It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN changes its caption and changes the story…Digital Newspeak or History re-written!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Your post is displaying your ignorance.

Take this for example:

www.cbsnews.com...

All media outlets were sharply focused on the historic decision and attempts to satisfy appetites for instant news brought a string of mistakes in on-air and online reporting.

Media outlets such as CNN were trying so hard to be the first to report a certain thing that they got it wrong, and later had to correct themselves.

This happens A LOT, and I suspect it may be the case for the story the OP is presenting. I don't think they changed the caption of the image because of some conspiracy... I think they simply got the caption wrong because of error, and later corrected it.

Now maybe you should check YOUR ego, or don't speak unless you know what you are talking about.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthFazer
I never see them correct a false report, can you give me something for example?

See my above post, or read this:

www.cbsnews.com...

That is just one of many cases. Most of the time they try to secretly correct their mistakes as to try not to lose credibility, but the internet makes that a lot harder for them.
edit on 28-9-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NullVoid

Originally posted by senselessness
I'm surprised you ATS members still don't understand how the media operates...

The media really doesn't know anything, but they want to report everything as soon as possible and before other media sources. So when a story pops up, the usually report on it as soon as possible with very little information and without completely fact checking. Then when time passes, and they find out more info, and or get the story straight, they will later update their facts and info.

Most extreme conspiracy theorists such as all of you think some nefarious thing is happening because of this... But the reality is, the media is just dumb, makes stupid mistakes, and then tries to fix their mistakes when they learn they are wrong. Most of the time they try to hide their mistakes or fix them silently because they know they will lose credibility.

The media doesn't have an credibility to begin with, so topics like these amuse me.

Reasons why media cannot be trusted is in red coloured above.
Forget the media guys.
Thanks for the info BTW

From now on, CNN is junk. (for such a long time should be)
edit on 28-9-2012 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

Agreed. All MSM is junk!

In response to senselessness, the MSM is not some democracy in which a journalist has final say. The truth is skewed or excluded. Ultimately, it isn't the journalists decision to make. Coverage is paid for by politicians or other corporate wankers. If it were, then we'd be reading very different perspectives. For example, if you read an article or watch a segment of a well known issue, and compare MSM to outlets to independent and international news sources, you'll see the obvious difference.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Unbelievable...I think I'm going to go vomit now.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Originally posted by billy197300

Wow, they edited something. That is unheard of. How dare anyone edit anything. It must be a conspiracy. Someone that gets a job as "editor" is just a government shill covering things up. Really? Dude, its the media, they edit stuff.......this is what they do. News flash, being an editor is an actual job, people get paid to do that. Sorry for the sarcasm, I just don't know what else to say about it without laughing.

No worries. I am glad to see editing actually (but don't get me started on them doing things like spell checking or grammar).

No the conspiracy is not in the edit itself, but in how and why it was done. I never said they were being a government shil or that this is a cover up, what it is, plainly and simply is biased.

Why put the caption at all if they were unclear of the story? Then why change it to a more ambiguous statement? And lastly why not change it against the police?

Do you see my point? Do you always believe that you are being told the truth by CNN, FOX or NBC?

What makes me laugh is how truly ignorant people can be when they are being misled and how they humorously choose to accept it…lol

edit on 28-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

All news outlets are bias.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I stopped watching MSM about 10 years ago. If todays MSM was around in the early 1970`s Nixon would have never been caught. Today it`s all about slap something on the screen slap anything on the screen to keep the viewer numbers up,the money rollling in and the truth be damned.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Pretty obvious those aren't his customers to anyone with a functioning brain.
They wouldn't be standing that close to the door to get hit by "stones" if they were and that place is packed to the max.

Don't even worry about this. The only people who would believe it are ones not worth caring about.
edit on 29-9-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by senselessness
reply to post by Panic2k11

Take this for example:

www.cbsnews.com...

All media outlets were sharply focused on the historic decision and attempts to satisfy appetites for instant news brought a string of mistakes in on-air and online reporting.

Media outlets such as CNN were trying so hard to be the first to report a certain thing that they got it wrong, and later had to correct themselves.

This happens A LOT, and I suspect it may be the case for the story the OP is presenting. I don't think they changed the caption of the image because of some conspiracy... I think they simply got the caption wrong because of error, and later corrected it.

Now maybe you should check YOUR ego, or don't speak unless you know what you are talking about.

of course MSM would say that about MSM...there is an obvious pattern and trend to trash talk and report on protesters with a negative bias in the MSM...incompetence...what a great get out of jail free card...I don't believe it is incompetence...because the incompetence seems to always be an accidental negative towards protestors etc...

they are intentionally trying to sway opinions and they do so until they get caught, and when their caught they reverse and claim stupidity...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by senselessness

I don't think the I'm the one at fault.

New reports with errors are not the norm but the exception. If it happens "a LOT" as you say wouldn't that affect the reliability and recognition of the publisher? Do you like to consume and reward mangled content ?

I stand for what I said and note the bit that I added regarding Internet news, if we start to accept a decrease in standards of accredited media then we ought to start treating them like blogs and bloggers like journalists. If things are bad now then it would get really f#ed up.
edit on 29-9-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Funny that they changed it…don’t you think? So why change it? To keep from getting caught as being biased?

Have you considered the possibility that perhaps they are watching us watching them through ATS and that they might have picked up on your first thread and changed it due to your posting?

Rather possible, i'd say.

Makes one think, ATS-ers!

Sorry if this thought has already been posted. No time to read through the entire thread.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

Wow, they edited something. That is unheard of. How dare anyone edit anything. It must be a conspiracy. Someone that gets a job as "editor" is just a government shill covering things up. Really? Dude, its the media, they edit stuff.......this is what they do. News flash, being an editor is an actual job, people get paid to do that. Sorry for the sarcasm, I just don't know what else to say about it without laughing.

Hi...rock of the Marne, by the way.

Welcome to ATS. this is a site where people discuss things and stuff. You know, like conspiracy things or if they feel like they're being manipulated by government or media, things like that. It's neat, I think you'll enjoy it. So, for example, when the difference in a major news outlet about a photo is so vast that it goes from yelling at the police to the protesters, that's brought up and discussed, because it changes that whole meaning. Now, I know you're a veteran editor, and apparently, as you've so eloquently elucidated, that's just the way things are. Hell, that's what you get paid for, right d**bass. Well, I invite you go and punch yourself squarely in the face..

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
im silly.. sorry
edit on 9/29/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Nice work o.p,star and flag,we all need to on the look out for this type of thing and expose the main stream media outlets as they lying parasites they are.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
yeah just to add to your thread. This is a post form the other thread about the image. I translated an article about it from the Spanish press.

------------------------------

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
Here is the deal folks, from a Spanish source. We all here know the truth about this photo. The guy got his ass handed to him for protecting fellow citizens.

translation.

A reader, Veronica Lopez, sends me a picture published in the online edition of the newspaper that I reproduce. The caption states that "the restaurant owner faces people who throw objects at his establishment." Witnesses on Twitter and in the comments of one day reject that this is the true story of the episode. The bar owner confronted the police not to go into the bar to chase protesters. The photo editing committed a string of unfortunate mistakes.

First. The photo is not of Efe, it is Getty. Second, the caption and signature are published Efe, but they belong to another image of the episode. At the foot of Efe's, which was reproduced incorrectly, saying "the restaurant owner asked not to throw objects at your establishment, during the protest march the 25S and "en Pie" platform Coordinator have convened this afternoon in the capital." The caption that supplied Getty and should accompany the photo stated that "the restaurant owner yells, with customers behind him, the protesters to stop throwing stones at their restaurant." Reuters photo circulated another with similar description. However, AP photo explains that sent another moment of the scene, and in which there is no doubt about the attitude of the person concerned, stating that "the bar owner argues with a riot police officer, while Protesters seek refuge inside the bar during a demonstration against austerity measures in Parliament. "

Although the man in the image may have at some point asked the protesters not throw stones, as reflected in the descriptions of various agencies, most unique, and this is shown by some other photos, was opposed to the police entering his establishment. His conduct earned the show of solidarity from several twitterers ("Great act, sure hope no one forgets and reverts him benefits. Has won friends and customers", "battons, only with coffee ..."). Some readers, who accuse him of manipulating the newspaper in comments published by the edition itself, add that, of course, the bar owner gave free food to refugees in their establishment. Given the wealth of evidence about what happened that highlight behavior that ignored the paper, we have proceeded to change the photo by the Associated Press and whose foot says: "The restaurant owner tries to protect the demonstrators that are within its establishment. "

blogs.elpais.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
you know what I find interesting, the fact that getting a decent street cam of Madrid is almost impossible.

You can literally spend hours looking for one and only get a camera that accidentally is pointing up, or is covered in dirt.....LOL

Black out and a half.

You would think it impossible that in a modern metropolis for NO FOOTAGE to be available anywhere online except from like days ago....No live feeds covering the thousands of people.

I found a traffic cam of Bilbao in the north in which the thumbnail had a huge crowd on the streets.....I click on it and half of the cams are down.....including the one which looked like it was covering a large protest there

edit on 29-9-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
edit on 28-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)
edit on 28-9-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)
edit on 28-9-2012 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)
edit on 28-9-2012 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)
edit on 29-9-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)
edit on 29-9-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)
edit on 9/29/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)
edit on 29-9-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Seriously. This is why tptb want to shut the internet down. People are wising up and the truth spreads fast. Like my husband says, "when you see the internet shut off, you will know something is going down".

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
So the original caption was incorrect.

They decided to edit it and correct it.

Am I missing the big deal here?

The owner was protecting the protesters inside his establishment.

No they changed it in the opposite direction..
So yes you are missing the big deal..

So they made it seem like the owner WAS NOT protecting them then.

Gotcha.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Just to let you all know, Spain will be on the streets today again. 29S is the new day to surround the congress.

If something interesting happens here I´ll let you know.

J.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This short video clearly shows exactly what happened. Alberto Casillas was protecting the demonstrators and refused to allow the police to enter his store. A true hero who did what was right.

CNN are so busted. They have zero credibility.

edit on 29-9-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join