It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching Last Resort?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
ugh! what am I missing? apparently everyone in my area is currently without cable service......

solar flare or gov conspiracy so we can't watch Last Resort?????!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

We'll fill you in on what who did what to whom and why...no commercials either

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

Russians? Scratch the why part...LOL

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Episode two? A dissapointment. It moved farther from the "possible" to near science fiction. What's the likelihood of the Russians diddling with a "Rogue Captian" who just fired an ICBM over Washington, D.C. and detonated it 200 miles off-shore? If he'd fire it towards his own country, it seems to me that he'd be more than willing to launch at Moscow, not to mention pissing off DC.

It doesn't seem to have too many ways to go and retain interest without getting more unreal and turning it into an international soap opera.

I guess I'll keep watching for a while, The Unit has disappeared, not much to watch otherwise.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nwtrucker

Episode two? A dissapointment. It moved farther from the "possible" to near science fiction. What's the likelihood of the Russians diddling with a "Rogue Captian" who just fired an ICBM over Washington, D.C. and detonated it 200 miles off-shore? If he'd fire it towards his own country, it seems to me that he'd be more than willing to launch at Moscow, not to mention pissing off DC.

It doesn't seem to have too many ways to go and retain interest without getting more unreal and turning it into an international soap opera.

I guess I'll keep watching for a while, The Unit has disappeared, not much to watch otherwise.

Yeah, it was disappointing. When the Russian Spetznaz showed up, i just rolled my eyes. That seemed to just come out of nowhere. Hopefully there will be some kind of back story about that.

But there's not alot on Thursday nights, so i'll continue watching or DVR it. There's also Revolution on Monday's.

On a more positive note there will be a 12 hr block of The Unit, starting 3am Sunday the 14th.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
that's cool! What channel will The Unit be on? I don't really give a crap about the wives "troubles"( maybe that's why I'm divorced?LOL). But the rest of the show seems in the "area code" of realistic.

X111 isn't bad either. I haven't seen Revolution yet, though. I'll check it out.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The spetsnaz unit was fully explained in the episode.

*SPOILER*

They did a HALO jump from the Boeing 767 that reached within 40 miles of the island. They reached landfall and were trekking over land (thinking they had the element of surprise), in an attempt to capture the sub and take it back to Russia for study and reverse engineering purposes.

What doesn't make sense though, is why the Spetsnaz unit was wearing woodland camo and carrying nothing but American weapons. Predominately the Knights Armament SR-25 and some suppressed Colt Model 733 rifles. Although, I suppose this could have been done so they wouldn't think the Russians had stolen the sub.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
The spetsnaz unit was fully explained in the episode.

*SPOILER*

They did a HALO jump from the Boeing 767 that reached within 40 miles of the island. They reached landfall and were trekking over land (thinking they had the element of surprise), in an attempt to capture the sub and take it back to Russia for study and reverse engineering purposes.

What doesn't make sense though, is why the Spetsnaz unit was wearing woodland camo and carrying nothing but American weapons. Predominately the Knights Armament SR-25 and some suppressed Colt Model 733 rifles. Although, I suppose this could have been done so they wouldn't think the Russians had stolen the sub.

Yeah, i know they did a HALO jump. It just seemed to come out of nowhere. After that my interest dropped markedly.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nwtrucker
that's cool! What channel will The Unit be on? I don't really give a crap about the wives "troubles"( maybe that's why I'm divorced?LOL). But the rest of the show seems in the "area code" of realistic.

X111 isn't bad either. I haven't seen Revolution yet, though. I'll check it out.

Yeah, i never cared for the Unit wives being involved. I guess they wanted them to do other stuff instead of charities and dependent wife drama.

It's on Time-Warner cable Ch 132..."CLOO", where i'm at. Starts the 14th, 3am-3pm.

A Burn Notice 24 hr marathon is on before The Unit, starting the 13th at 3am to 14th 3am. That's another show i really like alot.

Revolution isn't bad. I've always wondered about a scenario like that.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

Oh, Cloo is subscription on Direct TV. Not a big enough fan of it to pay for it. I still don't have the Pac-12 network either. THAT perturbes me off no end.LOL.

I still don't but a Russian intervention right after an American nuke goes off 200 miles off-shore of the US capital. They'd be in their equivilant of a Defcon 2, hunkered down and watching. Not giving a possible junta an excuse to suck them into it.....

I was one the road for episode three and forgot to record it so I'm screwed for now. At least the cable networks repeat their shows during the week.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I caught episode four. The most interesting aspect, in my mind,is the divided loyalties among the crew. It's easy to sit back and choose sides in a lazy boy. It would be a lot tougher when the odds are stacked against your survival siding with the captain when you probably won't see your family again.

I'd say the captain had to be a cowboy pretty much his whole career to make those decisions as fast as he did from the get go. Seems a bit unlikely that they'd let a cowboy play with a nuke boat. Maybe an attack boat, but a boomer?

I also don't see a chain of command below the SecDef complying with a suicide order to kill 120 US sailors without some form of "negotiations" first.

Still, it is interesting.....

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
OK, just got back into town and there's no recording of the next episode. Did it play? Cancelled? Anyone know?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Mine recorded on time. The episode is called "Skeleton Crew". This episode, the Secretary of Defense comes to the island to try and negotiate a surrender.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Hmm, I have Direct TV. It didn't record this week's either. Do you have a different service?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
What happened to this series? Did it hit too close to home? I can find nothing after episode 5. I was getting into it.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This last week there was no episode. The next one is on November 8th.

However, due to low ratings, Last Resort and 666 Park Avenue may both be getting cancelled soon.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
This last week there was no episode. The next one is on November 8th.

However, due to low ratings, Last Resort and 666 Park Avenue may both be getting cancelled soon.

Yep, both are getting the axe after their 13th and final episodes.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I finally figured out how to get the episodes on ABC.com and I'm caught up on them. The show is still interesting, IMO. Enough twists to make a rope!!

I also heard the show is being cancelled. This may be a good thing. If there is enough interest. I'm betting a cable network/station will pick it up. They have more latitude, cough, cough, than regular networks. It not only could lengthen the series, it could actually improve it as there's less P.C. on cable.

Who knows? A lot of P.O.'d comments on ABC.com on it's cancellation. It might not be dead quite yet.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join