It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This is a new series that just premiered tonight on the CW

It is basically a look at the comic book character Green Arrow with the usual CW twists that they give superheroes.

Personally, I liked the pilot episode. It has a lot of potential. I really hope that it avoids the mistakes that Smallville made.

It looks like they are going to totally ignore the character of the Green Hood in Smallville and go with an entirely new continuity.

I hope his love interest, the reporter, Dinah Laurel, gets turned into the Black Canary. But I don't think she will. In this series she is pretty much a copy cat character of Lois Lane. I don't think she will though.

A mythology gag. He called his younger sister Speedy. Speedy in the comics is his copy-cat character junior side kick.

I hate spray paint on masks. I want to see a real mask. But the upside of it is they really can't unmask him unless they use some sort of paint remover.

I wonder if Chloe will show up in this series. I don't think she will, which will anger the fans.

So far I give it a B.

But i'm going to watch the next several episodes and hoe it gets better with time and give it an even chance.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I enjoyed the pilot, however I am going to wait and see how the next few episodes go before I make a decision on whether I like the show or not.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Seen far worse shows take off and go for many seasons. If they don't go too crazy with the intertwined back story which has already been alluded to, I can see it taking a decent run.

If they make sure not to make it another procedural type cop show where he's one step ahead.. and occasionally doing what he did in the pilot, AND they don't go crazy with him making IED's out of egg shells and macguyvers, I'll stick with it.

Good time filler anyway!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I LOVED it. Definitely something I will be watching for a while, i'm usually not quick on these things. But wow, I am shocked how well the show turned out. Granted, I was keeping an eye on it since it was announced and dubbed a Smallville spinoff. But yes, definitely looking forward to more.

new topics

top topics

join