It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bitcoin - Users who trust nobody, use anonymous currency, get ripped off by Anonymous person in Pyra

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
This is kind of hilarious, if you know how to read into it.
I love Bitcoin and think it has serious potential, but stories like these show the mass stupidity of people.
Here, people who trust nobody, especially central banking, invest anonymous currency with anonymous person who steals $5 Million dollars through a Pyramid scheme. Sounds like crime does pay for the smart guy. But not the stupid folks. And the guys who they trusted, get this , his name was (Pirateat40), ... lol my ass off!

Bitcoin ponzi scheme – investors lose $5 million USD in online hedge fund
rt.com...

An invite-only online hedge fund that promised lucrative returns for investors called the Bitcoin Savings & Trust has shut down, and with it have disappeared the service’s administrator — a user known in the digital currency community as pirateat40 — as well as millions of dollars’ worth of the cryptocash, currently valued at around $11 USD per coin.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Yeah, well, not too bright. You think I should trust another 'well known' investment guru in bitcoin? His screen name is madoff2012? Anyone?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by joe7pack
Yeah, well, not too bright. You think I should trust another 'well known' investment guru in bitcoin? His screen name is madoff2012? Anyone?

Nice!

I'm surprised that so many people who SHOULD have a clue, cannot even realize that sending a non trackable currency to someone anonymous is not a good idea.

join