It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man kills masked person. It was his son.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Here

It sounds like it was a prank gone wrong at 1:00AM.

Would you have pulled the trigger???

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
Here

Nope ! I've got no gun ...
In Canada most people believe guns are dangerous.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Here

A 15 year old male trying to break in the home when a woman was there alone? Sounds like an attempted burglary or something even worse. I feel sorry for hte dad, but when you are confronted by a potential crime in process, at 0100, facing a masked intruder with what appears to be a weapon in his hand, you have reasonable articulation to act in self defense.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Man, gun control is coming at us faster then we can comprehend. I have never seen so many guns gone wrong stories in the media at any given time in my years paying attention. We here at ATS know the media has an agenda. This is Capt Obvious type stuff.

As for the the story. If I was poking around because there could be a burglar about. I had my gun on me and a masked unknown came at me with a shiny object in their hand. I would of pulled the trigger.

Maybe more/better gun awareness in the home is needed. In other words. My son isnt going to play a prank lke that here because he knows I will shoot him. Tha'ts all I got.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Here

That’s a sad story but it doesn’t make a lot of sense. Why would the kid be wearing a mask and trying to break into his aunt’s home? Even stranger is why would he rush at his own father who was holding a gun??

To answer your question - Yes, I would have shot him had he not identified himself.

What a tragedy!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Going to the gun show this afternoon with a friend, and I'll hopefully be purchasing a firearm.

hopefully a ruger of some sort, I hear they are reliable/durable.

This is a really sad story, I don't have kids or anything but I can't imagine the feeling of shooting your own son
edit on 28-9-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Good thing that guy had a gun to protect his family.

Oh wait, that didn't work out so good.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

hopefully a ruger of some sort, I hear they are reliable/durable.

Exactly one week since I picked up my Tarus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm. Serious upgrade from my .22 Ruger. The report alone keeps the Ninja warriors away.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I really feel for the dad, how terrible!

But I am really questioning what was going on with the son, why he was doing whatever he was doing.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

The son should have lifted his mask and said "dad, it's me!" instead of heading toward his father with weapon drawn.

Too many people on both ends of a gun dont take it seriously. In this case his father did and the son did not.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Has anyone thought that maybe this kid actually was trying to rob his aunt?

I have a heroin addicted relative and he would rob you while you stood there and watched him if he could get away with it.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

Has anyone thought that maybe this kid actually was trying to rob his aunt?

Nah.

You read the article? By all indications the son was a "good kid" and "loved his family".

Those people never commit criminal acts.

Until they do and all their neighbors, friends and relatives get quoted talking about what a "good kid" he was.

There's no such thing as a 1 AM ski-mask robbery prank. If there is then the person perpetrating it is too dumb to live.
edit on 28-9-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

so why was the person standing infront of his aunts house at 0:1.00 wearing a ski mask - and more importantly -failing to react to the presence of his father ?
edit on 28-9-2012 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The kid held up a weapon first. I don't get that. Didn't he see it was his father?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I read this story last night and thought how sad. However the kid was trying to break into his aunt's house and then tried to attack his dad with a knife, can't blame the dad here!

and yes, I think I would have shot him too, it's still a sad story

also I think the kid may have been on drugs, why else would he have gone after his dad?
edit on 28-9-2012 by WhoDat09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
What an odd tragic case.

Seems there is a lot of unanswered questions.

Awful.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Reply to post by BlastedCaddy

yeah, just tonight we had a shooting in minneapolis. there are 6 dead. i guess a guy showed up at an old job and shot certain people. they think he picked them out. except one a supposed innocent bystander.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
im whatchin this close to see how it turns out.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Wow that is just crazy... The poor father... I doubt this was a prank by the son he was up to something and did not want his dad to know. Or what if he was committing suicide? Just bizarre... I can't imagine what the father will go through after this. He did what any reasonable person would have done but to find out it was your son is just devastating.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Seems there is a lot of unanswered questions.

Not really. Opiates make people crazy!!!!

top topics

join