It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consciousness is a Microcosim of the Wave Function

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I think it's obvious that Quantum Mechanics plays a role in Consciousness. I think it's resisted by some because some people have based their whole life on materialism. So, Consciousness has to be an emergent property of the material brain even though that scenario makes no sense.

I think the Wave Function is what some call the Collective Unconscious of the universe. It's a real entity and this would make us walking double slit experiments so to speak.

The whole Universe can be traced back to a probable state of the wave function.

Say, I decide to walk across the street and buy a bag of Ruffles from the corner store. I can trace everything back to pure potential.

Going to the store exists as a probable state until I walk across the street.
The bag of Ruffles existed as a probable state until the chips were put into a package.
Before these chips can be put into a bag they existed as a probable state until potato chips were invented.

This can go all the way back to the universe itself. It was just a probable state until it was measured.

This is Consciousness. We observe and measure probable states.

So Consciousness is a microcosm of the Wave Function of the Universe. It's potential within potential. We observe and measure potentials locally on earth but at the same time the universe itself is a probable state.

The foundation of everything is pure potential and this is the essence of Consciousness.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Interesting thread

(btw its microcosm, not microcosim)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
You may be interested in Orchestrated Objective Reduction, this is hard science trying to crack just what makes consciousness and it very well may be collapsing quantum states over the whole brains structure. Coupled with the fact that we emit our owm EM fields and do share information from person to person even over sealed rooms and blind folds consciousness and the mind may be far stranger than any fiction.

Orchestrated Objective Reduction

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
I think it's obvious that Quantum Mechanics plays a role in Consciousness. I think it's resisted by some because some people have based their whole life on materialism. So, Consciousness has to be an emergent property of the material brain even though that scenario makes no sense.

Oh, my materialism makes me deny consciousness—not the fact that no one has ever grasped or measured any thing called consciousness. The fact that the word 'consciousness' is a noun must make it real and obvious. What do you regain when you 'regain consciousness?' Are you sure it isn't the use of your senses and cognition?

I think the Wave Function is what some call the Collective Unconscious of the universe. It's a real entity and this would make us walking double slit experiments so to speak.

Wait, it's a real entity? Please show me this entity. I've been looking for it for quite some time.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Very interesting OP, however this was just posted like 4 hours ago, your explanation was much better than his though, as his was based solely off a youtube video.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Actually, we're in a thoughtscape, we ARE INFINITE CONSCIOUSNESS, and we're kind of macro to everything, being much larger than the universe itself which is an artificial landscape, akin to a computer program.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
Wait, it's a real entity? Please show me this entity. I've been looking for it for quite some time.

You are looking elsewhere. When there is no elsewhere.
You ignore 'this' and look at imaginary 'things'.
Presence is all.

edit on 18-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Wave Function of the Universe

what variables define the wave function? Can the function be defined mathematically?

top topics

join