It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomers find diamond planet nearby

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
This is something new, I wonder if anyone found this article yet apart from the news portal I read from.

WASHINGTON: Twinkling stars are not the only diamonds in the sky. Scientists reported Thursday the existence of a "diamond planet" twice the size of Earth and eight times its mass, zooming around a nearby star.

Diamon Planet

I think as soon as we find a way to get there, they will start mining it..perhaps this is how Star Wars first starts

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by affeyee
This is something new, I wonder if anyone found this article yet apart from the news portal I read from.

WASHINGTON: Twinkling stars are not the only diamonds in the sky. Scientists reported Thursday the existence of a "diamond planet" twice the size of Earth and eight times its mass, zooming around a nearby star.

Diamon Planet

I think as soon as we find a way to get there, they will start mining it..perhaps this is how Star Wars first starts

Not 'made' of diamond .... !!!!!

Sheesh !

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Yes it has been covered, three times today. There is one just three down from this one on Real Time: New Topics page.

Search is your friend.

P

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by affeyee

We would not mine it even if it was made out of diamond. A diamond's value comes from the false idea that it is rare, it is not. We can make them artificially now so all the practical uses for diamonds is covered which is why it does not cost thousands of dollars to get a diamond tipped tool.
If we had an influx of diamonds like that it would devalue them making it a pointless venture.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012

Originally posted by affeyee

Diamon Planet

Not 'made' of diamond .... !!!!!

Sheesh !

From the link:

"The surface of this planet is likely covered in graphite and diamond rather than water and granite," Madhusudhan noted"

So yeah, the surface is covered by... diamonds
, which means it must also have them underground, so yeah, it could be considered "made of diamond"

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Existing thread can be found here;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please continue the discussion there;

thank you

top topics

join