It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would like to clear up some things about Freemasonry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
There is no alcohol allowed in the Blue Lodge. Women, people with diminished mental status, athiests, senile men, or youngsters are not allowed to become Freemasons. Some lodges are open, and some are not. My Blue Lodge is not, but one that is only 20 miles away is. There are many discrepancies between foreign lodges and the ones operated in the states. There are minor discrepancies even between state to state. My Lodge is AF&AM (Ancient, Free & Accepted)...while some are not. I have made my rounds in the chairs and am now the Chaplain (again). It is a terriffic fraternal organization. It reasonable to believe that there are secrets within Freemasonry, and there are. I cannot speak of them, but they are in many books. Unfortunately, the books are not always correct. Most books are completely false. Please read the book Morals and Dogma by Albert Pike. That book is the real deal.

I have read hundreds of posts in the past few days...since I have joined ATS. I know who the real deals are and who are not. Most are not and that is not all bad. I am here to answer questions and to provide further light to any Brother. As all of us Bretheren know...there is always more light.

Fiat Lux

[edit on 16-10-2004 by 32nd_Degree_MM]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Well, amen to that.

I think your admonishments might fall on deaf ears, however.

I try to help and clear things up when I can, but my limited knowledge of Masonry prevents me from being as knowlegeable as I'd like to be.

In any case, I'll be one step further as of the 22nd of this month: my initiation.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 32nd_Degree_MM
Women, people with diminished mental status, athiests, senile men, or youngsters are not allowed to become Freemasons. [edit on 16-10-2004 by 32nd_Degree_MM]

It takes alot to offend me. ALOT!!! I believe love is the most important thing in this world and beyond. I am truly surprised that an organization as large and as powerful as FreeMasons is still small-minded enough to exclude women. But to each his own right?!? What is ofensive to me is women being lumped in with those of diminished mental capacity and senile men, especially in matters of spirituality. As a wise friend once said "Gender is irrelevant".

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Hasn't this been done to death already?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Has it? Well yes I'm sure that I am not the only one who feels that way. It just really surprised me. I would really appreciate an explanation of the reasoning behind this. Although it probably wont change my mind, at least I would understand why freemason's think less of women.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Let it be clear that Freemasonry is an International organisation and does not have any one person that speaks on its behalf.

No one person has all the answers, the answers are in fact many and varied. As Masonry is not the same in all parts of the world and indeed not the same from Lodge to Lodge.

I am an English Mason and the rules refered to regarding mental and physical incapacity do not apply under UGLE constitution. I for one would not be in agreement with them if they did.

Women do have Masonic groups they can join, but they are not allowed to join the main stream Freemasonry, known as Blue Lodge or Craft Masonry. This seems to be much more of a problem to non Masonic women than those who are OES or similar. To be honest they do not want to join Blue Lodges.

[edit on 17-10-2004 by billmcelligott]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is Freemasonry?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarmoniusOne
Has it? Well yes I'm sure that I am not the only one who feels that way. It just really surprised me. I would really appreciate an explanation of the reasoning behind this. Although it probably wont change my mind, at least I would understand why freemason's think less of women.

Check out my thread here: Women and Freemasonry for an explanation. It has nothing to do with holding women back, it is about a male fraternity. Why is it that some folks seem to think that there need to be women in everything? Sometimes, women being involved adds an extra dimension that is unnecessary, and, frankly, if you do not like a group that does not allow women members, DON'T JOIN.

Sheesh.

None of that takes away a whit from the tremendous amount of service that masonry gives freely to the community, and is, frankly, irrelevant.

SgtJay, check out www.masonicinfo.com. In twentyfive words or less, masonry is a system of morality, taught by allegory, illustrated by symbols. It is a fraternity, dedicated to becoming better men through service. Freemasonry is at LEAST 500 years old, and probably MUCH older. It is the worlds oldest and original fraternity.

[edit on 10/16/04 by theron dunn]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Done, done and done again.

Closed.

top topics

join