It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Cabinet Flunks Disclosure Test With 19 in 20 Ignoring Law

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Obama Cabinet Flunks Disclosure Test With 19 in 20 Ignoring Law

On his first full day in office, President Barack Obama ordered federal officials to “usher in a new era of open government” and “act promptly” to make information public.

As Obama nears the end of his term, his administration hasn’t met those goals, failing to follow the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act, according to an analysis of open-government requests filed by Bloomberg News.

Nineteen of 20 cabinet-level agencies disobeyed the law requiring the disclosure of public information: The cost of travel by top officials. In all, just eight of the 57 federal agencies met Bloomberg’s request for those documents within the 20-day window required by the Act.

“When it comes to implementation of Obama’s wonderful transparency policy goals, especially FOIA policy in particular, there has been far more ‘talk the talk’ rather than ‘walk the walk,’” said Daniel Metcalfe, director of the Department of Justice’s office monitoring the government’s compliance with FOIA requests from 1981 to 2007.

The Bloomberg survey was designed in part to gauge the timeliness of responses, which Attorney General Eric Holder called “an essential component of transparency” in a March 2009 memo. About half of the 57 agencies eventually disclosed the out-of-town travel expenses generated by their top official by Sept. 14, most of them well past the legal deadline.

They wont even do the simple stuff. But you Obama supporters don't really care all that much as long as it's your guy in the chair, do you?

edit on 28-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Pretty pathetic when they won't disclose something as simple as this!!

Where does that leave us with the actual important information? Yep, we are never told anything at anytime no matter who requests it....

For the people my arse

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Typical Obama & Co. arrogance.

And just think, these are the people running the country

They always spread the butter as far as they can.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It would help if you actually explained why this is so important or told us how a Romney administration will do better instead of just posting an excerpt from an article and accusing Obama supporters of not caring.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Transparency you can believe in. :shk:
And these people are going to be put in for another four year run.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Obama has not submitted a budget that even 1 Democrat voted for. No budget means out of control spending and theft. I believe he is the only President to operate a full term with no budget. Chicago politics at a national level.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
It would help if you actually explained why this is so important or told us how a Romney administration will do better instead of just posting an excerpt from an article and accusing Obama supporters of not caring.

Well...we won't know how much better the Romney Administration may be until we vote them into office...will we.

All we do know for certain is, the past performance of the Obama administration. And the best indicator of future performance, is past performance....

So if you want more of the same hiding behind Obama's coat tails, and the DOJ using a big stick to thwart any attempts by States to adhere to the Constitution...keep voting for Obama.

Des

edit on 28-9-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

The same thing was apparent when Obama was running for Prez.

He did come up with many "plans" however. Probably because he had resources from the U.S. Senate.

Many have failed.....especially the real important ones.

..one real importand issue and big failure: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

It's evident by your response.

You're more worried about the behavior of somebody whose behavior you have to PREDICT, rather than addressing the ACTUAL behavior of somebody standing before you.

In terms of why it's important, if you can't figure it out, it won't be because of a failure on my part to explain it.

Moreover, it isn't just the small stuff:

Probing Obama’s secrecy games

Mr. Obama campaigned for the presidency in 2008 by denouncing his predecessor’s secret prisons and brutal interrogations, which were public knowledge only because of leaks of classified information to the news media. He began his term by pledging the most transparent administration in history.

In office, however, he has outdone all previous presidents in mounting criminal prosecutions over such leaks, overseeing six such cases to date, compared with three under all previous administrations combined.

or

Obama reneges on secrecy pledge

There were no cameras around to record whether President Obama was winking when, on his first full day in office, he signed an executive order and two presidential memorandums declaring that “every agency and department should know that this administration stands on the side not of those who seek to withhold information, but those who seek to make it known.”

But surely he must have been. No White House in my lifetime — not even that of the infamously secretive Richard Nixon — has been more of an attack dog when it comes to preserving governmental secrecy.

or...

President Obama's muddy transparency record

But three years into his presidency, critics say Obama’s administration has failed to deliver the refreshing blast of transparency that the president promised.

“Obama is the sixth administration that’s been in office since I’ve been doing Freedom of Information Act work. … It’s kind of shocking to me to say this, but of the six, this administration is the worst on FOIA issues. The worst. There’s just no question about it,” said Katherine Meyer, a Washington lawyer who’s been filing FOIA cases since 1978. “This administration is raising one barrier after another. … It’s gotten to the point where I’m stunned — I’m really stunned.”

The examples could go on and on....

So what exactly was your point again?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Well...we won't know how much better the Romney Administration may be until we vote them into office...will we.

All we do know for certain is, the past performance of the Obama administration. And the best indicator of future performance, is past performance....

So if you want more of the same hiding behind Obama's coat tails, and the DOJ using a big stick to thwart any attempts by States to adhere to the Constitution...keep voting for Obama.

Des

I am glad you said this. So by all accounts we should know how well Romney plan will work since it is only a continuation of the failed policy of trickledown economics we have tried to make work for the past decade.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

No...you can go talk to Reagan about that policy. And, ask Obama why he continued to follow it. Except he decided to throw Chicago backroom cronyism with supposedly green companies into the mix.

Des

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Your entire summary of your position on Obamas policy is a jab at his supporters and it is my failure.
Sure OK.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Something about 'if the shoe fits' comes to mind.

But I don't recall specifically mentioning you in my opening post.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yes I believe so but it is the GOPs fault for vetting the one guy who would lose to him.

Hopefully in 2016 they will have learned their lesson and actually take it seriously.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Just face it your summary is a FAIL and move on.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

They wont even do the simple stuff. But you Obama supporters don't really care all that much as long as it's your guy in the chair, do you?

Like Romney and Ryan would be any better. They are running for office and won't give any specifics on anything.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

They are giving specifics, you just aren't reading them. Check their website.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

How equitable of you.

Why do you worry about what they *might do*, when what the current bozo *does do* isn't apparently of concern to you?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

reply to post by loam

Just face it your summary is a FAIL and move on.

At least he gave a summery, which you have failed to do. As a matter of fact, you are only responding to accurate posts, with an emotional backlash, with no substance to back you up.

jmoho....Des

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
Obama has not submitted a budget that even 1 Democrat voted for. No budget means out of control spending and theft. I believe he is the only President to operate a full term with no budget. Chicago politics at a national level.

right...."no budget means out of control spending"...don't you realized how ridiculous this sounds...."chicago politics" being code for gangster mob rule...just because there are some people that are too stupid to know when they are being played for a fool, doesn't mean everybody can be.

here's THE REAL REASON not 1 democrat voted for his budget...gee, and it took me a whole 90 seconds to find this...as i have done on perhaps twenty or so differnent times, trying to verify what right-wingers bloviate.
abcnews.go.com...

edit on 29-9-2012 by jimmyx because: addtion

edit on 29-9-2012 by jimmyx because: addtion

top topics

<<   2 >>

join