It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sin is an illusion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Sin is a synonym for immorality, basically, correct? Immorality and morality are just the things we decide are good and bad; but who's to decide these things? It's just group think used to opress us all. Yes, there are things that are wrong, because they hurt people; but even that's just my, and most of the "sane" world's opinion. So, I guess illusion isn't exactly correct; it's all opinion.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
what we base morals on is weather or not in the end someone gets hurt by it so we say something is bad so that it doesnt happen to us

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
God says what is sin and what is not aka the TEN COMMANDMENTS for a start!!

man left on his own will destroy everything, if you dont believe me read Genesis about Noahs generation with an open mind please.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   

man left on his own will destroy everything, if you dont believe me read Genesis about Noahs generation with an open mind please.

Since when are those histographical or, even a socio-pyschological illustration of mankind ?

Deep

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthStrgnrThanFiction

And I'll read it with an open mind; but those are just anecdotes. There's little to no proof that those people actually existed, and even if there was, there's even less proof that they were guided by any god.

And yes, I know of the deluge of flood myths(heh, I think that's a pun...), but that doesn't really prove all that much either. Just that there probably was some sort of big flood at some time in history; for all we know, the story of Noah and all those sinning people could have been stolen from the other flood myths-which the bible people have been know to do, 'specially the Christians.

(note:I am not insulting Christians, just their early leadership's actions)

top topics

join