It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and Romney at the Alfred E. Smith Memorial Dinner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Each Presidential Election brings this special night.

Both candidates "let it all hang out".

It's always funny and satirical sometimes.

Watch the "Real" debate.......

On Thursday night, Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney delivered a lighthearted address to the guests at the Alfred Smith Dinner in New York City. During his address, Romney roasted both himself and President Barack Obama with some hard-hitting humor and biting criticisms. ...

Romney Roasts President Obama, Himself At The Al Smith Dinner

"Mitt Romney Roasts Obama, Media at Annual Al Smith Dinner 'So Little Time,So Much to Redistribute' "

Following the conclusion of GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney’s address to the Alfred Smith Dinner in New York City on Thursday night, President Barack Obama took to the stage to deliver his light-hearted jabs at himself and at his opponent. The president joked about the election, he took jovial swipes at his opponent and even poked fun at MSNBC host Chris Matthews....

Obama Roasts Himself, Jabs At Romney And Even Elbows Chris Matthews During Al Smith Dinner

"President Obama Roasts Romney "

Maybe this is how debates should REALLY be

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
S&F'ed!!!

Thank you for posting this. I enjoyed both speeches tremendously. They were certainly more civil than ATS tonight.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Just watched this online, over here in Ireland and they did make me smile
.................................... and laugh out loud actually..............................

in dis-belief that that the only ''two'' candidates (?????) are asked to perform like monkies for the baying audience and religious carnival that it was..................

Tradition has a place but IMHO, all i saw were two puppets, oopps sorry, presidential candidates trying to take cheap shots at each other for the enjoyment of the TV masses......

Don't you guys over the pond get it...............!! you live in the land of the free - (yeah right bud...!) but have the most controlled and limited election ever...................... you may as well be in one of the middle eastern states, Egypt, Iran or whatever...................... in actual fact they might have more choice over there than you do in the Religiously fanatical United States......

I'm watching this election in the USA not because it's exciting or entertaininng (?) but because it is SO controlled and contrived...................

My final point is this............................. If Romney wins, you guys may as well go back to the dark ages because you will have voted in to power the same attitude that caused the 'greed mentality' that has done the world no favours....................

Time to change America................. although it seems you haven't the choice (or the collective will) to do so....

PDUK

join