It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who wash's up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Just interested in the number of people who still wash up by hand compared to the number of people who have a dishwasher.

If your partner cooks, do you wash up or load the dishwasher everyday?

Does your partner/housemate do both? Or do you have a teamwork game-plan?

Do you even wash up or do you use disposable plates and cutlery.

Thanks in advance. This is a riveting subject for me.

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

edit on 16-10-2012 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
My house isn't really close to the ocean, so things rarely wash up in my house.

Who washes up in yours ? Pearl divers ? Pamela Anderson ?

EDIT: Ah you edited your post. Now I see. You mean who does the DISHES.

I have a golden rule: Dishes are made right away, there's no stockpiling dishes. Mostly, if my girlfriend does prepare the food, I do the dishes and vice versa, but there are exceptions to that rule. We tried a set of rules like "My turn your turn" but that didn't work out. Since we do it directly it works nicely.
edit on 16-10-2012 by H1ght3chHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
My house isn't really close to the ocean, so things rarely wash up in my house.

Who washes up in yours ? Pearl divers ? Pamela Anderson ?

Gina Rinehart sexily washes up on my front lawn.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
oh,the dreaded 'who's doing the dishes' conspiracy!

i also hate it when dishwashers wash up on shore at my house.
i fear they are radio active debris from japan!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
My girlfriend is chained in the kitchen. Of course, until bed time that is.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Then you chain her up in the rape dungeon?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

We hand wash the dishes at our house. Usually whoever finishes eating first starts the dishes. When the other is done they pitch in and help.

Right now one of my daughters and her roomate are staying with us, so my hubby starts the dishes, when I finish eating I wash and he rinses, the kid's roomate dries and my daughter puts the dishes away. We laugh and joke around while we're working so it goes by quickly.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
In our house, we never picked our duties but in a time this has happened. Hubby makes the meals and i bake. He is an excellent cook, i have to stay out of the kitchen when he is preparing food.
I load dishwasher and do laundry, and together we clean the house. He did the house cleaning first as he thought im not doing it well enough, so i have learnt doing it well ( he is asthmatic ) cos i felt pretty much spoiled when we started the life together lol

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
But cooking is a fun and creative experience, washing up is a chor. Is it fair for the non-cook to wash and dry every night?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Wife disabled, kids not much help. I cook, wash, and cleanup.

Usually I wash bigger stuff by hand...until we run out of silverware and glasses. and then run
the dishwasher....

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Team effort in my house. We ALL chip in!

(we even have a song!
)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Hi all,

As my wifes feet are smaller than mine, meaning that she is closer to the sink than myself, we find it easier and fairer that she overtakes this mission without any argument...*s'n-word' s'n-word'* (Oh dear i am going to get my head kicked in by people who do not have a sense of humour!)

On a more serious note... no-one takes the decision here at home, it's basically the first one to the dish washing machine who fills it up and who puts their finger on the start button (this may depend on who feels up to it or not, although we never have a race to see who is the first one to get there!)

Warmest regards

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
reply to post by n00bUK

Brilliant idea..Rape dungeon is a wee bit violent though, somethign more sublte would be appreciated

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Ooops... my apologies for the typo error, inbetween the * symbols you were supposed to read the following "s'n-word', s'n-word'"

I grin sheepishly...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Oh nuts!

This still is not working... the word i meant was SNIGGER!

Otherwise, as far as the rape dungeon goes, i think this is a little harsh... personally i chain my wife to the electric garage door when she refuses to fill the dish washer up and then park the car a couple of times whilst pressing the remote control of the garage door... If this does not teach her a lesson i will then attach her to the St Andrews cross before flogging her shoulders with the dish washer attached to a chain... Normally she understands who is the first person to attend to the dishes after this small lesson in civil obedience!

I am sure i am going to get my head kicked in now by someone without a sense of humour!

Can i have a tin foil hat please?

Warmest regards

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I almost never use my dishwasher. Maybe I'm weird, but there's something relaxing about sinking my hands into that warm, soapy water at the end of a long day. It's meditative.

My live-in boyfriend doesn't cook or wash up because either action would be health-threatening for me
but he has other duties that compensate for it.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Round these here parts granny does most of the warshin in the crick. Mostly in the evenin cause we have her chop the wood in the mornin whilst it is cooler. After the warshin is done we send her out yonder with her varmit gun to fetch supper. Do to her age we always keep an eye on her from up above the holler while we keep the fire goin under the still.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Generally, I do the cooking, Mr. Dustbowl rinses the dishes as he and the kids finish eating, and then I load the rinsed dishes into the dish washer and run it if it's full.

We pretty much agree upon and each take our fair share of the chores. I try to do the chores that he hates and he does the same for me, so it's a pretty nice arrangement. He vacuums, I sweep and mop. He takes the garbage out, I do the dusting.

But we do the laundry together, cuz we both hate it

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK

Originally posted by Samuelis
reply to post by n00bUK

Brilliant idea..Rape dungeon is a wee bit violent though, somethign more sublte would be appreciated

Tickle dungeon.

Anyway, Dishwasher gets filled by whoever can be bothered in my home.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I have an older dishwasher so I have to do both!
I also do most of the cooking and all of the cleaning.

top topics

join