It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do black cats cause bad luck?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Short answer: NO.
Ask Japan where black cats are considered lucky!

Chances are, the black cat that was supposed to have caused bad luck was stray or feral in the wrong place at the wrong time. As black cats rank high-in the US- in being unadoptable due to superstition, etc.) Same as with your dog reacting. Dog's especially depending on breed, react to movement and especially cats!
With owning two black cats, help to care for cats-some black(clinical), in my path or anywhere else has never caused me "bad luck".

edit on 5-10-2012 by dreamingawake because: fixed

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I own one so I hope not.

He's the closest thing I have to a soul mate.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I dont think there's any truth to it-old wives tales.I actualy consider them Goodluck charms bt thats just me. I have 4 cats,the lil female kitten is pitchblack,and she has managed to utterly charm my husband who loathes cats,he's besotted with her,so thats magick right there,imo :-) as for me,when it comes time to clean the litterboxes,All cats are bad luck :-D

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow
reply to post by littled16

yes i know buts its still odd

What's odd, the mechanic was wrong? I think them being RIGHT would be the odd thing. You might have me a believer though, quick, who was driving the car both times? Isn't it ODD that your mother was driving BOTH times it failed? She is clearly bad luck.

ETA: I am more of a dog person, but have a black cat. She is incredibly loving and sweet, and is definitely good luck (if luck existed).
edit on 9-10-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Absolutely, 100% not. Black cats make great companions. I would know as I've lived with all sorts of different breeds and colors of cats and my black cats always have the best personalities. In fact, I get filled with joy every time I see a black cat "cross my path." Many of them have really funny, odd quirks about them too... I've also noticed this with orange cats.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join