It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Davy Crockett - Not Yours to Give Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Davy Crockett was schooled by a constituent. A simple farmer's interpretation of the U.S. Constitution teaches Crockett and all of us a lesson - that it affords no right to give charity.

A Constitutional lesson from Davy Crockett. Colonel Crockett, who died at the Alamo, was congressman from Tennessee's 9th district from 1827 to 1831. Excerpts from "Not Yours To Give." at www.mises.org... www.LibertyPen.com...
(information from YouTube link)

Live and learn. The flaw in the Constitution is that its intent was not understood. I am trying to fathom how different our world would be if charity really did begin at home in the U.S. instead of relying of the government.

Very interesting story.

edit on 10/8/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Simply said.....wow. I am proud yet saddend. I truly wish that all of government would heed these words of the farmer. I can understand why he said it. Charity is good, but, yes, it does need to begin at home. If the congressman, senator, representative...feels that it is a just cause to help his neighbor, then let them dip into their own pockets to provide the help. The money in the treasury should not be used as such.

join