It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting video from NUFORC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA, WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2012, @ 22:00 HRS. (LOCAL) - A young woman, while talking on her cell phone, witnessed two orange lights hovering in the night sky. She grabbed her camcorder and recorded the event. See the video here Full Report

Using VLC and carefully adjusting the brightness and gamma will show some reference lights on the left and the motion of the two objects in relation to the reference lights.

I uploaded a couple VLC snaps so you can adjust your playback accordingly.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gguyx

Where's the video / link?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Uhh... at the NUFORC site maybe?

www.nuforc.org...

Sheesh..

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by gguyx

www.nuforc.org...

Sheesh..

My bad.

It's just that most people include the source info. with the op. It's a brand new concept I guess you didn't get the memo.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gguyx

www.nuforc.org...

Sheesh..

Sheesh?

You might've as well said hey look, here's two white dots.

DISCUSS.

Just like almost every other ufo video, nothing truly discernible. Could be almost anything.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The object definitely show odd motions are related to the reference lights on the left. I slow-moed the first half to see these motions better. In the second half, she zoomed in on the objects and reference lights sweep out of the frame.

Also, it looks like she was using a tripod in that the first half is pretty stable. The two snaps I took are a couple seconds apart and if you overlap them, object motion is apparent.

I went to read the full report but it isn't posted yet, I guess.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Here's her report:

www.nuforc.org...

The link on the home page is broken. This one works.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Having seen an anomalous, pulsating, orange ball of light up close and personal enough to know it weren't no Chinese lantern, these reports fascinate me when they seem to have details that rule them out.

I notice the witness describes her sighting in words that sound as if they were taken out of my own mouth when she compares the size of the objects to the moon when it's at its highest.

This report will probably get trashed here, but I appreciate it.

edit on 19-10-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
*snore*

Please see signature....

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Can't really blame people for yet another 'lights' in the sky' type picture.

But I thought it was noteworthy because of the motions of the objects in reference to the stationary lights and the steadiness of the video (first half at least). Like you, I have also seen an orange object, though it had about a 30 second cycle of brightening and dimming. It was stationary on a line from me to between Oakland and Livermore for about 28 minutes, doing this brightening/dimming cycle (I timed it). I also looked at it with my 20x80 binocs and took several photos with my lumix on night setting at the max optical zoom of 12x, on a tripod through an open window. At around 27 minutes, it began to move slowly behind a hill in my foreground.

Here's a close-up cropped image from that evening.

This was about 15 to 20 miles away, on an elevation which would put it approximately 1200 ft over Oakland and about 2000 ft above Livermore, and in the vicinity of two major airports. No blinking lights.

edit on 20-10-2012 by gguyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Here's a little selective color replacement to possibly get a little better idea of the shape of the things. They appear to be two separate lights, with no structure in-between them. They seem to be pretty round.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

probably plasma orbs as usual.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Tale lights of a VW beetle?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Is that from the video or the snapshots I took from VLC?

new topics

top topics

join