate and the other players in the death of the saviour.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join