It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney uses "Gish Gallop" as debate tactic plus a very good Romney joke.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I've been reading a lot of posts about the debate and reading the news coverage. I too wondered if Obama was using a tactic and appearing weak in order to storm back to victory in a later debate.

Then I thought that maybe Obama was genuinely nonplussed by the fact that Romney was shifting position on so many things and denying so much and basically talking such BS that Obama was unable to believe his ears.

Obama seems like a serious thoughtful guy who has some core beliefs. Not saying he's perfect but at least he is consistent.

Then I saw this article and it seemed to sum up pretty much what I was thinking plus it has a really funny joke at the end that made me laugh out loud.

Be interested to see what people think about the article and the joke.

GISH Gallop
edit on 5-10-2012 by Thoriumisbest because: i used wrong word in title

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Good Post OP!

Check this out...Mrs. Obama and Big Bird
www.youtube.com...

edit on 5-10-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Willard is the Joke...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Thanks, I just thought it was an interesting perspective and puts things very clearly plus it's a very funny joke at the end!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Just curious, if it's a well known debate technique (Gish was born in 1921), why wasn't the President prepared for it?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
If that is the case, then why did Obama keep nodding as if in agreement with Romney?

One of the reasons Romney won is because he was not the person the media have been trying to portray him as, and Obama lost for that same reason.

Here are a few more:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
HA HA HA! oh man I am loving this!
watching lib's heads explode is priceless...
HA HA HA! Obama got owned! refinanced and owned again!

"whaaaa! leave Obama alone!! whaaa Romneny lied!! whaaaa!"

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I like this one titled
'CLINT WAS RIGHT'

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Thoriumisbest

I have my own theory about why the Pres lost, but the joke at the end was priceless!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thoriumisbest
I've been reading a lot of posts about the debate and reading the news coverage. I too wondered if Obama was using a tactic and appearing weak in order to storm back to victory in a later debate.

Then I thought that maybe Obama was genuinely nonplussed by the fact that Romney was shifting position on so many things and denying so much and basically talking such BS that Obama was unable to believe his ears.

Obama seems like a serious thoughtful guy who has some core beliefs. Not saying he's perfect but at least he is consistent.

Then I saw this article and it seemed to sum up pretty much what I was thinking plus it has a really funny joke at the end that made me laugh out loud.

Be interested to see what people think about the article and the joke.

GISH Gallop
edit on 5-10-2012 by Thoriumisbest because: i used wrong word in title

What has Obama been consistent on exactly? The only consistency Obama has had is the fact he consistently breaks every promise he makes.

How about foreclosure relief? The only one he gave relief to was banks.

Bush tax cuts he talked about so derisively? He extended them.

Guantanamo bay? How about NDAA.

He promised to allow imported prescription drugs to lower prices. That went by the wayside and made promises to the Pharma companies to get them to help with Obamacare.

How is that comprehensive immigration bill he promised within 1 year coming along? That's right, he's deported more people than Bush.

And let's not forget he was to be the great bridge to bring the two parties to peace and harmony.

The dude has lied about EVERY promise he made.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Thoriumisbest

Simply because I hear this, here are some fact checkers.
www.wptv.com...

Obama consistently lied, Romney was not completely truthful, but was far more accurate.

abcnews.go.com...
Romney had some not quite factual and some mostly fiction.
Obama has COMPLETE FICTION, not quite factual, and mostly fiction.
The only one with a COMPLETE FICTION answer is Obama.

top topics

join