It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poor St. Louis Minorities Targeted for Secret Cold War Chemical Testing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

The aerosol was sprayed from blowers installed on rooftops and mounted on vehicles. ”The Army claims that they were spraying a quote ‘harmless’ zinc cadmium sulfide,” says Dr. Lisa Martino-Taylor, Professor of Sociology, St. Louis Community College. Yet Martino-Taylor points out, cadmium was a known toxin at the time of the spraying in the mid 50′s and mid 60′s. Worse, she says the aerosol was laced with a fluorescent additive – a suspected radiological compound – produced by U.S. Radium, a company linked to the deaths of workers at a watch factory decades before.

She says the spraying occurred between 1953 and 54 and again from 1963 to 65 in areas of North St. Louis and eventually in parts of South St. Louis. Martino-Taylor launched her research after hearing independent reports of cancers among city residents living in those areas at the time. “At this point, further investigation by government bodies would be welcome. They investigated it in the past and congressional inquiry in the past was not very effective.” She says some of the documents she tried to obtain remain classified, while others she requested had information redacted.

Dr. Martino-Taylor will be presenting her research Tuesday at St. Louis Community College. Click here for a link to the website.

stlouis.cbslocal.com...

The link posting the meeting and time info for tomorrow was 404'd while I was searching for info (imagine that)

stlouis.cbslocal.com...

I was wondering if anyone here has anymore info on this or possibly may have been affected by this spraying?

Or, is anyone going to this seminar and could post information produced in the lecture?

, and I spent a day reading about tooth studies and other fateful events that turned out to be related to the St. Louis aerosol study, although I‟m not sure I realized how useful those documents would be until much later, when I discovered Projects GABRIEL and SUNSHINE.
Page 14 from her dissertation
gradworks.umi.com...

Project GABRIEL refers to an investigation by the United States Atomic Energy Commission to gauge the impact of radioactive fallout resulting from nuclear warfare. GABRIEL surmised that radioactive isotope Strontium-90 presented the greatest hazard to life globally[1].

This resulted in the commissioning of Project SUNSHINE, which sought to examine the levels of Sr-90 in human tissues and bones (with a special interest in infants) gathered from around the world.

en.wikipedia.org...

Anybody ever heard of these experiments?

edit on 24-9-2012 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Good post! Although I have never heard of Projects Gabriel and Sunshine, I do know that chemical testing was done on unusupecting, uninformed populations in North America since the early 50s.

They would spray from cars, airplanes, and even in the New York Subway system. This is a clear violation of ethical standards for testing, and I think they are still doing it to this day, only in a sneakier fashion.

Probably sometime in the very far future, decades away, will today's amoral testing of the population be slowly released....if the Freedom of Information Act still exists......

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
and I think they are still doing it to this day, only in a sneakier fashion.

Yeah, I'm paranoid of the mosquito sprayer machine

But seriously, I believe it was agent orange being sprayed in the 60's I believe it was and and caused birth defects, and I wonder just what is in this spray?

Are we still being test subjects?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

OF course you are being sprayed... DO you ever look up .. do you see the chem trails.. what do you think they are doing? Spraying you that is what .. maybe weather farming also... It seems to rain right after a nice big display of chemtrails. with in a day or so... or maybe they are also hiding the extra planets and suns in the sky also.... but believe that YOU ARE BEING LIED TO .. one way or the other.....

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

S&F for your post. I had not heard of this. I grew up in S. St. Louis in the early sixties, I have vivid memories of the spraying for mosquito's during the summer months, and I would always run into and remain in the house as the noise was loud and frightening. Other kids would dance around in the fog as the trucks passed.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Im sure that I read a thread earlier. About the Nuenburg trails, were they said that it was a crime to test people with out their consent? Maybe it was only for the nazis, that this rule applied? If not then they have committed a crime?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yes, it was in her dissertation that these rules and ethics applied, and a crime against the people was committed.
edit on 24-9-2012 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
My dad grew up and lived in East St. Louis during the 40's-60's. He told us about sprayings that occurred there as well. He passed on from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma 15 years ago. He held the belief that exposure to toxins from when he was young may have contributed to his sickness.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Anyone else notice this took place under Democrat presidents, and stopped when a Republican took office? Just saying.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by hollwd

You are right, and I do believe in chemtrails.

I'm going to have my son tested for heavy metals levels, as he is diagnosed with ADHD. Bipolarism. and Aspergers. All are misgiagnosis of metal poisoning that is missed. And I believe it will have come from chemtrails, if it come back positive.
edit on 25-9-2012 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komaratzi11
My dad grew up and lived in East St. Louis during the 40's-60's. He told us about sprayings that occurred there as well. He passed on from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma 15 years ago. He held the belief that exposure to toxins from when he was young may have contributed to his sickness.

Thanks for your reply!
So, not everybody was totally blind as to what was going on...
I must also add, sorry for your loss.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Thanks for your reply. My kids and I, upon hearing the mosquito sprayer, all go in the house too and close all the windows and remain indoors the rest of the night.

The strange thing is, the drought this summer left us with NO MOSQUITOS, and they're still spraying. Not ONE person I've asked remembers having a mosquito bite this summer, and the still spray. HMMMM.....

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Here is something which backs up what I said about testing humans without their consent.

www.nejm.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The St Louis Zinc Cadmium sulphide (ZnCds) experiments were a part of an enormous Biological Warfare (BW) programme which was undertaken by the Tripartite countries (United States of America, United Kingdom and Canada) during the 1950's and 1960's.

These public area experiments were conducted in order to discover how to contaminate vast swathes of countryside with Biological Warfare agents without using BW munitions. This new BW technique was named the Large Area Coverage concept and proved that a single aircraft flying a single sortie could contaminate a target at least 14,000 square miles in size. This was a ground-breaking new concept and one which provided the previously ailing US/UK/CAN BW research programme with a boost.

The Zinc Cadmium suphide (sulfide if you're in the US) compound was used as a Biological Warfare simulant, not only because it behaved like a real BW agent in aerosol form, but because it fluoresced under ultra-violet light. Although many ZnCds experiments (known as field trials) used material supplied by the US Radium Corps it is not radioactive. It is however very hazardous to health, especially when used as a BW simulant.

A BW simulant is a supposedly harmless substance which mimics the physical properties of a real BW agent, without causing any adverse health effects. It is often used in public area BW experiments which, by their very nature, prohibit the dissemination of a pathogenic (disease causing) BW agent. A typical BW simulant may be a chemical compound, such as Zinc Cadmium sulphide (ZnCds), or a bacterium, such as E.coli or Bacillus subtilis.

Whether chemical or bacterium, the ideal simulant particle size is identical to that of a real BW agent - between 1-5 microns. This size enables a BW particle to evade the body’s natural defences and penetrate the deepest part of the lungs - the alveoli.

Unfortunately for those exposed to BW simulant aerosols, the end result is that their body is unable to prevent the simulant penetrating deep into their lungs.
Closing doors or windows, holding a handkerchief to the mouth, all are useless in preventing ones lungs from being penetrated by particles of this size.

You might find the following BBC TV broadcast of interest, as it concerns the use of ZnCds as a BW simulant by UK military scientists from Porton Down. The broadcast details a series of Cold War ZnCds BW field trials which took place in the UK counties of Norfolk and Bedfordshire between 1960-64.

Just like the St Louis experiments, these trials were conducted in great secrecy on an unsuspecting public.

The BBC broadcast is entitled Clouds Of Secrecy.

zero lift

new topics

top topics

join