It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California man linked to anti-Muslim film arrested

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

California man linked to anti-Muslim film arrested

www.thestar.com

LOS ANGELES, CALIF.—The California man behind a crudely produced anti-Islamic video posted to YouTube that has inflamed parts of the Middle East was arrested for violating terms of his probation, authorities said Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
Secondary Source
edit on 27-9-2012 by Ericthenewbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Legitimate arrest or simply a dog and pony show?

What are everyone's thoughts on this...did he really violate his probation or is this a public relations stunt to save face on behalf of the American government (especially since most know the movie didn't cause the events in the middle east to unfold)?

Remember the real story about the turmoil is that it was an al-Qaeda operative seeking revenge as well as the release of "Blind Sheik".

www.thestar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-9-2012 by Ericthenewbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Legitimate arrest or simply a dog and pony show?

Dog and pony show they just got "lucky" they could nail the guy on something else so they could claim it "wasnt film related,".

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
There's no reason to arrest him except for probation violation.....

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I think they got lucky as well, and that it is simply a dog and pony show...it'll be interesting to see what unfolds in this case.

Can anyone help me out as to why Hilary Clinton isn't under fire for the death of the Ambassador ...isn't she as Secretary of State, responsible for the protection of ambassadors and their staff? Especially in light that the attacks appear to be known by the US in advance of them actually happening?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ericthenewbie

They are doing a favor to him, as his life obviously is in danger by radical Islamic fundamentalist. But I wonder how they will keep him safe in Jail as is a rise of Muslim believers and recruiting within the prison system in the US.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Valid point but was it an intentional favor or just coincidental one?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Can anyone help me out as to why Hilary Clinton isn't under fire for the death of the Ambassador ...isn't she as Secretary of State, responsible for the protection of ambassadors and their staff? Especially in light that the attacks appear to be known by the US in advance of them actually happening?

1. The current politiical climate that has covered for the current administration for the last 4 years through msm,

2, The nonstop repititon that a film was to blame as a deflection tactic to where we read something that Joseph Goebbels once said:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Right now there has never been a time that was ever true hence the "they hate us over a film".

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I guess it's only a small few in North America that are aware of the lie (majority of which are probably ATS members)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I guess both, he did have already a criminal record for fraud. So I guess if he gets "accidentally killed in jail" is better than having him been blown out in the middle of the street in full view of the people.

We can not have the sleeping cells in the US scaring out the gullible American people before elections, do we.

Is more Islamic radicals living in the US that many can dare to admit, and that includes our own deceiving American government, that is allowing this cells to proliferate and grow because our own laws protect them.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

We can not have the sleeping cells in the US scaring out the gullible American people before elections, do we.

My bad, the elections slipped my mind in the context of this story..I was more focused on "war" implications but I see where you are coming from

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by damingus

I can't possibly think that his arrest is that clear cut...way too many peripheral factors involved.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Exactly, I understand that it gets kind of confusing, when we tend to see our surroundings as safe, is nothing but an illusion we are not safer now that we were back in 9/11, actually the radical movement of Islam has been growing steadily since then in the US, but most American have not clue what is going on around them in their neck of the woods.

It sounds like a a conspiracy but is no, can you imagine if voters all over the US get hold of news that the Anti Muslim film maker gets blown out in our own soil before elections?, mayhem and chaos will result from that.

All that false sense of security will crumble away like a two month old cake .

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ericthenewbie

I can't possibly think that his arrest is that clear cut...way too many peripheral factors involved.

He clearly violated the terms of his parole. As a condition of his parole, he was forbidden to post information on the Internet without permission from his parole officer.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Proof....facts...black & White......

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Keep in mind I'm not American, so although I follow what's taking place in America ... I'm not there in the thick of it to get a complete sense Joe Public's perception of things.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by Ericthenewbie

He clearly violated the terms of his parole. As a condition of his parole, he was forbidden to post information on the Internet without permission from his parole officer.

But can they prove he actually posted information..I mean has it been shown via a service provider or an IP address connected to him? I'm not trying to be argumentative so please don't read this response in that context I just want to understand the situation better.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Oh, I understand, here in the US things are not what it seems to be, I imagine that even when the anti Muslim film maker is guilty of some other minor crimes his life is in danger and not from outside forces, but within our own nation.

I find very odd that with all the so call protest in the middle east and many non Arab nations, is been too quiet here in the US, that is no only odd but very worrisome.

This will take anybody out of their comfort zone is the anti Muslim film maker is killed by radical fundamentalist working within the US.

I don't think that our government gives two rat arses if he dies or live just how and where it happens, and no before elections.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Here's some more info I ran across:

While producing “Innocence of Muslims,” Nakoula repeatedly used the alias “Sam Bacile” (and other variants) in communications, online postings, and dealings with cast and crew working on the film.

As TSG reported earlier this month, Nakoula began cooperating with federal investigators following his arrest in the check-kiting scheme (during which he used a variety of aliases). In return for Nakoula’s cooperation, Department of Justice prosecutors provided Judge Snyder with a letter noting that his substantial assistance to authorities warranted a sentence reduction.

At his sentencing, Nakoula said, “I decided to cooperate with the government to retrieve some of these mistakes or damage happened. I want to cooperate with the government that they can catch with this other criminals who is their involvement.”

An interesting read... here

I wonder what other way he could have been helpful so..., "... that they can catch with this other criminals who is their involvement.”......

edit on 27-9-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Interesting article...co-operating with the feds reduced his sentence by 1 year and the technicality they got him with was using an alias to post online...but the quote that you posted is odd... not sure what he could do for them with regards to other criminals...maybe something to do with this Zakaria Botros Henein character and his affiliations ??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join