It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous apparently just declared war on Sweden (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
"We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us. # Swedish".

These are the words that greeted employees at the swedish Social Department this morning, when they turned on their computers.
In the last 24 hours ddos attacks have also been performed against the department of defence, the secret police, several of the biggest banks and the courts.

Hacker group Anonymous apparently just declared war on Sweden.
The reason beeing that swedish police,on questionable ground, raided a server host named PRQ this monday.
PRQ is hosting The Pirate Bay's and several other torrent sharing sites servers.

Anonymous instantly published a youtube video where they defended the rights for free information and then started their attacks.
Several internet security experts in Sweden said that this was probably just the beginning, a sort of warning, and that this will most likely escalate in the coming days.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Well, not war, probably some DDoS attacks.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
PRQ was not hosting TPB, they moved off their severs awhile back. The raid was probably for a smaller torrent site but nothing has been confirmed to my knowledge.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Bet Sweden are regreting their attack on the Pirate Bay now

Viva la resistance

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Anonymous...

I (lol)ed.....

Does anyone really take these guys seriously anymore?
When they can wipe our banks (here in Oz anyways) clen, THEN i'll have some respect for these guys.
Until then, they're like the kid at school that wants to stand up to the bullies, but is too afraid to....

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Yawn.

Let me know when Anonymous actually do some hacking or something useful not just DDOS attacks.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Lol anonymous are a bunch of douche bags, none of the real hackers will even intgeract with them, they are just a bunch of skids, anyone can pull off a ddos attack, it isn't even very complicated.

I used to like anonymous, they have done nothing good really though, all they have managed to accomplish is helping to pass tougher cybersecurity laws, and forced the .govs of the world to step up their game, by expoiting and showing them the holes in their security, thus making it harder and harder for anyone to remain anonymous, or even pull off a hack that would make any kind of difference.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScorpiusMaximus
Anonymous...

I (lol)ed.....

When they can wipe our banks (here in Oz anyways) clen, THEN i'll have some respect for these guys.
Until then, they're like the kid at school that wants to stand up to the bullies, but is too afraid to....

+1

my thoughts exactly

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I've supported Anon in the past, because it was once relevant.

But seriously, having a hissy fit because you can't get stuff for free like you used to? Grow the f up!

I work in the adult internet industry, and studios are constantly under assault from these teenagers who think they deserve to get whatever they want for absolutely nothing. I agree that industries have to change and their profits should be more reasonable with pricing being lowered (they are after all complaining that they can't make billions from basically copy/paste) but this little temper tantrum by spoiled brats is not the way to change the world.

What these "hackers" fail to consider is that as their piracy continues, studios lose money, they can't invest, their production decreases, their quality sinks, the businesses fail, and then all these little punks will be complaining that the industry is gone - because of THEM!

Sorry Anon, I have lost all respect I had for you. You're going after the wrong people for pathetic reasons. You want a crusade to get your free stuff, and you come across as nothing but a bunch of spotty teens fapping in their moms basement and complaining that you might actually have to go get a job and start paying for things like the rest of the Human race.

All credibility in Anon is now shot to hell. Well done for becoming a bunch of spoiled teens deserving of the naughty step, instead of being a valuable nemesis against the true evils of the world.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Tollon

Ironic really... A group of people going after the government because they donmt like what the government is doing. Instead of going about it using legal means they use the very tactic they denounce the police for - illegal actions.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
"The hacker attacks tonight cripples Sweden" is what the biggest newspaper in Sweden today says all over it's front page.

Regardless of what you think about Anonymous, I think it's foolish to not consider them a serious threat to internet infrastructure.
They might be spoiled brats, they might be wrong in wanting things for free etc, but they can still inflict big and costly damages to entire countries.

There have now been two straight days of various attacks against government and bank sites in Sweden and it will apparently continue according to Anonymous themselves.
Here's a fresh video where they say they will hit Sweden again on friday, and that it will be their biggest attack ever:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScorpiusMaximus
Anonymous...

I (lol)ed.....

I Bet Sweden is taking them Rather Seriously, Who needs to stand up to bullies when you can stand up to countries.

top topics

join