It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Myth No. 1: GOP is to blame for failure of Obama’s job policies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

First

Editor’s Note: This analysis the first in a five-part series on Democrats’ mythical sound bites by Andrew Puzder, an economic adviser to Mitt Romney and CEO of CKE Restaurants, which employs about 21,000 workers.

The article attempts to show how the "myth" of blaming Republicans for Obama's Job policies.

Keep in mind that Obama had the (Democrat controlled) 111th Congress for his first 2 years.

Many initiatives during that prime time seemed to target specific special groups and not the entire population in general.

President Obama has been attempting to blame Republicans in Congress for the failure of his economic policies to lower our nation’s chronic unemployment. Faced with the extremely negative August jobs report the day after his convention acceptance speech, the president stated that: “If Republicans are serious about getting rid of joblessness, they can create one million new jobs if Congress passes the jobs plan I sent them.”

Read the whole article.....the details are there with more links

President Obama’s suffering economy

Three destructive Obama administration policies
a. Stimulus
b. PPACA
c. Dodd-Frank

Obama’s free rein for two years—now it’s Republicans’ fault? Really?

Jobs bills stuck in Democratic Senate

Obama aims to create government jobs

Why private sector job growth matters

Time to look at reality

edit on Sep-25-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
So, using similar reasoning, this means the Republicans can't blame the Democrats for Bush's problems during the last two years of his term. He had six years before that when the Republicans controlled congress.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
So, using similar reasoning, this means the Republicans can't blame the Democrats for Bush's problems during the last two years of his term. He had six years before that when the Republicans controlled congress.

One of my first political memories is watching the different media channels during Bush's 1st and 2nd year and how they would blame Bush for the slowing economy. Republicans at the time (not Bush himself) would often blame Clinton's policies for the economic slow down of the time. I DISTINCTLY remember the media and Democrats crying foul saying, "you cant blame him, he's not president anymore".

Democrats are their media are constantly changing the rules, standards and goal posts to suit whatever their situation is. I really don't understand why people fall for it every time. Does everyone just have really short memories or what?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Perhaps these pics show some correlations....

The unemployment rate seems to reduce under Republican Congresses.
Then a steady rise starting in 2007 (Democrat Congress)
Ditto with annual deficits.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Why do your graphs end at 2010 at the peak of the recession?

You wouldn't be trying to hide something, would you?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

This unemployment table is more up to date

And keep in mind that is harder to "add jobs" when the rate is under 5%

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

"Hello Mr Romney , My question for you is : What is your plan for Economic Growth?"

"Ah, Er, My plan is to do Nothing, The Economy will fix itself."

FAIL

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It is amazing how a cartoon can sum this up.

Enjoy

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Keep in mind that Obama had the (Democrat controlled) 111th Congress for his first 2 years.

Let's start with that particular myth

Majority Does Not Rule in Filibuster-Filled 111th Congress

As the 111th Congress hurtles to a close, more and more bills are dying despite receiving majority votes in the Senate, and in some cases, the House as well.

With congressional Republicans looking forward to controlling the House and a larger chunk of the Senate, GOP senators are wielding the threat of a filibuster with a vengeance.

www.nationaljournal.com...

The Senate Republicans of the 111th Congress again broke the record for the number of filibusters in a session, passing 100 cloture votes in the first eleven months

en.wikipedia.org...

111th Senate Breaks A Filibuster Record

tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com...

The Democrats during those 48 months in the majority only had a grand total of 2 months when Congress was in session with a filbuster proof majority. And by anyones accounting the GOP smashed all records...going back to our founding...in employing the filibuster.

www.outsidethebeltway.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

Ahem....

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Republicans have used a record-setting number of filibusters to stall ALL legislation in the Congress.

Including the Veteran's Jobs Bill.

Reality Check: Senate GOP kills veterans jobs bill

GOP blocks veterans jobs bill with budget vote

GOP Blocks Passage of Veterans Conservation Jobs Bill

Par for the course for the GOP. They'll spike any legislation, no matter how good it is for the country, jobs, or even out vets, if it means another chance to give Obama a black eye.
edit on 26-9-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Xuenchen mate, give it rest, its over. At this point in time Romney could only win this thing if something extraordinarily outstanding would happen, something only remotely related to politics or facts.

And if that something does not happen, threads like this are only helping Obama to win by an even higher margin.

If you're trying to convince supposedly undecided liberals with facts, its futile, remember they're Liberals and they believed the myth in the first place.

You're only programming them further, like neuro-linguisticly, they're Liberals you know.

Here is how it goes.

You: "GOP is to blame for failure of Obama’s job policies"

Liberals: Damn, i knew it!!

See?

Or is that maybe exactly what you want........

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by talklikeapirat

Very good point.

Barking out these "facts" and graphs and "studies" only reinforces people's opinions. At this stage of the game, only the totally brain dead have not chosen a candidate...no seriously. The MSM pretends to drag this out and there is some "10 to 15%" of undecided voters...hogwash. They are doing it to have a reason to blabber on day after day. Also, it gives the Media outlets income through campaign ad buying at top market values even though the ads are falling on deaf ears....it's a sham.

You are not going to convince me to change my candidate of choice. I am not going to convince you to change. It's just diversionary tactics to keep us from actually speaking civilized and possibly working things out and coming to a solution for our ails....

I don't believe the "undecided" (if there really is any) are these super intellectual pragmatists...I think they are probably brain dead and have spent the last year watching "real housewives of" whatever stupid town and "ice road truckers"....

Bottom line is...no one is changing anyone's mind by flailing around like their head is on fire...it serves no purpose to post these things other than to make yourself feel justified...hope it works for them.

ETA:
Not directed at you Pirat....was agreeing
edit on 9/27/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

One of my first political memories is watching the different media channels during Bush's 1st and 2nd year and how they would blame Bush for the slowing economy. Republicans at the time (not Bush himself) would often blame Clinton's policies for the economic slow down of the time. I DISTINCTLY remember the media and Democrats crying foul saying, "you cant blame him, he's not president anymore".

Democrats are their media are constantly changing the rules, standards and goal posts to suit whatever their situation is. I really don't understand why people fall for it every time. Does everyone just have really short memories or what?

nope...people just don't like the laws and legislation that republicans have passed, stopped, or are thinking of implimenting....it favors the wealthy and corporate over the rest of the american people...why is this so hard to figure out??

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
**Attention**

Please discuss the topic, not each other.

Thank You.

~Tenth
ATS Mod

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
seems to me that the only thing that the two parties can agree on is protecting those untaxed capital gains...
maybe if we had spent less money bailing out the too big to fails and wall street, and more money on main street, we'd have jobs?? maybe???

the cost of our felt, our flock, our ink has doubled since bush left office!

forty billion dollars is it that the fed is gonna be creating out of thin air to buy toxic assetts?? wtf!!!

let those who played the game feel the pain for a change!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join