It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Resort

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
A new TV show appears tonight on ABC.
A story about a nuclear armed US sub that goes rogue and becomes an enemy of the US.

The show is about the renegade crew of a United States Navy Ohio-class ballistic missile submarine, the fictional USS Colorado (SSBN-753), that receives an order to launch nuclear missiles at Pakistan, through a backup communications channel. When Captain Marcus Chaplin (Andre Braugher) asks for confirmation via official channels, he is relieved of command. His second in command, Lt. Commander Sam Kendal (Scott Speedman), also questions the orders and the vessel is fired upon by the USS Illinois, killing crew members of the Colorado. Realizing that they have been declared enemies of their own country, they set up camp on the fictional island of Sainte Marina, commandeer a NATO communications facility, and declare a 200 mile exclusion zone around the island. When B-1 Lancer bombers are sent to attack the submarine, Captain Chaplin launches a nuclear missile towards the US to impress upon them that he is serious.[2]

What are your thoughts on the show ,and how close is it to what may happen?

Peace,
K
edit on 27-9-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I'm watching this right now and I'm pretty impressed. It's one of the better pilots I've seen.

A lot of important themes.

Edit: Captain's speech at the end was pretty epic. Definitely going to tune into this one next week.
edit on 9/27/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I thought it was great....very suspenseful.....very conspiratorial!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Yes,Patrick,alot of interesting themes .
Makes me wonder how close to reality this is.
You know,with the recent killing of an US ambassador then that being blamed on a "movie" when all was known that it wasn't,it was pre-planned,goes to show you the truth .
The acting wasn't that great,but the underlying theme of a false-flag attempt being demonstrated to the American public on how it could play out was priceless.

Great timing with the UN conference and Natenyaho's "redline" speech about Iran's nuclear capabilities.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
I'm watching this right now and I'm pretty impressed. It's one of the better pilots I've seen.

Edit: Captain's speech at the end was pretty epic. Definitely going to tune into this one next week.

That was a pretty damn good show! The speech at the end was truly epic. I was sitting on the edge of my seat for a couple scenes there. It is scary to me to think how and if something like this could ever happen in real life.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoubleDNH

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17

That was a pretty damn good show! The speech at the end was truly epic. I was sitting on the edge of my seat for a couple scenes there. It is scary to me to think how and if something like this could ever happen in real life.

The thing is it could happen in real life,and probably has on a different scale.
Think about the tensions between Iran and Israel.
Think about Syria.
Now,go look at a map of the mideast,what lies between Iran and Israel?
Syria.
There is much,much more.
But,people are unconcerned with it.
So,lets just be entertained with a show about the possibilities ,while the world ignores the reality.

Peace,

Kev

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Then you have someone like me who sees something in everything and drives herself crazy...and it runs in the family!

I spoke to my mother right after the show, I didn't even think she would watch but we said almost at the same time,
"What are they trying to tell us?".

Everything going on seems to point at someone getting ready for a big play......

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This will for sure be one of the new shows I continue to watch . Much better so far than Revolution . I really like the ending , it gave me chills all over . Interested to see how the seals were involved and who they are working for as they have apparently become mercs .

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Also , for any of you who missed it ,, The huffington post has the full pilot on their site . Here is a link

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigjerm
Also , for any of you who missed it ,, The huffington post has the full pilot on their site . Here is a link

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Thanks for the link.

top topics

join