It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Unidentified Eyeball washes up on beach!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Hopefully some Sheldon Cooper brainiac marine biologist that frequents this site can ID the species that owns this eyeball - the fact that it was still bleeding almost makes me dry-reach and get those cold shivers we are all familiar with. The eyeball looks like it just "fell out" of its socket - weird.

It's probably from a whale or giant squid but given it was not readily apparent to wildlife experts has me all the more intrigued.

Anyway here is the pic, a snippet and the link - enjoy your dinner tonight folks and try not to think about this eyeball whilst eating OK - OK!!

A giant eyeball that washed up on a US beach has baffled wildlife officials who haven't yet been able to identify it.

The man who spotted the blue eye on Pompano Beach in Florida yesterday said it stood out from the usual shells, cigarette butts and seaweed he usually saw. "It was very, very fresh. It was still bleeding when I put it in the plastic bag," Gino Covacci told the Orlando Sentinel.

The eye, which could barely fit in the palm of two hands, was handed over to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission for testing.

ninemsn
orlandosentinel
edit on 12-10-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

It's the eye of THE KRAKEN!!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Thanks mate - the ATS search function certainly needs improvement as I put in the keywords and nothing came up.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
The dude's guess is likely correct, giant squid or giant octopus, mystery solved

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
The dude's guess is likely correct, giant squid or giant octopus, mystery solved

It dosn't look goooey or gelly enough to belong to a squid or octopus. This looks like a Mammal's eye.

Whale maybe?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

This has to be on the list of one of
the craziest things I've read in a while.

I'll be thinking about this eyeball all day
wondering who or what it belongs to.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Thread closed

Please direct further comments to Man finds softball-size eyeball on beach

join