It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just found my old cpu tower...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
So I was at my moms house today just hanging out and I decided to go check out my old room, and to my amazement my old pc tower was just sitting there in the middle of the room. I thought, "wow what a blast from the past." So I unhooked everything from my mom's pc and hooked the old one up just to see what I was into in '05, and when I opened the disc tray my mouth dropped... Sitting in the tray was something that had ruled my life for almost every waking moment for a year until I left home and decided to leave the computer there(I had recently got a newer laptop.)

I shut the computer down, drove to the nearest pawn shop, bought an old micro$oft mechanical keyboard and a monitor that looked ancient for like 15 bucks, and then got home and have been playing ever since(after quite a bit of updating). I am literally almost in tears. I had completely forgotten about this game. It is just so freaking awesome! The best game ever made by far...

Anyone here ever play? It really is as good as I say it is. From a time when games were actually fun and required massive amounts of skill. I can tell I haven't played in a long time because I'm totally getting owned, lol.

Facing worlds CTF all the way...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I tried it once but I was really to heavily into the Quake series to change games, especially Quake 3. I dabbled in WoW for a while too.
After that, I moved on to consoles, Halo, CoD and Res Evil.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Yeah I love me some Quake 3, but it just doesn't hold up compared to UT04(IMO). I also am a fan of halo as well but sadly I lost my 360 a while back and the only console I have now is a wii. I stopped playing CoD after CoD2.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Yes, used to play unreal and qauke on a lan with several friends, like you it was a big part of my life

Played all versions of quake.

Loved the single player versions too, especialy the original Unreal.

Anyone else in here mad enough to have played the original Serious SAM?

Half life was good too

edit on 2-10-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I'm a classic UT player, instagib CTF was my preferred game mode, ladder play too. So much fun and great memories, bad ones too of course. lol I played 2004 for a few months also but not quite as long as UT99, which I played for a couple years or so. There were just too many bots though, haha.

Good times.

I got into MMOs around the time UT2004 came out though, so I haven't really played any FPS game since then.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

To date I have played and beaten every half life and half life 2 game and expansion there is. I will kill if Half life 3 isn't released soon. Seriously don't mess with it you may get killed...

top topics

join