It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida girl, 14, charged with strangling her newborn baby boy in parents' bathroom

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Florida girl, 14, charged with strangling her newborn baby boy in parents' bathroom

www.nydailynews.com...

Cassidy Goodson, 14, of Lakeland, Fla. has been charged with first degree murder and aggravated child abuse in connection with the death of her newborn son, who she gave birth to and then allegedly strangled in her parents’ bathroom.

“Her son was still connected to her by the umbilical cord when she choked him to death," Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said at a news conference Friday. "I just can't get over that."
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3-10-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Holy hell. This girl must be either borderline retarded or mentally ill, or possibly both. She actually dug the kid out with scissors, strangled it, then put it in a box and hid it in her room. A new low for humanity.

"Her mother, Teresa Goodson, noticed a foul odor in her room three days later and found the baby’s remains. The mother called her sisters, who in turn called 911, authorities said."

Did she think it was going to turn into potpourri and make her room smell nice or something? Jesus. Anybody over the age of five knows that a corpse stinks. I'm going to place my bets on borderline retarded.

www.nydailynews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3-10-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Uh, this is easy-Did her parents know she was knocked up? Probably not. She killed the kid and hid it because she didn't want that coming out. What kind of family are you in when you have to go to those lengths?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Did she think it was going to turn into potpourri and make her room smell nice or something? Jesus. Anybody over the age of five knows that a corpse stinks. I'm going to place my bets on borderline retarded.
That's what I wondered when I saw the story on Huffington Post.

She looks like she is eleven years old in the pic.

The cops are thinking about charging other adults that knew she was pregnant. What are they going to charge them with? Knowing?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by Xaphan

Uh, this is easy-Did her parents know she was knocked up? Probably not. She killed the kid and hid it because she didn't want that coming out. What kind of family are you in when you have to go to those lengths?

Indeed.
She wore loose clothing to hide the pregnancy, her mom had her take two pregnancy tests. She showed the negative results to her mom, but her mom didn't watch her take the test!

duh, mom!
edit on 3-10-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
There, I fixed the links. I don't know why they wouldn't post properly the first time.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Something about her doesn't look right. She has a strange expression on her face. When I first saw the photo my initial thought was that she's either autistic or an aspie.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Something about her doesn't look right. She has a strange expression on her face. When I first saw the photo my initial thought was that she's either autistic or an aspie.

After killin you baby, hiding it in your room, your mum finding out, and being arrested, im pretty sure most people would look a bit weird in the police photo.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
i thought i'd seen this before...

sorry dude its already been discussed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

yeah
your right...
she looks like shes
stuck on stupid

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

I wasn't sure about the look. I see what you mean, and I did think that something looked a bit 'off' about her...

But then I thought, she is standing for a mug shot, charged with murder. That would be enough to elicit a strange look on her face.

edit on 3-10-2012 by butcherguy because: spelling

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Ah, I didn't check that sub-forum. News generally goes in the news section, so I only decided to look here before posting.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

No worries. I have had this happen to myself quite often... The search engine on ATS isn't that great IMHO.

S+F for thee all the same

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I feel really sorry for this little girl, and her son.
I do agree that we all need to be held accountable for what we do, but she is a little girl. I have a 14 year old girl. We are close, so I know she would tell me if she got pregnet. But, we can not judge this child. She made a childish decision. We do not know what her parents defination of unconditional love is, or how they showed her unconditional love. It takes both parents to make ends meet these days, which is causing a huge break down in family relationships. I can only imagine what emotions she was feeling when she ended his life.
Very very sad.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Why is it that when I see headlines like these, the first thing that comes to mind is...this must be Florida?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This is the kind of stuff that I just turn off when I see it.

Here's the gist: The world has gone mad. If the world were a person, it would have been admitted to a psychiatric institute years ago.

This is part of the fall of America: mental illness, greed, violence, ignorance, selfishness, brainwashing.

It's a daily thing---these types of stories, so why bother to pay attention? It gets worse by the day.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
She is a 14 yo girl, and i bet there is MUCH, MUCH more to this story than we know.

How about that she is living in an extremely disfunct family (possibly religious?) where the thought of her 14 yo daughter having sex, let alone being pregnant would be so TERRIFYING..that the little girl thought it would be the only solution to hide the pregnancy and then to "get rid" of the kid.

Such a thing would not have happened in a "normal" family, so..before entirely condemning the kid it might be interesting to know in what family she lives. In this article, she is also quoted as saying she did it to keep the relationship with her family healthy.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This is such a tragic story. A child having a child.
I don't see how she could have handled having and keeping the baby emotionally. That poor innocent baby boy.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
this is a tragic story. clearly she must have been in a deranged state of mind to kill a baby, especially one she just gave birth to. just sad all round.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

This girl is 14? That's rape. Who has been sexually abusing/raping her?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join