It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapist wants visitation rights; teen mom fighting back

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

An admitted Massachusetts rapist is seeking visitation rights to the child he fathered after raping his underage victim, setting the stage for a precedent-setting legal fight in the Bay State.

The man was charged with four counts of statutory rape of a child in 2009. Last year, he pleaded guilty to all the charges in Norfolk Superior Court. FOX Undercover isn't identifying the victim or the rapist to help protect her identity. The Norfolk prosecutor asked for a three to five year prison sentence. But Superior Court Judge Thomas McGuire sentenced him to 16 years of probation with the condition he acknowledges he's the father of the baby and abide by the probate and family court. The probate court ordered him to pay child support, opening the door for him to request visitation rights with the child.

How do other States rule on these type of cases?

Nine of those states allow or require the termination of the rapist's parental rights, while the other seven allow or require stripping custody or visitation privileges.

Massachusetts is one of 34 states that has not addressed the issue.

Rapist wants visitation rights; teen mom fighting back

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on 9/26/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/26/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
As a father with three kids, I find this callous, and cruel. This man deserves no rights to see this child. On the other hand, If this child grows up, and wants to see the "father", what would you do as a Parent? I feel sorry for the victims, especially the child, having to play a part, in a dysfunctional broken Court system.

ATS, Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

ATS, Thoughts?

Yeah..........

Go ahead, give him visitation rights.........and then a bullet payable on delivery.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepImpactX

I hear you.

Im just sick, that only NINE States have a law on the books, for it.

NINE.

Sad.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Wow! I've never heard of such a thing. This is as bizarre as a bank robber asking the bank for a portion of the stolen money back since he did have possession of it illegally for 5 minutes. 

I don't know how this is dealt with since this is the first I've heard of such a thing but I think Murphy has it right:

Murphy has filed a motion with the court, asking the judge to amend the sentencing conditions and order the man to pay restitution instead of child support, which would force him to support the child he fathered but not give him visitation and other parental rights.

What in the hell is wrong with that judge anyway? He's basically making this criminal an ever present part of the victims life for the next 16+ years.

edit on 26-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
So the man was charged with statutory rape, maybe the girls parents were the ones to press charges. Maybe the girl loved this man and is the reason she didn't abort. If the girl gives it the thumbs up then by all means should the father be able to see his kid. Why do we rely on others so heavily to live our own life? It boggles my mind peoples rationality.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I agree.

Hes a rapist, and a child molester, he should NEVER see this child. Period.

I cant believe hes doing this, because he loves this child. He has to be doing this, because of the Child Support. This is an all time low, in my book.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Dont ask for child support if you dont want the dad in the child's life you greedy ass people.... The dumb jailbait should have kept her legs shut, n he should have kept it in his pants. But they have a kid now and they need to deal with it. At least he wants to be in the kids life, its his kid, mind ya business....

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by IronNuts
So the man was charged with statutory rape, maybe the girls parents were the ones to press charges. Maybe the girl loved this man and is the reason she didn't abort. If the girl gives it the thumbs up then by all means should the father be able to see his kid. Why do we rely on others so heavily to live our own life? It boggles my mind peoples rationality.

From the Article.

The teen mother, who still suffers from severe anxiety and depression, says she's terrified at the thought of having to face the man who raped and impregnated her to arrange for visitation rights.

I think the answer, is plain as day.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

reply to post by seabag

I agree.

I cant believe hes doing this, because he loves this child. He has to be doing this, because of the Child Support. This is an all time low, in my book.

Right.... The girl is old enough to have sex and make her own decisions, he didn't "rape" her.... Its just a term used since she was underage... If he cant see the baby, then he shouldnt have to pay s***. Let the dumb broad raise the kid on her own n get a job.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

It was Rape. 14 years old. Underage is underage also, no matter how you want to define it.

edit on 26-9-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

reply to post by dayve

It was Rape. 14 years old. Underage is underage also, no matter how you want to define it.

Yea but four counts of rape...? That means they had sex FOUR times, thats not rape... thats having consensual sex.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

True but the courts would have surely used the word 'rape' and not 'statutory rape' if it was overtly non-consensual i.e what we think of when invoking the imagery of 'rape'.

The use of statutory rape as I understand it is that it's 'consensual' but because one of the persons is underage they are mentally incapable of fully understanding and thus giving consent in an 'adult' sense.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
My first thought is he's trying to punish the rapee (AGAIN) and really has no desire to see the child. Rapists are heartless psychopaths who cares for no one but themselves. He justs wants to hurt the girl again, and again and again.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

Yea but four counts of rape...? That means they had sex FOUR times, thats not rape... thats having consensual sex.

With a minor.

Or it could have been "forced", four times. The Minor, still has problems with this. I will give her the benefit of the doubt.She was underage. The 20 year old, was found guilty.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Regardless of whether "she wanted it" or not it says she is fighting it NOW!!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Dont ask for child support if you dont want the dad in the child's life you greedy ass people.... The dumb jailbait should have kept her legs shut, n he should have kept it in his pants. But they have a kid now and they need to deal with it. At least he wants to be in the kids life, its his kid, mind ya business....

You are sick!
The mother was raped, it was NOT consensual. The mother did not ask for child support, the judge did.
Even the families lawyer said

"All this family wants is to cut the cord. Get the rapist out of their lives. And if the judge wants to help them financially that's great. But let's call it restitution, not child support," Murphy said.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

reply to post by seabag

I agree.

Right.... The girl is old enough to have sex and make her own decisions, he didn't "rape" her.... Its just a term used since she was underage... If he cant see the baby, then he shouldnt have to pay s***. Let the dumb broad raise the kid on her own n get a job.

The teen mother, who still suffers from severe anxiety and depression, says she's terrified at the thought of having to face the man who raped and impregnated her to arrange for visitation right.

This is not what consensual sex sounds like.

There is a difference between "rape" and "sex".....

And no, this guy has no right to the kid.

The family didn't ask for child support, that was the judges doing.

Except the lawyer for the victim is trying to get the term changed to "restitution" instead of child support.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

It's statutory rape, not actual violent rape. She was underage but a willing partner. Come on. This shouldn't even be called nor considered rape. If the two parties are willing, it's absurd that the law can make it criminal. It's not rape if it's two underage or two adults. One and the other and that equals crime. That's stupid.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm

You are sick!
The mother was raped, it was NOT consensual. The mother did not ask for child support, the judge did.
Even the families lawyer said

"All this family wants is to cut the cord. Get the rapist out of their lives. And if the judge wants to help them financially that's great. But let's call it restitution, not child support," Murphy said.

How am i sick..? I didn't do it... Im just saying, if she didn't want a baby, she shouldn't have been a whore n had sex with him four times whether the other 3 where consensual or not. After the first time, if it was "rape" she should have had him arrested.... But looks like she is just trying to play victim now. 14 is not that young, she probably looked 17. Idc what anybody says, its her fault.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join