It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameron rules out 'mansion tax' - Oh what a surprise!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Please review this link for the full story

So my friends, once again the Cons have thrown out another libdem election policy, Im not sure how Nick Clegg can even show his face outside without feeling total embarrassment for himself and his "party"

But lets get right to it shall we and sum up just what the Cons have done for this country so far:

1. Attack the poor of society, for example the elderly, unemployed, single parents, people on incapacity/sickness.

2. NHS reforms - Privatising the health service so that business can make big profits off of peoples illness.

3. Education reform - Basically creating two bands roughly translated as the "gifted" and the "not so gifted" a great way to separate those who are only capable of donkey work and those that might fill the boots of management when of working age.

4. Privatization of the police force - Another public sector annihilation. Already in this country there is a police force that has members of G4S (a security company) working as law enforcement officers. They are paid for by a private company, not the tax payer. I believe their also trying to get into the prison system?

5. Big companies such as Apple, Vodafone and Boots are still avoiding paying Tax in this country - Which is still running into the billions. The loop holes remain open and no one seems to be in a rush to close them. Strange.

But today i come across something classically Conservative: "Lets not tax those that work hard and get rewarded from it"
Abit insulting isnt it? Basically assuming that those "plebs" that work 37.5hrs a week on the minimum wage dont work hard enough and therefore deserve to be taxed, right?

Well done Dave, Demon Lord Thatcher would be very proud of your achievements so far is she was of the mind to recognize them!

We need a 'Poor tax' and more cuts for the rich!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Sounds like they are trying to turn England into America and that's the last thing you want to happen. It's time for the people to wake up, rise up and vote these scumbags out. You have seen what those kind of walking human garbage have done to America Don't let it happen to England.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

The "alternative" is no better my friend, I have plans to spoil my vote and encourage the same from my friends and family!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Hi op

My god im going to open my fat trap again, i tried to not reply.

Dave is just not on this planet
it defies logic that your actually flaunting in our faces that the normal worker slaves are..just slaves

Full stop before i get more peed

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I can kinda understand this though

Didn't you have something similar in the 50's/60's ? ( to be honest I forget when )

Which resulted in the owners of these mansions burning them down ?
Which destroyed many old stately homes and buildings of significant cultural heritage ?

They couldn't afford the taxes, couldn't sell up .....so were left with prison or....burn it down

It's a very fine line.......I agree the rich need to be taxed more .......but this very thing has been done before.......and resulted in a loss of culture and history
edit on 7-10-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
1. Attack the poor of society, for example the elderly, unemployed, single parents, people on incapacity/sickness.

Not sure how you can claim this. Limiting benefits to a finite amount not just dishing out piles of money, sorting out the system into one coherent benefit instead of dozens and a total overhaul of the often abused Incapacity benefits is a good thing.

Sure, mistakes are bound to happen, but the way your going on about it makes it sound it is endemic and targetted, when in reality it is a few bad stories blown to all hell by the rags. Let's not forget the base rate for tax has been lifted, so millions now pay no tax at all (all those "poor" people) whereas Gordon Brown actually removed the 10pc rate and put everyone on a 20pc rate, so he actually hit the "poor" far harder...

What short memories people have

Unfortunately, the media loves to spin things in a bad light and it would appear you've swallowed it all. The Benefit system has needed overhaul for years and Labour abused it in totally the opposite direction to create client voters.

I would be interested in you going into some detail, rather than casting a carte blanche "They hate the poor!" to try and generate an emotive response.

2. NHS reforms - Privatising the health service so that business can make big profits off of peoples illness.

That's not what they are doing though, is it?

3. Education reform - Basically creating two bands roughly translated as the "gifted" and the "not so gifted" a great way to separate those who are only capable of donkey work and those that might fill the boots of management when of working age.

How are they doing this, exactly? I am genuinely curious as to why you think this, or what it is you have read.

Also, what is wrong with banding? Not everyone is the same. I went to a school that divided people on ability and those that were not so "bright" had special help, while the brighter ones weren't held back. Having classes of multiple abilities and 30+ strong benefits no-one.

4. Privatization of the police force - Another public sector annihilation. Already in this country there is a police force that has members of G4S (a security company) working as law enforcement officers. They are paid for by a private company, not the tax payer. I believe their also trying to get into the prison system?

Me thinks you've mis-read something.

Firstly, there is no such thing as "law enforcement" in the UK, that is an American phrase and has no place here. Our police do so by consent, not carte blanch enforcement of whatever law they are told to.

Secondly, you cannot have a private contractor who is not a sworn officer of the Law doing any frontline work. Any "privatisation" of the forces is offloading admin and back office functions, which is a good idea. Or would you rather have Police wasted sat behind desks instead of on the street?

Thirdly, G4S and others have been running prisons for years.

5. Big companies such as Apple, Vodafone and Boots are still avoiding paying Tax in this country - Which is still running into the billions. The loop holes remain open and no one seems to be in a rush to close them. Strange.

On this point, you do have some merit. But the loopholes they are exploiting were created by the previous Government, so it is unfair to land it all at the feet of the Tories.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Sounds like they are trying to turn England into America and that's the last thing you want to happen. It's time for the people to wake up, rise up and vote these scumbags out. You have seen what those kind of walking human garbage have done to America Don't let it happen to England.

Actually it sounds like they are trying to rebuild their competition. Think of it this way, if both political franchises are owned by the same people, wouldn't it make sense to sandbag one if it became "too popular". Because if there other franchise becomes too "unpopular" they run the risk of only having one horse in the race.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

So we should punish people for owning more? Why go after someone for being successful or having inherited something? That mentality makes no sense to me, there is ALWAYS someone out there with less than you does that mean that you should be taxed to make things "fair"?

Privatising the health service so that business can make big profits off of peoples illness.

If people are willing to pay what is the problem? I mean the food industry makes billions off of people's need to eat are they all evil too?

This is a good thing, instead of holding everyone back because of a few bad kids and some slow ones they can separate the ones that excel and let them learn at a higher level. Too much time is spent on fixing things that need fixing instead of pushing that which can excel to its full potential.

when a company has most of its operations run overseas why would they pay tax to another country? If the tax rates were not as insane as they are for those who do well this would not be a problem.

But today i come across something classically Conservative: "Lets not tax those that work hard and get rewarded from it"
Abit insulting isnt it? Basically assuming that those "plebs" that work 37.5hrs a week on the minimum wage dont work hard enough and therefore deserve to be taxed, right?

Just as insulting as saying lets tax people BECAUSE they make more. I mean what is so bad about a flat tax rate?

We need a 'Poor tax' and more cuts for the rich!

The rax the rich mentality will ultimately fail. There are those who understand money and those who don't. Taxing the rich does not work in the extreme because they can just move and take their money with them or ship their company to another country where it is not punished for making money. Taxing the rich is also not dependable. When you work 40 hours a week at minimum wage you have a solid stream of money coming in. If you are rich it is not that cut and dry, you can make millions in a year but then you can also go a few years losing money. Not to mention the money and the jobs come from the rich so when you raise their cost of business people suffer, so to pay these new taxes they are going to get rid of a few of those minimum wage workers.
Believe it or not you are actually responsible for how much money you make, you CAN do something about it! And no taking everything the rich have to pay for everyone else's issues is not a viable long tern solution.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Don't forget the lies! Cameron and his cohort like to spin the stats and when they can't do that too well, they just outright lie.

Here is an example of just how far Cameron is prepared to go to convince the (40% 'grey vote') electorate that his anti-poor, anti-youth agenda is for the benefit of the whole country.

speye.wordpress.com...

top topics

join