It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Tree of Liberty..."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
...or "When did America lose its testicles?"

There is a Thomas Jefferson quote which should keep every American politician awake at night worrying "Have I kept up my end of the bargain as a representative of the American people?" Somewhere along the way, however, we all got duped. They (meaning "idiots in Washington DC") realized that partisanship makes every rape defensible by half of the people, every theft excusable by half of the people, and every indescretion overlookable by half the people. "As long as the party which claims to support the ethos I follow is in power, I'll just sit here quietly."

That Jefferson quote?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure

The problem, as I see it, is that we have an overabundance of tyrants and a lack of patriots. Those who would be patriots have become marginalized, drowned out by the overwhelming pugnacity of the average American to look passively on the tyrany of their own party while overstating the tyrany of the opposing party to the point where they look ridiculous to the minority standing in the middle.

Here is an interesting read, taken largely for the usage of the above Jefferson quote and how it reflects to today, a scant 5 years from when the article was originally published... Source

The reason this is an interesting read is that virtually every complaint it possess directing the claim of tyrant at GW Bush, ultimately goes unchanged with Obama in the White House... yet the new articles on the site curiously cease in 2008. Fred Soto could have been considered a potential Patriot. What happened to the man? Simple, he became the director of the diversity program at the United States National Nuclear Security Administration (Part of the US Department of Energy) after Obama took office. If you cannot beat them, join them.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure

Jefferson's tree looks close to death, folks. Such is the case when you have all the caretakers standing around arguing over whose turn it is to feed and water it.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The tree of liberty has died from over fertilization by all the manure coming out of washington.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

The modern colloquialism:

When the crap gets too deep it's time to flush.

And it is way past time, don't think the current generation has what it takes it has been too Romnfied,Obamafied,Demofied,Republified.

Or in short Stupidfied emphasis on stupid.

When good men have the ability and the capacity to do something,and do nothing evil triumphs,

I have lost faith in my fellow Americans,
edit on 1-10-2012 by neo96 because: g

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
As much as I love Jefferson's wisdom and while he is my favorite historical figure, I hate to.say it but the Tree of Liberty has long since been burned down.

I agree that the tree should be refreshed from time to time but our liberty is nothing more than a lie and facade that is dangled in front of us like a carrot in order to keep us enslaved to corporate and political interests in order to further feed their greed. Short of a very large majority of Americans going in full blown revolt we will never be truly free as Jefferson intended us to be. The problem with any form of revolution is that in the global world we live in TPTB are a world power and if Americans would revolt we would have blue helmets on the ground here before you could say United Nations.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
we would have blue helmets on the ground here before you could say United Nations.

Not the first time I've seen this concern. To the UN, I would simply say "Bring it." That type of assault would be exactly the catalyst required to get Real Americans, civilians, law enforcement, military, everyone to stand together and reform our country.

top topics

join