It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Compares Student’s Romney Shirt to KKK Robe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
What an ignoramous of a teacher! Good grief. American standards to become a teacher were lowered decades ago. Now, we are paying for it in the public school system. Great teachers are few and far between. If parents don't stay tuned in and demand excellence from teachers, schools will simply fall through the cracks and churn out more of the clueless. Also, imo, unions have played a huge part in dumbing down our supply of teachers.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

i did a little digging, the article says it was the Geometry teacher. The school website lists two math teachers- both male. That is odd. The only thing I can think is that maybe the website is outdated.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Or maybe they removed the teacher in question name from the site. Keep me posted. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Reply to post by Jaellma

the teacher is black, msn, cant post link from my cell, also apparentley the teacher was yelling at the student in the hallway in front of others. doesnt matter if she black, blue or purple, one thing for sure is that she is ignorant and has no business being a teacher, i wudnt hire her to feed my cat lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic
This is absolutely ridiculous. Liberals are incapable of being respectful or even sane at this point. This lunacy has to end- not everyone who disagrees with you on everything is a racist, or a sexist, or a bad person.

Yes this is ridiculous, this teacher should be suspended or fired for causing embarrassment and possibly causing emotional harm as well as infringing upon her rights as a citizen. It's disgusting really.

Yet your post is almost as fallacious. One broad generalized blanket statement regarding the totality of a political group including inflammatory words such as lunacy. When the truth is that there are so many extremists in each party these days... which is the real issue, not one teacher being a nutter.

I love how the extreme right and the extreme left have made politics one big useless crap storm. How about you guys start moving more towards the middle where believe it or not a good portion of the population is.... and it's also where this rare and unique thing called compromise occurs.

There has to be some reason in government... this election year is like having to choose between being raped by a moose or being eaten alive by a bear. Tough choice, both suck, but if we unite as a populace instead of falling into the rank and file poo slinging, our country might still have a chance of not going the way of Rome or the dodo.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I don't think children should display branding for political agendas at school.
kid should were shirts more along the lines of 'F@#ck the system'
that probably a contradiction, but 'whatever'
Teacher should most certainly not pedal politics.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Originally posted by Urantia1111
Not that it matters in the least, but for fun let's speculate on this teachers probable demographic details...I'm getting the impression from the story that she may in fact be african american. That's the only way the story "makes sense".

Yes, most people likely assumed that the teacher was black. That suspicion was most likely confirmed when they read the quote from the teacher referring to the school as a "Democratic" school, which would be interpreted by many as simply meaning a predominately black school.

However, speaking those assumptions is not allowed unless you want to be labeled as a foaming-mouthed racist.
I also don't think we're supposed to refer to black people as black anymore.
However, it seems to be perfectly acceptable to refer to white people as white. Go figure.

edit on 4-10-2012 by stupid girl because: plural verb
I'm black, and that's what I call myself, even though my complexion is actually reddish brown. And where did you get the notion that you're not supposed to refer black people as black? That's a new one on me, I must haved missed the memo. And what am I supposed to refer to white people as?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack
I'm black, and that's what I call myself, even though my complexion is actually reddish brown. And where did you get the notion that you're not supposed to refer black people as black? That's a new one on me, I must haved missed the memo. And what am I supposed to refer to white people as?

LOL....that's what the portion of my friends who also happened to be born with darker skin pigment say.

We are human beings who bleed the same color. Unfortunately, skin color is also used as a visual marker when stereotyping culture.
I am from Louisiana and there is a significant black population there. I grew up around equal proportions of blacks and whites. We were all friends in school, and most of us still keep in touch with each other. Naturally, in high school we each gravitated to our sub-cliques when we were outside of school, but there was never any racial drama. Ever.

Sure, we were all cognizant of the fact that our parents and grandparents grew up during a different time frame, but none of us carried those cancerous thoughts and attitudes forward into our generation, so to speak.
It has to stop somewhere, and by the grace of God, I was fortunate enough to be raised in a community with other kids that, for the most part, just wanted to enjoy school, make good grades, go to college and do something with their lives.
None of us were rich, most were lower-middle to middle class families.

White people, black people, it was always as simple as that. I've never thought twice about it and am 37 years old now. But a few years ago someone made a post on ATS and referred to someone as a black person or black people or whatever, and some people on the thread just went berzerk, like that person said the most racist, bigoted thing they'd ever heard and made this huge deal about it.

Having said all that, my original post was truly meant to be taken as irony. I see nothing wrong with referring to people as black or white and will continue to do so.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Originally posted by poloblack

LOL....that's what the portion of my friends who also happened to be born with darker skin pigment say.

We are human beings who bleed the same color. Unfortunately, skin color is also used as a visual marker when stereotyping culture.
I am from Louisiana and there is a significant black population there. I grew up around equal proportions of blacks and whites. We were all friends in school, and most of us still keep in touch with each other. Naturally, in high school we each gravitated to our sub-cliques when we were outside of school, but there was never any racial drama. Ever.

Sure, we were all cognizant of the fact that our parents and grandparents grew up during a different time frame, but none of us carried those cancerous thoughts and attitudes forward into our generation, so to speak.
It has to stop somewhere, and by the grace of God, I was fortunate enough to be raised in a community with other kids that, for the most part, just wanted to enjoy school, make good grades, go to college and do something with their lives.
None of us were rich, most were lower-middle to middle class families.

White people, black people, it was always as simple as that. I've never thought twice about it and am 37 years old now. But a few years ago someone made a post on ATS and referred to someone as a black person or black people or whatever, and some people on the thread just went berzerk, like that person said the most racist, bigoted thing they'd ever heard and made this huge deal about it.

Having said all that, my original post was truly meant to be taken as irony. I see nothing wrong with referring to people as black or white and will continue to do so.
I grew up pretty much the same way in Georgia, and I share your sentiment.

edit on 4-10-2012 by poloblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Man, that ain't right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join