It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changing weather causing health problems.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I just want to start by saying I am in no way predicting anything and I have no illusions of a prophetic vision.

So I live in Se Portland and we just went through a 110 day dry period, the longest period of no rain during this time of year on record.

Then the weather suddenly changed to being very wet.

So about a day or two before the rain hit, I started getting anxiety really bad. Then, shortly after, I noticed a stiffness in my wrists that I have never felt before. Once the rain came, I noticed I was having headaches and pressure on my ears. I have also slipped into a depression I haven't really felt before. On top of all that, the past 4 days I have been waking up several times sweating profusely like I just had a horrible nightmare.

So I guess I am just wondering if these are normal reactions to such a dramatic change in weather. Or if anyone else has been suffering any of these symptoms in this area lately.
edit on 13-10-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Maybe they started fluoridating your water early. I kid as I am in Hillsboro and a former SEP resident (40th/22nd and DIvision).

The dry weather has affected my family as well, just sinus issues mostly, nothing as extreme as you. Wish I knew an answer for ya, good luck.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I have high blood pressure and sometimes if I'm off my meds I feel it in my wrists.

maybe a call to the doc ?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Living in a place where the weather changes every 15 minutes, I know exactly what you are talking about.

For example, this morning when I went to work, it was -5C with snow, and by the time I got off, the snow had melted, it was windy and 12C.

When the barometric pressure changes, many people, especially those with arthritis, feel it in their joints.
You live near the coast right? So the weather stays pretty mild all year?

There may be a big change in weather coming, hopefully for the better

(or upon re-reading, you are in that weather change) Don't worry about it- completely normal!!
edit on 13-10-2012 by smilesmcgee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283
I just want to start by saying I am in no way predicting anything and I have no illusions of a prophetic vision.

So I live in Se Portland and we just went through a 110 day dry period, the longest period of no rain during this time of year on record.

Then the weather suddenly changed to being very wet.

So about a day or two before the rain hit, I started getting anxiety really bad. Then, shortly after, I noticed a stiffness in my wrists that I have never felt before. Once the rain came, I noticed I was having headaches and pressure on my ears. I have also slipped into a depression I haven't really felt before. On top of all that, the past 4 days I have been waking up several times sweating profusely like I just had a horrible nightmare.

So I guess I am just wondering if these are normal reactions to such a dramatic change in weather. Or if anyone else has been suffering any of these symptoms in this area lately.
edit on 13-10-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

Strikes me more as SAD than weather related. Lots of people tank mentally in the autumn & winter to varying degrees, it's nothing new. You don't have to be young or old for it to pop up, it effects a wide range of ages.

Also, the headaches, ear pressure and joint stiffness/pain is very likely related to atmospheric pressure changes, considering the timing. I get all 3 every.single.time it rains. The degree of it depends on how sharp of a dip the barometer takes, but yeah, not uncommon either. Try being barometrically sensitive like me in a hurricane's pressure swath---it royally sucks, bud.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
I have high blood pressure and sometimes if I'm off my meds I feel it in my wrists.

maybe a call to the doc ?

I just had a doctors appointment a week ago and she said I was perfectly healthy. Its probably a combo effect from the anxiety(which raises blood pressure I think) and the change in barometric pressure as others have stated.

Thanks for the input though

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Well thanks to everyone for the responses. I've just never had symptoms like this, so I was just kinda worried, especially since the doctor didn't find anything.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
i don't know if the weather affected your health but it might have. i do think climate change (i'm not a denier) will affect the health of people overall in the coming decade. i think we'll see more outbreaks and new diseases.

top topics

join