It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is that in my mayonnaise?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This is the best thread all week.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by chericher

My house guest's are ranging in age from 13 to their 40's. And there's 4 of them. They should know better. I wish I could go to their house right now and check out there mayonnaise jar. I bet it's a smorgasboard of condiments!

I could go with the squeeze bottle on a temporary basis? But I really don't want to have to clean the damn kitchen ceiling this week. Could use the single serve packs, probally find them all over the house in the following days & weeks.

I know it's a petty pet peeve. But man, there's nothing more gross than a slight taste of pickle relish on your sandwich when you can;t stomach pickle relish. Or pre-salted & peppered mayonnaise. Just found this a few minutes ago. Some one opened the cake iceing and got them a finger full and put it back in the cupboard..

I may not make it to Sunday..

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

I second that!!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Where did you find these people, and why did you let them move in with you?

Were I in charge of serving their dinner, I'd serve it in a trough and make them sleep off the shame in the garage.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

Wife's relatives. And their just staying till Sunday. I would say where there from, but I know some good folks here on ATS might be from the same state, and I don't want any body getting their feelings hurt. I just wonder if they do this at their own home.

I will never agree to this one again. Just let me make it till Sunday.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
reply to post by rival

I like that!
....I'm the same way...who eats miracle whip? It tastes so weird...I like best foods/hellmans mayo..we call it hellmans but i think on the west coast they call it best foods...

Oh yes, Hellman's is the bomb! And Best Maid pickles! My two favorite brands of condom mints....
did I spell that right? Anyway....

I believe people who eat salad dressing (on a sandwich) are subversive, mean, evil-doers who
plot their nefarious plans to take over the world while noshing on cucumber and watercress
sandwiches made with Miracle Whip. I'm pretty sure Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld,
the entire board of directors at Monsanto, and Genghis Khan all eat Miracle Whip.

As for Best Maid pickles, any other company that makes pickles is just ruining perfectly good
cucumbers

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
it's a hard life. i'm glad i don't have problem's like this.
in the future i hope you can stuff your face without such inconvenience.
a golden future.
god bless fat american's.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

HELLMAN'S! NO Mirical Whip for me thanks

I guess a long time ago that might have bothered me too, but not anymore. If i got pissed about crumbs in the butter and stuff like that, I'd alllllways be mad

I have 2 teenage boys a 3 year old, and a carpenter/mechanic for a husband. Messiness is my life

House guests ARE hard to deal with though. I think the thing that bothers me most about how other people run their kitchens are...People who themselves, or don't teach their kids to, set limits for themselves. Like, say they are hungry...Instead of making a sandwich and having a few chips with it, they plop themselves down on the couch and eat 3/4 of a bag of chips. OR They give their 3 year old a pack of fruit snacks or a juice. As soon as the kid finishes either one they say "I want another one!" And they get it. I watched a friend of mine let her kid eat like 5 packs of fruit snacks in one sitting!! When her house caught on fired i let them stay over, and she also let her 4 year old son eat Resse cups for breakfast!!!

ON a totaly off topic side note: I know this because once my son snuck off with a box of fruit snacks and ate like 5 packs... Too Many Fruit Snacks Will Give You Rainbow Poop

edit on 19-10-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

I'm pretty sure Soviet Russia was made to eat Miracle Whip , just to make them hate Americans. We must feed it to the Terrorist's as well.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

I am in no way a fat American, American yes, fat, far from it. 50 yrs old 176lbs, No high blood pressure. No Cholesterol problems. No health problems at all. Only problem I'm currently dealing with is foreign substances in my condiments......And some folks who really need to go home, Sunday seems so far away.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I hate it when anyone messes with my condiments.

Or don't put stuff back where they found it.
Or drink from the milk carton.
Or don't tighten caps properly.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I don't like when people don't roll down the bag of cereal, OR they do, and then they don't close the box properly.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
There is seriously something wrong with most of you in this thread.

Step 1. Buy Miracle Whip.

Step 2. Open it and let it sit in the sun for a week and get all funky.

Step 3. Instant mayo.

Mayo is the worst thing they ever put on a sandwich and I've tried pimento cheese.

Miracle Whip For The Win!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

edit on 19-10-2012 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 03Smoker

Mayonnaise sounds like it's something to eat. Miracle Whip sounds like it's something a Texas Televangelist may have in his arsenal.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

The part that gets me is. I can remember my mom saying all these things to me. When I was 7. Some folks missed that 7 lesson on cereal tops, milk cartons, etc etc. And those who missed that lesson.....Are in my spare bedrooms as I write this.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
ewwww I hate crusty butter that someone leaves toasts crumbs in. Drives me maniacal.....That and close the darn bread bag after you get a slice! Geez just dooooo ittttt!!!!!!.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Take an empty mayo jar, clean it out, put tapioca pudding in it, leave it out, then eat with a big spoon.

Your guests will be gone in an hour.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I hate it when people use their forks which they eat with to get pickles out of the jar

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

1. The three building blocks of mayonnaise are (1) raw egg yolks (!) (2) vegetable oil (3) vinegar Seasoning, mustard, and lemon juice may be added for flavor.

2. The source of the word “mayonnaise” is unknown, but one guess is that it is derived from moyeu, Old French for egg yolk.

3 Mayonnaise is made by slowly adding oil to an egg yolk, while whisking vigorously to disperse the oil. The resulting emulsion is what we spread on sandwiches and burgers.

4. Mayonnaise is mostly fat. a serving of one tablespoon (13 grams) contains 90 calories! No wonder “Hold the mayo” has become such a popular expression by weight watchers at fast food joints.

5. homemade mayonnaise will spoil after 3-4 days.

6.Contrary to popular belief , industrial mayo does not spoil if not refrigerated. Commercial mayonnaise is filled with acid and preservatives that can actually extend the life of salads by killing bacteria. The eggs used in prepared mayonnaise are pasteurized as well.

7. Hellmann’s (known as Best Foods west of the Rockies) is the leading US mayonnaise brand. It became part of multinational food conglomerate Unilever a few years ago. According to Unilever, it has over 50% market share.

8. Tartar sauce is mayonnaise spiced with pickled cucumbers and onion.

9. Thousand Island dressing is ketchup, pickle relish, assorted herbs and spices mixed into a mayonnaise base.

10. Ranch dressing is made of buttermilk, mayonnaise, and minced green onion.

11. In the Netherlands, mayonnaise, not ketchup, is the condiment of choice for french fries.

blog.fooducate.com...

I love mayo, just thought you guys should known some facts about it.

vvv
edit on 20-10-2012 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2012 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join