It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Stupidity: Let's Ban Halloween

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson
The warped ideas come from ignorant people that have no understanding of FUN and the healthy benefits from a little harmless scare. They prefer to retreat to their closeted benches and pray to some Jewish fella while at the same time putting Jews down. They pray to God to stop crimes while they themselve commit crimes everyday. You know who I mean!

Halloween has migrated beyond the scope of Religion, it is an outgrowth of all the Harvest Festivals and pre-winter celebrations ... you know ... those fun things that some people praying on a little bench in a closet never seem to appear at? (how they manage to have kids is beyond me!)

I often wonder how un-holy they are in the bedroom!!!

I bet they dress up there!!

you can make everything good or bad, it is the way it works!!!!

You can see the sin in everything or the beauty, it's your own preception.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I think banning Haloween is a little too tough. There are many who do not celebrate it on my street (which I don't get).

But I have a great time dressing my boys up as a Cowboy this year and the baby will be one of the 101 Dalmations (I don't normally go in for store bought costumes, but this one from Disney was too cute to pass up).

It's just for fun now, it's not serious. I don't know why people don't just try to ban the Easter bunny and egg hunts because that has "pagan" beginings.

IT'S JUST FOR FUN.

Phew.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by Mynaeris
Thanks for the backgrounder on Halloween LadyV. I understand its a Celt thing but it is not really celebrated only by the Irish in the US?

I'm sorry...I should of elaborated a bit here...when I said, "It's one of "our" biggest holidays, I meant "us" as in Wiccans.....not the U.S....I think for people in the us that are not Wiccan....it's just a fun night to dress up and let the kids get candy.....as far as dressing up like sluts...that depends on where you hang out and where you are for the night...

Thank you for your explaination LadyV. However, to properly answer both your questions qill take a mement so bear with me here...

It's a bit hard to explain, really, unless you realize how the Roman Catholic church(or RCC) tried to appease some of the newly converted "pagans". They often adopted some of their practices, dressing them up in some sort of "Christian" reasoning. For, instance Xmas tree's were an adaption(to my knowledge) of a Driudic ritual in which a tree was kept alive during the winter. (To my knowledge, anyway)

What does this have to do with Halloween?

Everything, see the day after Halloween(Nov.1st) is All Hallow's day, followed by All Saints Day(dedicated to all saints that don't have a day of the year specifically for them like, say-Saint Patrick-does). Now, have you ever heard of Christmas eve? (It's the day before Xmas if you haven't.)
Well, the day before All Hallows Eve is Oct. 31st, thus it's called All Hallows Eve, which was corrupted to 'Hallow's E'en, which has been corupted to "Halloween"....

I was actually always told/read that the dressing up was to scare away evil spirits before these 2 holy days, and that the phrase "trick or Treat" was something that gangs of young men would tell pepole to give them food(not really candy but sweets like pies and tarts and so on).

I actaully had no clue about Samhian. Seriuosly as for as I had read/known it seemed like hallow een had come fro the micing of some different things that immagrants had done around all Hallow's Eve, which came fro the RCC.

I didn't post this to attack or dissagree with anything that LadyV posted, as far as I know she's correct about what she posted. I apologize if I offended anyone or got anyting wrong....

new topics

<< 1   >>

join