It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rest?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Did our higher power take a rest from being God, and is now in some other universe being human and having a great time as a human?

What do you think of the ignoring we get from our higher power? You should question it.

Surely if I were a God I'd rest from being a God. I'd take a vacation from being God and be human in a paradise I made for my human version.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
Did our higher power take a rest from being God, and is now in some other universe being human and having a great time as a human?

What do you think of the ignoring we get from our higher power? You should question it.

Surely if I were a God I'd rest from being a God. I'd take a vacation from being God and be human in a paradise I made for my human version.

Haha creative. I sometimes wonder about this, why did Father create in the first place? What's does it feel like being God? My human self says its must be a tiring occupation, but I think Father thinks the exact opposite.

BTW, He does not ignore mankind. He speaks to us in various ways, we choose not to listen, or we forget how to listen.

BTW, you are a god... My Writing 101 professor told me that we are playing god when we write a story.
And I thought about it, when I write about a story, I am in control of all the variables, plot, and characters in the story! Maybe it's time to take that pen and pencil and let the creative juices flow, it's a good outlet.
edit on 29-9-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

from that, would it not make more sense that there is no higher power?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

You say he, what about she? Or "it" for that matter

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

If I was God I think being human would be the last thing I would want to be. It sucks having the need to go to the bathroom not to mention how nasty it is....and germs and bugs and well, you get my point lol

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Good question I will join, the topic. In my religion we are taught that the Gods/Goddesses do walk among us. They take a break in our realm to enjoy the human race.
They are here to actually learn from us. They appear at midday or night as they do not cast shadows. Have you ever met a person and become overwhelmed with the sense of greatness even though they did not say or do anything?

My Gods and Goddess are far from perfect as we are taught, they appear on earth to either ust People Watch, Learn, Test, or Intervene giving us powers beyond our normal comprehension. I do not bow or kneel any God, we live side by side as equals. I do not pray or ask for anything from them, nor do I beg for forgiveness self reliance is one of my virtues.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

You say he, what about she? Or "it" for that matter

Direct experiences. When He spoke, it was very booming, strong, and commanding, His voice immediately grabbed my attention. Very masculine sounding as well.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

God (apparently) created 'THE' universe. Singular.

There is no 'other' universe if one is to believe he created 'IT'.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

What is really your complaint?? That the world is unfair? Lots of people dying of hunger everyday, injustice abound? The world is full of evil?

God sent us Jesus, prophets, and disciples. They taught us to give our extra food and clothes to those who had none, take care of the poor, feed them, rescue them, love them, to represent God in justice, mercy, love, righteousness, and boldness!!

To fearlessly face even death in light of doing what Jesus commands. To love God to the bitter end... To be the light and salt of this world, to be the brilliant beacon of hope the world will ever see.......

Now that I have told you Christianity in a nutshell, who do you send the complaint to??

To God? or his many many disobedient followers who's just taking the name of Christianity just for financial stability/security?

S&F for a good question!

edit on 29-9-2012 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I think sometimes we are like spoiled kids, praying for things we don't need, shouldn't have, would end up being no good for us in the long run. Like a kid in a walmart wanting dad to buy him or her everything. And dad says "no you don't need that" why? Because perhaps having that item would spoil the kid, would roat the kids teeth, would distract the child from playing outside or his homework. Or just generally is unnecessary. We as adults are so often like kids, thinking we need all kinds of stuff to be happy. And we pray and if it doesn't come in the next 10 minutes then we're disappointed.

Also I think more often than not you have to go by the saying "be careful what you wish for cuz you just might get it". YOu get it, you have it for a while, you realize all the complications that come along with having it, and eventually you wish you didn't get that thing! And maybe God was holding back for a while, not allowing it, because he new the greef it might cause you. But eventually he gave it to you anyway, knowing you might need to just learn the hard way.

The bible says we have to keep asking. We can't just ask once and think it's gonna happen right away. it doesn't work that way. Prayer does work. Be careful what you pray for though. Really think it threw before you just blindly pray for something, that most likely you really don't need, and might even make your life worse off than it is now.

But out of all prayers these types of prayers should be least and lastly. Not first and foremost. If anything when praying for yourself I'd pray for thigns like: virtue, protection, guidence, strength, wisedom, health, peace of mind etc. Not, "a 2012 Mercadies benz E class with leather, navigation, etc etc". (not saying you can't, but just is kinda lame if you ask me) It's like saying to God "God I haven't gotten over my ego yet...". Like think of whats behind the motivation to want any certain item, situation, feeling, event, circumstance, etc etc.

God is in heaven so he is in a paradise so to speak. The bible said he did take day 7 off after working all week. But being God he likely doesn't have to look for any kind of paradise to find fulfillment the way we do in our human condition.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Well my direct experiences were much different. Though I have never done any drugs, so maybe I missed something

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

The way I view it is like this. When you have a child in the early part of it's life you spend a great deal of time taking care of it. As that child grows it relies upon you less and less, until the day comes it is no longer a child but now effectively your equal. So if humanity is God's children we are learning and expected to do for ourselves that which God used to do for us when we were just mere babies.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

God has no need of anything.... so God would not need to take any rest.
Instead its humans who need rest and only God can provide that rest.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
Instead its humans who need rest and only God can provide that rest.

Can you please explain this illogical statement?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Can you please explain this illogical statement?

Do I need to prove the existence of God to you first, before I explain that statement?

"Instead its humans who need rest and only God can provide that rest. "
edit on 30-9-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Our day lasts 24 hours. God's is like 1000 years. This is time dilation. God sets things in motion from beginning to end. Man sets things in motion through collapsing wave function. We can only collapse indeterminate probability based on what is set in motion as determined. Law is one of the many things set in motion that is determined. Man collapses the indeterminate to make it determined. Free will gives us a chance to write part of the story that is already written by God. As we collapse the wave, the overall story is not changed.

Your premise rests on God acting day by day as we do. God is not restricted by the collapsing wave function of physics. He is that wave. Wave is the Word that produces the movement of information within light. Light is particle, wave and consciousness. Man is the image of God within the image created by the process of energy in motion.

Genesis 1

1:27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

The Spirit that possesses our soul is God. God looks from His throne to our side of the material world through the reflecting point of Time, Space, Matter and Energy. God also sees from this side through the Spirit. The Shepherd of man is that Spirit. God sees and Knows us fully. We will soon know Him fully. We can only see to the point of the Veil of the Material world rendered by Word.

John 1

John 1: 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

God is always there leading us. The Word he uses to speak is the wave of creation all around you. He knows us fully. We only know Him from the veil in a reflection of Himself here. WHY?

To know the value of love, a child must experience a family in the wilderness. The prodigal son must be away from the Father. Your premise in this thread is answered by knowing how far you are from home. In reality, your angel faces the Father. You are not here now. Your image is here, but your angel is with God perpetually.

YOU ARE THE LITTLE ONE IN THE VERSE BELOW.

Matthew 18

10 “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.

1 Corinthians 13

11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

When Father rests, he goes into his chambers and no one can speak to him at those times. He does not actually rest, but takes time to plan, and ponder in his thoughts.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by nerbot

Do I need to prove the existence of God to you first, before I explain that statement?

No, all you need to do is explain how this would apply to someone who doesn't believe in god.

top topics

join