It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I miss the internet on my computer.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Just as it sounds.

I had my internet and cable turned off and returned the equipment back to the company. No it was not shut off due to lack of payment.

I am personally tired of paying my hard earned dollars to record profits and corporate bonuses. This is also why I chose to quite smoking. I am sick of slaving for the man.

The problem is that I am also sick of the internet on the gf's "smart phone". She has a touch screen that is extremely hard to type on. It Is litterally taking me forever to type this. I cannot open multiple windows as I uses to, to do research and quote people's comments. To put it simply, I hate it.

I really want my computer internet back but do not want to pay 40$ for the cheap cable sh@#. I even considered ancient dial up because of the cheapness, but I do not have a phone line running to the house. There isn't even a Jack to plug into in the house due to Renovations prior to me moving here.
Needless to say I will probably end up sucking it up and pay the friggen cable internet, all the while thinking of the executive vacationing in the Bahamas because he got a 10 mill$ bonus.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I forgot to add,

Smart phone my as$.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Assuming you live in the US you can get ISDN Internet from a couple of companies for about twenty bucks per month - though by the time they add in taxes and all those weird telecom fees it's more like twenty six or so.

No phone service nor cable necessary for this BTW.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I know how you feel,I'm typing this on my android.They recently blocked my tethering so no hot spot for my computer.
What kind of smart phone are you using?If its an android download opera or dolphin web browsers then you can at least open multiple tabs.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I think I am going to have to check it out

My eyes hurt from squinting to read on this huge screen this phone has
(Sarcasm)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

I really do not know what model this is. It is a Samsung brand.

I would love to have my real keyboard back. I have use the backspace a lot because my fingers are too fat. Lol

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Here is a resource that will let you see all the deals, by area code.
I see that AT&T currently has a $14.95 per month deal, but it's contract based. I used their same service previously but back then it was $19.95 per month - no contract.

Whichever way, that link may let you explore your options.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thank you for the info.

This thing is driving me crazy. I think I am starting to see double, and I am not drinking

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

It'll be an android.Go to play store & download either opera or dolphin.They are much better than the built in browser.
You could also go into the phones system settings,then wireless and network settings,then tethering and portable hotspot,then mobile ap and tick the box.This will turn on wifi hot spot .If your computer has wifi you are good to go.The wifi network name and password settings are on the same page you selected mobile AP,change them to whatever you like.Your phone company may or may not allow tethering but worth a try.My phone company recently stop allowing this even though I have unlimited data so when i try it now I get a screen on my computers browser saying that tethering isn't allowed on my plan.
edit on 5/10/2012 by glen200376 because: damn spellchecker filling in words(& fat fingers)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

Thank you.

I will show the gf your post and see if she will try it.

Something has to give.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
So what are you saying? You'd rather give your money to a company losing profits? I don't understand what your problem is exactly, all ISP's will make huge profits in this day and age. I find it quite amusing that you feel so adamant about not give people your money that you quit smoking rather than quitting for your own health.

I don't think you know what "slaving for the man" really is. People get paid not much more than a dollar a day to pick rice, farm prawns, tin tuna and much more for western society, so we can buy it cheaply. You're complaining about an optional luxury service. Either have it or don't, but don't complain.
edit on 5-10-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Public libraries generally have computers available. Maybe visit the library when you want to get online?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Every McDonalds has free internet now. And Panara, and...

what was the name of that little bakery Panara wanna be in Pasadena??

I forget.

Just save it up, and use the free stuff.

new topics

top topics

join